Thread: Seriously not hungry? page

the_walrus0 is offline Member

Seriously not hungry?

Primal Fuel
    I feel like it's a fluke! I ate at noon today and it's 6 pm. I'm not hungry at all! I mean, I could eat but it doesn't feel like an emergency. I'm going to have dinner later and be done. I feel like I wasn't using enough fat in my breakfast before now. I have started adding coconut oil to my coffee and using more butter. My breakfast was still maybe 700 calories. For dinner I guess I'll be eating 1000. Not too shabby.

I hope I can keep this up.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    The cool kids call it being a 'fat burning beast'.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

thewildirishgirl is offline Junior Member
    I know! It's awesome, right? I went from hypoglycemic, on the border of homicide every three hours if I didn't eat to...meh, maybe I'll have a handful of nuts until I eat dinner in a few hours.

magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    And then to 'so, I guess this feeling is hunger, eh? who knew?'.

Before primal hunger for me had always been the ravening homicidal low sugar crash. Now I know that hunger is just a dull nagging feeling in your stomach, that can be adressed or postponed at will.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

the_walrus0 is offline Member
    I know! I actually waited a little too long because I was too excited, but I didn't stuff my face even though it was true, pit of my stomach gurgling hunger! I finished the day with maintenance calories. Hell, a day of maintenance calories and no binging with two delicious meals? I'll take it!

I'm going to experiment with some more fats and meats as tomorrow will be my second primal shopping trip! I really think the added fats have been helping.

richardcastle is offline Banned
    I also feel the same, but mostly i feel it during the morning.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    I don't even know what real hunger is anymore. I mean, very rarely will my stomach actually GROWL for food. Last night I had the weirdest "hurt" in my tummy. Like, it was just a little glowing spot if you can visualize that. I thought... is this hunger? Nah, It's not growling. So, it got worse, and I ate my dinner salad and it went away. Does anyone's body do that instead of growling?
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

adameads is offline Senior Member
    On Wednesday, I had some pastured pork sausage and two eggs for breakfast....had the busiest day of work I've had in my career, and didn't realize I hadn't eaten anything until about 7 that night.

Now, that's not to say that this is my goal or intention, but the fact that I didn't notice I wasn't eating or that I wasn't ravenous is a good sign I'm fat adapted.

Primal rocks!!!
    Liberalism: ideas so good they have to be mandatory.

PeaceKaren is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    And then to 'so, I guess this feeling is hunger, eh? who knew?'.

Before primal hunger for me had always been the ravening homicidal low sugar crash. Now I know that hunger is just a dull nagging feeling in your stomach, that can be adressed or postponed at will.
    +1!

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by thewildirishgirl View Post
    I know! It's awesome, right? I went from hypoglycemic, on the border of homicide every three hours if I didn't eat to...meh, maybe I'll have a handful of nuts until I eat dinner in a few hours.
    That was me, also. I used to have a blood sugar crash so bad I'd get the shakes, brain fog, and homicidal irritability. Now that I eat primal, that never happens.
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012