Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Low carb + lower fat page 14

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    who said it was good though?

Read what Neckhammer posted. There was also an article posted by Mark about it.

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    who said it was good though?
    That is essentially what you are asking. If your insulin resistance is ok. No its not good for you. No its not ok. I seriously cant believe you still ask these questions. And you want to be in the health field??

Paleobird Guest
    What part of normal and transient did you not understand, Zach?

Zach is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    What part of normal and transient did you not understand, Zach?
    Show me something not written by Mark Sisson that says that it is good. Normal does not mean good.

Zach that is not what I said.

I wanted to know what the difference was between having physiological insulin resistance, and managing it via eating the way I am compared to someone who has high insulin due to not looking after themselves, IE eating garbage.

I have already said I am not going high carb.

And yes I want to be in the health field, i am a long way off being finished and getting out there. Right now healing myself is the most important thing. That comment was irrelevant to this thread. Now I truly believe you are being nasty and trying to hassle me for your own pleasure. Please just STOP.

This thread is finished.
    For now I am going to keeping eating as I am but working on eating more and not drinking my calories, as well exercising.
    I will go back to the Dr in a month and re-test my insulin. I am keeping an eye on my sugar levels at home.
    I will then decide about the meds the Dr prescribed. Right now the important thing is bringing down my insulin, which will happen as I lose weight also. Yes its happening slowly but its still happening. So for now this is what I will focus on, plus keeping stress out of my life.

Zach you only have to google physiological insulin resistance to find a ton of articles.
    Pick any damn topic and you can find many things disputing it and many agreeing. Just because you are posting an article against it, doesn't make it right. Just because it might be right for you.
    Physiological Insulin Resistance - Ketopia
    there is one I found. Who knows if its right. It makes sense to me. IF things get worse for me, then I will re-think what I am doing. I am not stupid. You seem to think so but I don't give a shit.

Neckhammer is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Show me something not written by Mark Sisson that says that it is good. Normal does not mean good.

Hyperlipid: Physiological insulin resistance

I think I could make a very good case that a proper physiological adaptation to your environment and the capacity to reverse or change this adaptation in the face of changes to that environment without damage to the organism is "good", "healthy", and "metabolically fit".
    Last edited by Neckhammer; 02-16-2013 at 04:30 PM.

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Normal means NOT pathological.

Seriously, Zach. Get off of Ayla's case. You are getting into creepy stalker land here.

Zach is offline Banned
    Ok, Ayla. I will leave you alone when you stop feeling the need to defend the world of low carb from me. Stop highligting my posts that are not directed at you and i will stop giving you advice that you dont want to hear.

One last thing though, you are not Neckhammer or PB. Your options are limited when it comes to fixing your health and i firmly believe you are on the wrong path. If you would rather take meds and stay on the weight loss/gain rollercoaster then try something out of your comfort zone then that is on you. I believe i could have you lose fat and regain your health if you would just listen and try.

Good luck to you.

Page 14 of 30 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast