Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Long time, no post. (Advice for newbs, libs, and rebels) page

wiltondeportes Guest

Long time, no post. (Advice for newbs, libs, and rebels)

Shop Now
    I used to not believe in, want to be a part of, enjoy, appreciate, understand the innerworkings of, or thank "civilized" life. "Uncivilized" life is anything you might see an animal do, even an advanced animal like a human might do, in the wild. Eat, drink, sleep, move, medicine, sex, shelter, wood/leather/metal craft, violence. "Civilized" life involves science, ethics/government, politics/news, economics, and entertainment.

I had a basic disdain for this stuff from an early age. It's probably due to growing up with a psychopathic father (from who I naturally would have learned things even if I tried not to), social alienation (due to having almost no parents and no siblings and living in the country at that), living a very rocky young life, being taught cultural marxism by our culture, having stronger than normal instincts, etc.

As I've grown up, I've begun to appreciate civilized things much more. If I had this view of the world as many of my friends surely did when I was in high school, I would have been so much more productive and happy at a younger age. I'm 22, so this is not too too late for me. I just wanted to share this in case there is someone on here that I can help. I know this website is ripe with people with huge disdain for civilization.

And if you're skeptical but curious, I'll debate you.

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Tribal people have science, ethics, government, politics, news, economics, and entertainment, but are not civilization.

Civilization is simply a more complex social structure that evolved as a result of us living in larger groups. It is not superior to hunter-gatherer, only more complex.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Knifegill is offline Senior Member
    Civilization exists because women want security. If it was up to us guys only, we'd never fall for this fake life.

Turquoisepassion:
    Knifegill is christened to be high carb now!
    notontherug:
    the buttstuff...never interested.
    He gives me Lamprey Kisses in the midnight sea
    Flubby tubby gums latching onto me
    For all that I've done wrong, I mastodon something right...

My pony picture thread http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread82786.html

IvyBlue is offline Senior Member
    If the 20th century taught us anything it's that "civilization" is a very thin veneer easily peeled back. I consider myself lucky to be living out my life in a quiet corner of history with hot and cold running water and some leisure time. My ancestors gave a lot that I might be here.
    Wheat is the new tobacco. Spread the word.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Civilization exists because women want security. If it was up to us guys only, we'd never fall for this fake life.
    Then leave. If it's up to you (and it is), and you want to leave, then leave. If you really followed through on these wants, you might see how childish they are. There's no reason to be blaming anyone for any pain in your own life, especially when you have the power to correct it.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 02-15-2013 at 11:22 PM.

wiltondeportes Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by itchy166 View Post
    Tribal people have science, ethics, government, politics, news, economics, and entertainment, but are not civilization.

Civilization is simply a more complex social structure that evolved as a result of us living in larger groups. It is not superior to hunter-gatherer, only more complex.
    That's like comparing a flea to a dog. Yes, they're both living things, but one does a whole lot more.
    Last edited by wiltondeportes; 02-15-2013 at 11:25 PM.

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wiltondeportes View Post
    That's like comparing a flea to a dog. Yes, they're both living things, but one does a whole lot more.
    That's exactly what I said "more complex" is the same as "does more".

I was responding to the OP who thinks those things ARE civilization - which they aren't.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Knifegill View Post
    Woman here- I think this is off key But, I suppose that's a completely different debate
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    I wouldn't ever want to give up most of the trappings of civilization. Sadly, civilization hasn't necessarily made us civil to one another. In real life, I find that the simplest please-and-thank you hardly exists anymore.

I'd much rather go to a movie, ballet, art gallery, or read a good book than spend 80% of my life scratching out an existence from foraging and hunting. Imo, if civilization weren't meant to be, it wouldn't be.

Not a lib nor newb, just a rebel without a clue.
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Who says back fat is a bad thing? Maybe on a hairy guy at the beach, but not on a crab.

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Woman here- I think this is off key But, I suppose that's a completely different debate
    LOL me too.
    I thought civilization existed because men wanted a more efficient 'resource' control system. (Resource = women & food.)
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast