Thread: Going outside beef for pastured meats... page

Sergel is offline Junior Member

Going outside beef for pastured meats...

Primal Fuel
    Its very difficult to get pastured beef in Quebec... however, I enjoy Bison a lot... and that is pastured raised... The Bison around here is feed only grasses and hay... which I thing is a good thing... Ant it taste like heaven...

Any of you guys in the same boat? Having trouble finding clean meat... I am turning to large game farms for good meat... How about you?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    No, thankfully its easy for me to get a range of different, free range, grass fed and hormone free animals from the same butcher. Also get eggs (from grain free chickens), and nitrate and sugar free bacon. I am very grateful.
    It sucks that it is hard for lots of you.

Sergel is offline Junior Member
    Well... I look at sourcing the food as part of the hunt....lol

I am now a hunter of proper meat.... its not as much work as having to kill it yourself... although I am planning to go hunting next season...

This is good, it makes me realize that what we take for granted as food is really not that good. Lucky I already like game so for me its a treat, not a chore...

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    We can get buffalo here occasionally in steak and burger which is quite good. There is another kind of "Bison" burger here that is readily available all the time but the stuff gives me the world's worst heartburn unlike the Buffalo. I think technically Bison and Buffalo are the same critter, but maybe it's what they're fed that makes the labeling distinction. Regardless, Bison hurts my stomach. Lamb is readily available but I cannot get used to that gamy taste and rarely buy it. Unfortunately I eat primarily conventionally grown beef (bad, I know) and fish.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

s-piper is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergel View Post
    Its very difficult to get pastured beef in Quebec... however, I enjoy Bison a lot... and that is pastured raised... The Bison around here is feed only grasses and hay... which I thing is a good thing... Ant it taste like heaven...

Any of you guys in the same boat? Having trouble finding clean meat... I am turning to large game farms for good meat... How about you?
    There are lots of farms around here that offer grass-fed beef and free-range pork, chicken, and eggs.
    The problem is I'm a student, so I have trouble affording it. I maybe could if I bought in bulk, but I share a standard size freezer with roommates, so I don't have the space for that to be an option.

I have had bison is restaurants, though, and it's delicious! Do you have sources for venison? That's also very good.