Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 291

Thread: Low carb + lower fat page 10

  1. #91
    Shadowknight137's Avatar
    Shadowknight137 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand.
    Posts
    610
    Shop Now
    Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    Right. Most people wont eat 3000 calories even if they are not trying to lose weight. We have become a nation that fears the very things that gives us life.
    It's quite weird, really. Gave it some thought, and why is it that some people pay more money for less calorically dense food? For example, PB2 (powdered peanut butter = low cal alternative) is almost twice as expensive as peanut butter.

    It's first world problems at t's finest, and t's kind of embarrassing.

  2. #92
    Ayla2010's Avatar
    Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,296
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    Protein requires one of the other two macronutrients (fat, or carbs) in order for you not to go into protein starvation. And I don't think HFLC is a bad thing, anyway- I would think it would be helping your diabetes by keeping your insulin spikes down. What about keeping your current macro ratios but cut back some on portions, or add resistance training (to up your metabolism)? Was your thyroid tested?
    Well I thought it would help too.
    Where can I cut back on portions, I am already being told I am not eating enough and going into starvation.
    I do try to lift once a week, but don't always get there, but do walk every day.
    Yes thyroid was tested and was in the normal range, I posted the results in the other thread.

  3. #93
    osgoka01's Avatar
    osgoka01 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    13
    I'm with those that say to get rid of the BP coffee for a while and eat your calories instead.
    Keep eating "real" foods as you feel hungry. Not hungry? Don't eat.
    Throw in a minute or two of jogging into your daily walks to get the heart rate up.
    Do some planks, pushups, situps while at home. 10 of each here and there through the day add up!
    Also, I might opt out of the fruit for a while if you are dealing w/ insulin issues. Stick to good quality meats & vegetables.
    Give yourself 3 weeks as prescribed and don't look at a scale. You WILL lose weight.

  4. #94
    YogaBare's Avatar
    YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    . . .
    Posts
    4,543
    Quote Originally Posted by Ayla2010 View Post
    I have just been diagnosed with diabetes. I went to the Dr due to slow weight loss. Its been way too long ive been obese (put more info in my other thread).

    I NEED to get some weight off. I am truly getting desperate at the moment. For my health, and this high insulin level (which the dr says causes slow, or lack of weight loss). And for my children. I cant be this huge mummy dropping my oldest at school everyday. It is only week 2 of school, but I am sure eventually he would get teased. Its not fair on him for me to be like this.
    I feel surprisingly well and energetic each day, but I am sure it could be much better if I was smaller.
    Ayla, I don't have much to suggest, but I just wanted to say my heart goes out to you. It sounds like you're really stressed out.

    Please don't wory about protecting your son. If getting teased about his mum being overweight is the worst thing he encounters then he's not doing too badly! If you're concerned about him then teach him how to be sharp with his mind so he can answer the little thugs back

    The suggestions that you increase exercise sound good, and i reckon it would need to be high intensity as that way you'd get a strong metabolic response from the body.

    It's going to be okay.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

    In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

    - Ray Peat

  5. #95
    Zach's Avatar
    Zach is offline Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    2,869
    Quote Originally Posted by EagleRiverDee View Post
    Protein requires one of the other two macronutrients (fat, or carbs) in order for you not to go into protein starvation. And I don't think HFLC is a bad thing, anyway- I would think it would be helping your diabetes by keeping your insulin spikes down. What about keeping your current macro ratios but cut back some on portions, or add resistance training (to up your metabolism)? Was your thyroid tested?
    Did you even read this thread? Yea Ayla, cut back those calories and up exercise, that should do it.


    Quote Originally Posted by AngryKiwi47 View Post
    It's quite weird, really. Gave it some thought, and why is it that some people pay more money for less calorically dense food? For example, PB2 (powdered peanut butter = low cal alternative) is almost twice as expensive as peanut butter.

    It's first world problems at t's finest, and t's kind of embarrassing.
    It certainly is and its why we are the nation with the worst health. We have the time to sit around and debate optimal diets while simultaneously spending money on foods that we know are bad.

  6. #96
    Graycat's Avatar
    Graycat is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Atlanta
    Posts
    1,841
    Ayla, I thought you were doing LCHF already. Maybe without IFing, since you have T2. Is that not working for you at the moment?
    Sorry if discussed already. This thread developed too fast for me to keep up with

  7. #97
    Dr. Bork Bork's Avatar
    Dr. Bork Bork is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Orem, UT
    Posts
    4,813
    I've been saying for a long time "Control your insulin, and you'll control your weight"
    Nobody believes me (or at least they say I'm wrong). I still believe it, because it's how I initially lost my weight. I got my insulin problems under control first, and then the weight came off. Focus on healing yourself. Fat helps to inhibit dramatic spikes. Personally I would at least enjoy a moderate fat diet and keep carbs lower. Eat real food and choose the best fats. Get regular exercise (follow Mark's rule of "Move slowly, frequently"). Do whatever you have to in order to help your body be its best version of itself and the rest should work itself out

    Oh and get your thyroid checked out, cuz that little bugger makes EVERYTHING screwy!
    --Trish (Bork)
    TROPICAL TRADITIONS REFERRAL # 7625207
    http://pregnantdiabetic.blogspot.com
    FOOD PORN BLOG! http://theprimaljunkfoodie.blogspot.com

  8. #98
    JoanieL's Avatar
    JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Laissez le bon temps rouler!
    Posts
    6,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgotmylastusername View Post
    I was shocked a few weeks ago when I weighed the splash of coconut cream I put in my coffee. I thought it was about 50 calories worth, turns out it was almost 200.
    Food scale + measuring spoons/cups = never having to say "approximately."
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

    B*tch-lite

  9. #99
    Ayla2010's Avatar
    Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,296
    Quote Originally Posted by osgoka01 View Post
    I'm with those that say to get rid of the BP coffee for a while and eat your calories instead.
    Keep eating "real" foods as you feel hungry. Not hungry? Don't eat.
    Throw in a minute or two of jogging into your daily walks to get the heart rate up.
    Do some planks, pushups, situps while at home. 10 of each here and there through the day add up!
    Also, I might opt out of the fruit for a while if you are dealing w/ insulin issues. Stick to good quality meats & vegetables.
    Give yourself 3 weeks as prescribed and don't look at a scale. You WILL lose weight.
    Thanks for that. Fruit is a very rare thing for me.

    This morning I did have a Coffee with HWC and bacon and eggs, only a small amount, as I wasn't really hungry since I am not used to eating breakfast. But it was something.

  10. #100
    Ayla2010's Avatar
    Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    3,296
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    Ayla, I don't have much to suggest, but I just wanted to say my heart goes out to you. It sounds like you're really stressed out.

    Please don't wory about protecting your son. If getting teased about his mum being overweight is the worst thing he encounters then he's not doing too badly! If you're concerned about him then teach him how to be sharp with his mind so he can answer the little thugs back

    The suggestions that you increase exercise sound good, and i reckon it would need to be high intensity as that way you'd get a strong metabolic response from the body.

    It's going to be okay.
    Thank you.

    Quote Originally Posted by Graycat View Post
    Ayla, I thought you were doing LCHF already. Maybe without IFing, since you have T2. Is that not working for you at the moment?
    Sorry if discussed already. This thread developed too fast for me to keep up with
    Yes I am already doing it. But my question was more should I lower fat a little, not much, so I can eat more protein. While I am having such high fat, I am not feeling any hunger, so only eating one bigger meal, and a BP coffee, and sometimes a smaller meal if I need it. This morning did not have the BP coffee, but had coffee with hwc and eggs, and bacon.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bork Bork View Post
    I've been saying for a long time "Control your insulin, and you'll control your weight"
    Nobody believes me (or at least they say I'm wrong). I still believe it, because it's how I initially lost my weight. I got my insulin problems under control first, and then the weight came off. Focus on healing yourself. Fat helps to inhibit dramatic spikes. Personally I would at least enjoy a moderate fat diet and keep carbs lower. Eat real food and choose the best fats. Get regular exercise (follow Mark's rule of "Move slowly, frequently"). Do whatever you have to in order to help your body be its best version of itself and the rest should work itself out

    Oh and get your thyroid checked out, cuz that little bugger makes EVERYTHING screwy!
    Thryroid was OK, someone else here commented on the ratio and stuff in another thread.
    Do you take meds for yours? Oh you are type 1 is that right?

    Cierra, Dr has prescribed Metformin, but have not decided whether to take it or not, but I think I made need to, so I can bring insulin down so the weight will come off.
    I am also working on eating more as needed, but am not going to force it.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •