Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb + lower fat page 15

Paleobird Guest
    Primal Fuel
    From the link NH posted:

LC eating rapidly induces insulin resistance. This is a completely and utterly normal physiological response to carbohydrate restriction. Carbohydrate restriction drops insulin levels. Low insulin levels activate hormone sensitive lipase. Fatty tissue breaks down and releases non esterified fatty acids. These are mostly taken up by muscle cells as fuel and automatically induce insulin resistance in those muscles.

This is patently logical as muscle runs well on lipids and so glucose can be left for tissues such as brain, which really need it.

However, while muscles are in "refusal mode" for glucose the least input, from food or gluconeogenesis, will rapidly spike blood glucose out of all proportion. This is fine if you stick to LC in your eating. It also means that if you take an oral glucose tolerance test you will fail and be labelled diabetic.

The general opinion in LC circles is that you need 150g of carbohydrate per day for three days before an oral glucose tolerance test.
    Perhaps this is what happened to you, Ayla?

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Ok, Ayla. I will leave you alone when you stop feeling the need to defend the world of low carb from me. Stop highligting my posts that are not directed at you and i will stop giving you advice that you dont want to hear.

One last thing though, you are not Neckhammer or PB. Your options are limited when it comes to fixing your health and i firmly believe you are on the wrong path. If you would rather take meds and stay on the weight loss/gain rollercoaster then try something out of your comfort zone then that is on you. I believe i could have you lose fat and regain your health if you would just listen and try.

Good luck to you.
    Zach I am defending it because it works for some, and not everyone is going to be damaged by it.

What does that mean, I am not neckhammer? Really no shit. My comments don't apply becaause I am not them?

Your suggestion is to eat more sugar, I am NOT doing that, what part of sugar leads to bingeing for ME don't you get. If I eat more sugar, I will be in a worse position.
    I am losing fat, just slowly and maybe that is OK.

I have not said I am going to take the meds, I am still considering it, and I already said I am getting my insulin retested in a month, of eating MORE food. Did you miss that?

And don't you dare say I want to destroy myself, I DON"T want to live in this fat disgusting body and I am working my way through it, you don't know me, and don't understand.
    If I didn't care I would be stuffing myself with SAD food still, and eating myself into a stupor. So please just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    From the link NH posted:

Perhaps this is what happened to you, Ayla?
    Yes I am wondering, it does make sense.
    So in a way Zach saying LC is the cause of my problem is kind of right. BUT in saying that, I still don't see it as being the same as Insulin resistance caused by someone is still eating garbage. And its not going to cause the same damage.
    I have already said I plan to eat more, but I am not going to stuff myself full of carbs and other sugars like Zach suggests

I already said too, that I only went to the Dr due to being impatient about losing weight slowly. I am still losing, but have never ever lost weight quickly, ever, so its probably normal.

I do not have any symptoms, and do not feel unwell. I am not doing any damage to myself.

And Zach you started a thread with an article you said you posted for me.
    How is that not being specifically harassing me?
    It really wasn't needed, why not PM it to me if you really feel the need to share it with me?

Zach is offline Banned
    You didnt agree to stop following me around...

Your right i dont know you, but i know a heck of a lot about your health since you post so many threads about it. You have no idea what i would have you do. If you ever want to know, PM me.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    And Zach you started a thread with an article you said you posted for me.
    How is that not being specifically harassing me?
    It really wasn't needed, why not PM it to me if you really feel the need to share it with me?
    Get over yourself. I posted that for everyone. Its way to easy to get you riled, the stresz cannot be good for your health.

Paleobird Guest
    One last thing though, you are not Neckhammer or PB. Your options are limited when it comes to fixing your health and i firmly believe you are on the wrong path. If you would rather take meds and stay on the weight loss/gain rollercoaster then try something out of your comfort zone then that is on you. I believe i could have you lose fat and regain your health if you would just listen and try.
    WTF is that supposed to mean? She is not at goal weight and not in perfect health? Well, news flash, neither was I when I started. I was 210lbs and just recovering from chemo with all of the thyroid derangement that goes with that.

I have fixed my health and lost the weight doing this and Ayla can too.

And FYI, she is not, as of now, taking the meds and she is losing weight, slowly but surely. Step the @@@@ off!

You didnt agree to stop following me around...

Your right i dont know you, but i know a heck of a lot about your health since you post so many threads about it. You have no idea what i would have you do. If you ever want to know, PM me.
    I already asked you to do that. You never did.
    So you wouldn't tell me to eat more sugar?

Why wont you post here then, I would actually love to know? I swear you have posted about eating more sugar, but please correct me if I am wrong.

Get over yourself. I posted that for everyone. Its way to easy to get you riled, the stresz cannot be good for your health.
    You said in the thread you posted it for me, I quoted you.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    WTF is that supposed to mean? She is not at goal weight and not in perfect health? Well, news flash, neither was I when I started. I was 210lbs and just recovering from chemo with all of the thyroid derangement that goes with that.

I have fixed my health and lost the weight doing this and Ayla can too.

And FYI, she is not, as of now, taking the meds and she is losing weight, slowly but surely. Step the @@@@ off!
    Thanks PB, I appreciate it.

And remember Zach yes my insulin is high but not the average sugar over 3 months (can't remember the name of the test). Both together would indicate diabetes. But from the reading ive been doing just now on physiological insulin resistance, that is what happens, high insulin but normal avg sugars. My glucose on the day of the test was slightly higher. When ive been testing at home this week, my sugars have been mostly in the normal range, but the odd high one when ive tested it out by eating more fruit.

Page 15 of 30 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast