Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 291

Thread: Low carb + lower fat page 5

  1. #41
    magicmerl's Avatar
    magicmerl is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    3,058
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I used to eat 2 meals, but didn't need the second, but I guess that is the BP coffee, so dropping that could help, but I would need to add most of that fat back in, so I guess id be in the same position, just eating 2 meals, instead of 1 and a BP coffee wouldn't I?
    Heh. Yeah, don't drink your calories. (unless you are *trying* to gain weight)
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

    Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

  2. #42
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    7,056
    Hi Ayla, I was just concerned. Pretty much following bad doctors' advice and not taking her diabetes seriously killed my mother probably 10 years ahead of her time based on how long most of my family lives. I never meant to imply anything negative.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

  3. #43
    Ayla2010's Avatar
    Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,296
    Quote Originally Posted by JoanieL View Post
    Hi Ayla, I was just concerned. Pretty much following bad doctors' advice and not taking her diabetes seriously killed my mother probably 10 years ahead of her time based on how long most of my family lives. I never meant to imply anything negative.
    No no I didn't think that
    Thanks

  4. #44
    Ayla2010's Avatar
    Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,296
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Heh. Yeah, don't drink your calories. (unless you are *trying* to gain weight)
    How does that work though? What if I am eating the same calories and macros as a BP coffee in one meal? How does that impact it?

  5. #45
    Drumroll's Avatar
    Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,863
    II'm still a big fan of Mark's idea of "dialing in calories weekly." Fasting is pretty dang great for insulin sensitivity (Intermittent Fasting Improves Insulin Sensitivity Even without Weight Loss) and therefore, the occasional 24 hour fast is probably a good thing.

    What Mark means by dialing in the calories on a weekly basis is this: if you need 2,000 calories per day to maintain (just a random number picked) then you need not eat 2,000 a day, every day to do so. You merely need to eat 14,000 calories over the course of the week (2,000 * 7). You can then include a 24 hour fast or two as long as you make up the missed 2,000 - 4,000 calories by eating more on other days of that week.

  6. #46
    Neckhammer's Avatar
    Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,674
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumroll View Post
    I'm still a big fan of Mark's idea of "dialing in calories weekly." Fasting is pretty dang great for insulin sensitivity (Intermittent Fasting Improves Insulin Sensitivity Even without Weight Loss) and therefore, the occasional 24 hour fast is probably a good thing.

    What Mark means by dialing in the calories on a weekly basis is this: if you need 2,000 calories per day to maintain (just a random number picked) then you need not eat 2,000 a day, every day to do so. You nearly need to eat 14,000 calories over the course of the week (2,000 * 7). You can then include a 24 hour fast or two as long as you make up the missed 2,000 - 4,000 calories by eating more on other days of that week.
    Yeah, thats how I roll too . Today I probably gorged down 5000-6000 calories. Sushi buffet and much much more for dinner all with a stout workout done fasted prior. Just one of my go nuts days. I probably won't eat until dinner time tomorrow though. Not cause I'm fasting....just cause I'm just not likely to be hungry till then.

  7. #47
    Drumroll's Avatar
    Drumroll is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    3,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Yeah, thats how I roll too . Today I probably gorged down 5000-6000 calories. Sushi buffet and much much more for dinner all with a stout workout done fasted prior. Just one of my go nuts days. I probably won't eat until dinner time tomorrow though. Not cause I'm fasting....just cause I'm just not likely to be hungry till then.
    Yep, I do the same thing from time to time... And since I lowered calories on other days to make up for the huge hit on that one day, I won't gain. It doesn't always make sense that you wouldn't have to eat daily to maintain weight, but in my experience, from testing this theory out, Mark was right on the money.

  8. #48
    Ayla2010's Avatar
    Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,296
    Can anyone answer any of my earlier questions please? Zach can you explain more about what you said?

    Going back to starvation mode and body holding on to fat.
    Firstly, why did I not lose weight when I first went back to primal, and only eating to satisfaction? I had come off a 6 month binge of SAD foods, and gained almost 20 kg? Is this because the high insulin had come up about here sometime?
    I guess I did lose 4 kg in Jan, because of reduced calories maybe, but I was already lc oct-jan, but just lowered them slight more for Jan, with more fat.

  9. #49
    Ayla2010's Avatar
    Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,296
    Also if starvation mode is true, how do you explain anorexics, and bulimics getting extremely thin? Why do their bodies not hold onto what fat they have since they are eating even less than I am. Not to mention they would actually be feeling hunger, but ignoring it. If I had more hunger I would not ignore it.

    I can see the first step is to ditch the BP coffee, I already had intended too, but I do like it so hadn't yet. And to eat a real meal instead.

  10. #50
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    It's not the heat, it's the stupidity.
    Posts
    7,056
    Your body isn't what you ate yesterday, it's what you ate this last year.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

Page 5 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •