Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deadlifts page

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member

Deadlifts

75 Ways Deadlifting Just Plain Rocks | DeanSomerset.com

I really didn't want to hijack the Ladies Who Lift thread, but I wanted to express to everyone how much I love Reason #37:
    37. Bruce Lee did deadlifts with Franco Columbu. Chuck Norris did the Total Gym with Christie Brinkley. That is why Chuck Norris is now a series of jokes, and why Bruce Lee is no joke.

The pictures and videos are pretty awesome too.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Ha, you're welcome to intercede jfreaksho!

Yeah, that article was my main inspiration for deciding to start lifting. Particularly the third pic
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jfreaksho View Post
    I really didn't want to hijack the Ladies Who Lift thread, but I wanted to express to everyone how much I love Reason #37:
    37. Bruce Lee did deadlifts with Franco Columbu. Chuck Norris did the Total Gym with Christie Brinkley. That is why Chuck Norris is now a series of jokes, and why Bruce Lee is no joke.
    lol... I love Bruce Lee and even dead lifts, but I dunno if thats the best reason. I mean Chuck is still alive, moving excellently as he ages, and got a hot woman on his arm. Just saying ...If I'm him its like "laugh at me all you like, I'm Chuck Norris bitches!"

My favorite is #13. Do anything it takes to complete the lift! Awesome mantra.
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 02-15-2013 at 06:24 AM.

RichMahogany is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by the article
    39. Chalk works best for outlines
    Is he saying not to use chalk? I know (and agree) that Rippetoe says that you should only wear lifting gloves if they match your purse, but what's more masculine and awesome than chalk?

Whatever. The guy's on point with the other 74 reasons. Great article.

Quote Originally Posted by RichMahogany View Post
    Is he saying not to use chalk? I know (and agree) that Rippetoe says that you should only wear lifting gloves if they match your purse, but what's more masculine and awesome than chalk?

Whatever. The guy's on point with the other 74 reasons. Great article.
    I had to bite my lip at the gym recently when the dudes start comparing their gloves. Also, one guy that does dead lifts bounces them hard and you know what Rip says about those folks.
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Quote Originally Posted by justyouraveragecavemen View Post
    I had to bite my lip at the gym recently when the dudes start comparing their gloves. Also, one guy that does dead lifts bounces them hard and you know what Rip says about those folks.
    Yeah, that's why I lift at home. I was thinking about the deadlift bouncers when the article said "imagine kipping deadlifts." Same difference.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    I have taken a break from deadlifting and I am trying out hacklift and Pendlayrowing instead. Hacklift is pretty much the same as a deadlift though, only with the bar behind the body, a reverse deadlift so to say. Pendlayrowing standing on a block with supinated grip is also a great allround movement so I am going to see what results those exercises brings for the next weeks...

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    I don't bounce. Oh my god how could I? It's almost like I do 5 singles. I don't let go, I don't get out of position, but I have to breathe before the next one.

I deadlifted 155lbs yesterday. Not much in absolute terms but it was a) well over my body weight, b) easier than I thought it would be (thought I would fail), and c) I felt like Wonder Woman all day after.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    I can squat 180lbs, press 72.5lbs and deadlift 185lbs

Awesome sbhikes!
    If I just said LOL, I lied. Do or do not. There is no try.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes View Post
    I don't bounce. Oh my god how could I? It's almost like I do 5 singles. I don't let go, I don't get out of position, but I have to breathe before the next one.
    Yes. Let the weight be held by the floor, re-set your valsalva, and go. It's definitely still 1 set of 5.

Quote Originally Posted by sbhikes,1096582
    I deadlifted 155lbs yesterday
    That's legit. I'm more convinced than ever that you just need more recovery time between deadlift days. Great work. Stronger than you've ever been!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast