Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb + lower fat page 22

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    A friend of me became fat by eating less! How is that even possible though? Well, he was very active into sport and when he quit his active carreer he ate less but he also exercised MUCH LESS than before, so in a period of five years he “woke up” and realized that he had become rather fat. He still did OVEREAT though, even if he ate less than before…

janie is offline Senior Member
    I don't doubt that is true. And I can guarantee you that I was a super active kid as I grew up in pre-computer days when children went outside to run, roller skate, play ball, etc.

However, my point is that through history there has been many theories in medicine that have ultimately been disproved. Many people have similar experiences to mine and CW doesn't study it or try to explain it. They dismiss it as overeating as is frequently done here. That is too simplistic to explain my experience or that of many others.There is quite a lot in the literature now that points to modern wheat as one source of weight gain and for many even a small amount of sugar is a kind of poison. All I can share is my experience: cutting out grains and sugar (and for some time potatoes as well) helped me lose 70 pounds that I was never able to lose with much effort in the past..

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    Can't read it Derp. I got you on ignore as do many others.

I'm 67 years old and know what my experience has been. I imagine you insulted me, but that's what you do.
    Heh. I'm not 67, but same.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Eating too much food is the physiological reason behind fat gain for everybody, but if we ask WHY an overweight person eats too much food - then we will get lots of differentiated reasons behind their overeating. But they are still overeating though…

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Eating too much food is the physiological reason behind fat gain for everybody, but if we ask WHY an overweight person eats too much food - then we will get lots of differentiated reasons behind their overeating. But they are still overeating though…

I don't know how to explain it to you any better. Many scientific theories have been overturned. Many conditions thought to be a result of mere laziness have turned out to have real physiological causes.

I doubt I can change your mind and won't try further. But I know that there are others with the same experience as I.

Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    heh. I'm not 67, but same.
    lol!

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    The more I get into this way of eating, losing weight and then stalling - the more I am convinced that FOR ME it is about the amount of calories and also about the combinations of calories.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

emmie is offline Senior Member
    It is also possible that people with obesity issues (overweight all their lives) overeat--but don't realize it.

I'm 71, and only in the past 5 years have I achieved a 'normal' weight by losing almost 200 lbs (maintaining loss for 2 years now and counting).

What I learned (and what 'saved' me) is that I'm extremely sensitive to carbs, so that by eating the SAD, my appetite was insatiable. But since I was only eating to hunger and not 'stuffing myself,' I never considered that I was overeating. When I'd try to eat less with a SAD in an attempt to lose weight, I was starving, and couldn't manage to stick with it.

Only by limiting myself to 20g carbs can I minimize my appetite, and I need to eat at that level even in maintenance. What's interesting is that my body seems to thrive on such low-carb eating, and I suspect that's because of a basic metabolic disorder that causes me to 'react' to carbs.

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Wow Emmie - that is HUGE !!!!! Well done you.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by emmie View Post
    It is also possible that people with obesity issues (overweight all their lives) overeat--but don't realize it.
    If it took you 40 years to put on those 200 pounds you lost, that's fewer than 50 calories in excess per day. That's like one bite your body was telling you it needed when it didn't. It's not like you were cramming food down for your whole life.

Page 22 of 30 FirstFirst ... 122021222324 ... LastLast