Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb + lower fat page 21

janie is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    I didn't get fat from overeating. I got fat from eating the WRONG foods. 99% of the time I was HUNGRY, especially after having my 1/2 of lowfat wholewheat bagel with a piece of lowfat cheese breakfast and all the other recommendations of CW. And I kept gaining. I realize that doesn't fit the calories in/calories out theory but there you have it. And, unfortunately, I'm not the only one.

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripped View Post
    Most people who get fat get fat from overeating.
    Most people??? How is it possible for the body to store fat if you are not eating MORE than the body need for energy expenditure? I would rather say that EVERYBODY got fat due to overeating, but in a few cases certain diseases can make people overeat, that's true...

TheFastCat is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    Something I have been wondering about is having meals like this:
    Leaner protein, cooked in a little fat, ie coconut oil or ghee, with a large green leafy salad. Or grill the meat so it doesn't need add fat.
    Maybe the occasional starchy carbs.
    this is Paleo lol

pretty much what I eat for dinner...
    ad astra per aspera

Ripped is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Most people??? How is it possible for the body to store fat if you are not eating MORE than the body need for energy expenditure? I would rather say that EVERYBODY got fat due to overeating, but in a few cases certain diseases can make people overeat, that's true...
    This is the thing I don't get. If one understands how the body works, they'd realize that without food the pancreas secretes glucagon in order to burn fat and keep the blood sugar normal. Even in such a state, if you perform physical activity, more glucagon is secreted and the blood sugar remains stable.

With that being said, the only way possible that I can think of where someone couldn't lose fat is if they couldn't produce glucagon. And I haven't heard of a single case where that has happened.

Even with an incredibly slow metabolism, the answer still remains the same.

ugh... why is it so hard for people to eat vegetables, meat, fruit in reasonable portions, exercise consistently

One thing that is a common thread between many people on this forum who "cannot" lose weight is their lack of exercise, or ineffectual exercise. I think these people don't know what exercise is or the amount they need to do because at early age they were sedentary, non athletic. It's a reason why physical education (everything that entails - not just gym class) is essential to a child's education. How to move, making it fun, etc.

/rant
    Last edited by TheFastCat; 02-20-2013 at 10:23 AM.
    ad astra per aspera

Gorbag is offline Senior Member
    Yep, everybody got fat from overeating too much food and I repeat it gladly; - everybody became fat from OVEREATING too much food! - also in those cases of metabolic slowdown due to illness or hormonal imbalances etc., saying otherwise is either plain ignorance, stupidity or even dishonesty, or a combination of those things. Personally I am getting a bit fed up of posters deceiving themselves and others about that overeating is not the reason why they became fat. Do they think that the body burn and stores energy out of thin air?

Think how much obesity would be eliminated if children were introducted to "good foods" and "yucky foods" and led to understand how good foods make you strong, healthy and beautiful and bad foods make you unhealthy. I understand that many people are in the situation they are in because they never learned this early on but when you think about the underlying principle of what you should put in your body and what you shouldn't, how to exist physically and be physically capable -- it's about as basic, low level Human 101 as you can get. People act like it's this huge secret that has taken them 30 years to discover, or that it's a constant battle to not shovel potatoes and bacon down their throats. Maybe it is a constant battle for some people but I just can't relate to that. If it isn't hard for me why is it hard for so many other people? Genetics? auto immune disease? I'm lucky?
    ad astra per aspera

Quote Originally Posted by Gorbag View Post
    Yep, everybody got fat from overeating too much food and I repeat it gladly; - everybody became fat from OVEREATING too much food! - also in those cases of metabolic slowdown due to illness or hormonal imbalances etc., saying otherwise is either plain ignorance, stupidity or even dishonesty, or a combination of those things. Personally I am getting a bit fed up of posters deceiving themselves and others about that overeating is not the reason why they became fat. Do they think that the body burn and stores energy out of thin air?
    Very narrow view. I've been struggling to lose weight since I was about 8 years old. As I said, I have gone hungry uncountable times in my determination to lose. After weeks of eating very low calorie, I'd lose maybe a pound. Ultimately I'd lose the battle w/hunger and have a cheeseburger or some other thing and immediately gain back the one pound I struggled for weeks to lose. I did spend many years following CW and eating foods that apparently were a big mistake for my body. When I went low carb and dumped all grains & sugar, I was finally successful. I was never told I had a metabolic problem but I believe this indicates I do and many others like me do as well and continue to be undiagnosed. Dismissing us as overeaters is insulting. You don't know what you are talking about.

Derpamix is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by janie View Post
    Very narrow view. I've been struggling to lose weight since I was about 8 years old. As I said, I have gone hungry uncountable times in my determination to lose. After weeks of eating very low calorie, I'd lose maybe a pound. Ultimately I'd lose the battle w/hunger and have a cheeseburger or some other thing and immediately gain back the one pound I struggled for weeks to lose. I did spend many years following CW and eating foods that apparently were a big mistake for my body. When I went low carb and dumped all grains & sugar, I was finally successful. I was never told I had a metabolic problem but I believe this indicates I do and many others like me do as well and continue to be undiagnosed. Dismissing us as overeaters is insulting. You don't know what you are talking about.
    Yeah, your thyroid. Caused by who knows what, given that no one knows you.

Of course he doesn't know what he's talking about in regards to your n=1!!!11(I hate this stupid lingo) how could he?

You're a really angry person who happens to be wrong about the majority of things they post(hi insulin). I suggest you calm down, because it's kind of funny for you to comment that someone else doesn't know what they're talking about.
    nihil

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Can't read it Derp. I got you on ignore as do many others.

I'm 67 years old and know what my experience has been. I imagine you insulted me, but that's what you do.

Page 21 of 30 FirstFirst ... 111920212223 ... LastLast