Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb + lower fat page 16

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I DON"T want to live in this fat disgusting body
    Ayla I hate butting in - but you must stop talking yourself down. I know I know - I do it all the time, and I must stop too. It isn't actually beneficial for our own self confidence and healing - refering to ourselves in this derogatory manner....................
    ...................... so heres my plea - please think of yourself as a wonderful wife, mother, student, daughter, grand daughter, cousin etc.........your body is the most amazing vessel, and it sounds like you have done some damage, as alot of us have - but please i think that you can afford a wee bit of "love thyself"
    G x
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    Ayla I hate butting in - but you must stop talking yourself down. I know I know - I do it all the time, and I must stop too. It isn't actually beneficial for our own self confidence and healing - refering to ourselves in this derogatory manner....................
    ...................... so heres my plea - please think of yourself as a wonderful wife, mother, student, daughter, grand daughter, cousin etc.........your body is the most amazing vessel, and it sounds like you have done some damage, as alot of us have - but please i think that you can afford a wee bit of "love thyself"
    G x
    Thanks G, you are the best. xx
    I do try my hardest to be more positive, but just had a bit of a moment earlier after doing some cleaning, I posted about it in my journal.
    Then more garbage from Zach, I thought it was the end of it.

And you are never butting in

Paleobird Guest
    Thanks PB, I appreciate it.

And remember Zach yes my insulin is high but not the average sugar over 3 months (can't remember the name of the test). Both together would indicate diabetes. But from the reading ive been doing just now on physiological insulin resistance, that is what happens, high insulin but normal avg sugars. My glucose on the day of the test was slightly higher. When ive been testing at home this week, my sugars have been mostly in the normal range, but the odd high one when ive tested it out by eating more fruit.
    This is also from the article NH linked:

So do I worry about a FBG of over 5.5mmol/l?

Not while my HbA1c is 4.4%.
    That is the other test you are speaking about.

I trust what Mark says, and from this article :

To sum up, I don’t think you need to worry about insulin resistance as long as you’re still losing weight – which you appear to be doing – since weight loss exerts a powerful effect on insulin sensitivity. However, once you’re lean, or have stalled without changing anything, moving back toward the 100-150 Primal carb gram range will keep your insulin receptors “honest” without causing weight gain (and it may even jumpstart weight loss again). Lifting heavy things, sprinting every once in awhile (in a manner suitable for your physical limitations), and doing lots of slow moving will also keep you insulin-sensitive, particularly after the physical activity.

Read more: Does Eating a Low Carb Diet Cause Insulin Resistance? | Mark's Daily Apple

I AM losing weight, and yes I am impatient, I thought 4 kg enough wasn't enough in a month, but shit, I really can't complain about it. On the 1/3 I am sure I will have lost more, and I will see when I get there.

I really don't think I have any thing to worry about just yet, , and now I do feel better about it all.

I am doing what is right for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    This is also from the article NH linked:

That is the other test you are speaking about.
    Yes that is the one
    My fasting BGL from that day was 7.7, so yes higher, but similar to the guy from the article. The avg prob shows more than just from one day.
    The Dr could not explain it but still wanted to call it diabetes, I did not know about physiological insulin resistance at that point.
    Mine is 5.2 % Well within the normal range.
    As was my cholesterol and the LDL/HDL ratios etc, which often is abnormal with diabetes.

Paleobird Guest
    I AM losing weight, and yes I am impatient, I thought 4 kg enough wasn't enough in a month, but shit, I really can't complain about it. On the 1/3 I am sure I will have lost more, and I will see when I get there.
    4KG a month?? That's like 2.2 pounds a week! If you are complaining about that, I am going to make a special trip down under to slap some sense into your head girl. That is something to be proud of.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    4KG a month?? That's like 2.2 pounds a week! If you are complaining about that, I am going to make a special trip down under to slap some sense into your head girl. That is something to be proud of.
    Thanks PB I know now. I just have moments thats all. I forgot to mention that Oct-Jan I lost nothing when I went back to primal after a 6 month long binge and no exercise. That was my other worry, but hey it is entirely possible I was eating more than I needed still of good primal food.
    That 4 kg was from going LCHF, and I did track a bit in the beginning to see what I was eating numbers wise. I am def eating less now than what I was back then, but instead of BP coffee I had a meal the last 2 mornings which made me hungry to actually want some lunch, so maybe this will help, we shall see though

zoebird is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    so heres my plea - please think of yourself as a wonderful wife, mother, student, daughter, grand daughter, cousin etc.........your body is the most amazing vessel, and it sounds like you have done some damage, as alot of us have - but please i think that you can afford a wee bit of "love thyself"
    I agree. And take some inspiration from the japanese art of kintsugi.

It is said that in the 15th century, a Japanese shogun had an expensive pottery tea vessel sent to china for repair. When it was returned, it had only been held together with staples. Angered, he set out to find another way. By mixing gold dust with resin, the breaks were both repaired and beautiful.

Remember, broken things aren't useless, and needn't stay broken forever. And sometimes, once repaired, are even more beautiful than the original.

Quote Originally Posted by zoebird View Post
    I agree. And take some inspiration from the japanese art of kintsugi.

It is said that in the 15th century, a Japanese shogun had an expensive pottery tea vessel sent to china for repair. When it was returned, it had only been held together with staples. Angered, he set out to find another way. By mixing gold dust with resin, the breaks were both repaired and beautiful.

Remember, broken things aren't useless, and needn't stay broken forever. And sometimes, once repaired, are even more beautiful than the original.
    That really is a great way to look at it

Page 16 of 30 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast