Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat girl on a farm. page 9

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah, he looks legit in the the video, but just in the picture right before the video he has a robot look to him, lol. Definitely not going to run out and buy his book... ever...
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Alright... soooo Saturday Sucked. Awful, stressful day at home turned into an awful stressful night at work. I was distracted, crabby, tired and really irritated. Without even thinking about it, I ate a doughnut. Yup, that's right. Didn't even realize what I had done until it was gone. Of course, I paid dearly for this mistake. I became very ill. I'm glad I got sick though, or else it would be easier to do that again. This is a lesson in stress management. Don't let yourself get so overwhelmed that you go on autopilot and revert back to old bad habits. Bad bad. I haven't stepped on the scale since then. Sunday, I was BUH-LOW-TED. I mean, so bloated, my face was noticeably PUFFY! So noticeable, my mom commented. The slight double chin I had before starting primal came back for a day. It's like I got a glimpse into my past. Ew. Wanna know one good thing though? I had a serious thought of running through McDonalds after work. I mean, because, ya know, I had already messed up, right? Well, I then gave myself a lecture about how it's just as easy to stop the mistake right in it's tracks and move on to the next day.

So, that's what I've been doing.

A word on beans. I'll never eat them again. Never. We had chili Yesterday. I almost asked mom to make a separate pot for me, since she loved to load it with beans, but I figured I could just pick them out. Well, the first bowl I did. Then a few hours later I was FREAKING STARVING DOG RAVENOUS- Where did that come from? I never feel like that these days. Anyway, I got another bowl, picked out about half the beans, got sick of it, and just ate the damn chili- beans and all. I mean, there MIGHT have been 15-20 beans in that bowl. I only scooped out about a cup and a half of chili for this bowl. After I was done eating, I felt like someone had pumped air into me. I love beans, but this was a lesson in never eating them again. They didn't make me feel good. At all.

So, I'll probably wait, like, ya know three weeks to get on the scale again. My next goal was 280 pounds at which point in time I will buy myself some new jeans. I will sorely need them at that point. The ones i'm wearing now are annoyingly loose at the waist and hips, but still fitting at the thighs, though markedly looser.

This weekend I have been on a furious goat watch. My Ruby goat is due to birth ANY FREAKING TIME NOW. I'm checking her every couple hours and at least once in the night. She keeps holding them. She has all the signs of birth, but no freaking birth. I'm just excited to see them.

Sunday I spent 6 whole hours starting garden seeds. It was A LOT of fun and destressing for me. It was... wonderful. I want to get a picture up of the rack. I have about 12 dozen seed pots under lights. This includes: Cabbage, broccoli, brussel sprouts, swiss chard, tomatoes (cherry, slicing and paste) Cayenne peppers, chili peppers, habanero peppers and bell peppers, cauliflower and kale. In three weeks, I will be starting cucumbers, butternut squash, zucchini, water melon, cantaloupe and lettuces. All beans, corn, carrots and peas get directly seeded into the garden. Lettuce has to be sown in succession for the head varieties, or else I'll have thirty heads of lettuce to be harvested and eat NOW, if you know what I mean.

I hadn't intended on starting this much. BUT, Som has me in connection with a private gas station owner who wants to buy anything and everything I can sell to her. This will be my first real contracted buyer. Very exciting!

Peace and love!

I hope to have baby goat pictures soon.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Wow that is exciting about the gas station owner. Awesome!
    Hope today brings some cute baby goats for you

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    How is Ruby? Any kids yet??
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Thanks for checking in! It has been a LONG four days of no sleep, or "sleeping" in the barn at night. Ruby went four days overdue, but had her kids 3 hours ago JUST as I got home from work. Two little healthy boys. I am relieved. brothers.jpgblack4.jpgblack3.jpgblack2.jpgred4.jpg

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    OMG. Sooooo cute!

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Cuties!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

bloodorchid is offline Senior Member
    now i'm even more impatient to get my future digs set up for animals and gardens sweet little guys
    beautiful
    yeah you are

I mean there's so many ants in my eyes! And there are so many TVs, microwaves, radios... I think, I can't, I'm not 100% sure what we have here in stock.. I don't know because I can't see anything! Our prices, I hope, aren't too low!

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Some thoughts on what I've read and thoroughly enjoyed so far:

-I don't believe you'll have trouble with loose skin.

-YouTube and the MDA community can be your resource for getting to a level of fitness you desire so save your money. You can use it to have your own equipment AT HOME whether it's sandbags, dumbbells, kettlebells, pull-up bar, etc. Sandbags are really versatile and can be used to make pull-ups, push-ups, and bodyweight squats more challenging.

-I've had butternut squash and wasn't impressed with it. Spaghetti squash on the other hand is definitely a winner

-Paleo Recipe Resources: http://chowstalker.com/ and http://dessertstalker.com/ (desserts or treats still need to be monitored for sugary fruits and liberal use of honey)

That's really all I've got for now I think you're doing great. You're learning the same lessons a lot of have already learned and sometimes continue to learn
    Last edited by WaylandC; 03-09-2013 at 06:19 PM.

Thanks for the input, Wayland.

Alright, Ya'll, I know it's been forever since I've updated. I'm not sure where my weight is at the moment as I haven't weighed for a little while. However, I did take my measurements this morning. Today is 1.5 months exactly, so I figured it was a good day. So, I lost 1.5 inches on my hips, 2 inches on my waist and 2.5 inches on my bust. Woo hoo!

I have to go to a wedding this weekend, and I am quite nervous. Ya'll know how it can be tough to find good food choices when going out of town. The last thing I want to do is interrupt my progress. So, my goal is to make the best choices that I can and forget about what I cannot control. Wishing you all a lovely weekend.

Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast