Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat girl on a farm. page 8

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    A lot of the treats are too sweet for me, which is funny. I've been off sugar for many years though, I generally am a fan of just a small amount of dark chocolate or a few bites of a muffin. I do make them for my family though. I made primal almond flour chocolate cupcakes with whipped dark chocolate ganache frosting for DH's birthday this weekend, we had a cookout and our very CW (junk foodie) neighbors loved them, even the kids. Score! They were good, but I could only eat half of one because they were so sweet.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Alright folks. Today marks the end of my first month primal. Woo hoo! This is the first time in my life that I have made a diet change and gone through the first month without and "break down and binge" days. I was talking to my sister yesterday about how fantastic this really is! I was also telling her, how over the last three days I have been in the most incredible mood. I can't even explain what I am feeling. This is a big deal folks. I am naturally what I consider a crabby person. Irritable is another good word. But, for whatever reason the last three days, it's like the monkey has been taken off my back, and I am just.... well... really happy!

We have been getting snow non stop here since tuesday. There is over a foot on the ground now. Gr! It does make me giggle, as I am right in the middle of starting all my seeds. This puts me into good spirits. I cannot tell ya'll how good the seed starting mix smelled when I cut it open. My exact words were "Mmmmm dirt! I missed you!."

I am still counting down the days to when Ruby has her kids. It could be any day at the beginning of next week, so I will definitely be nervous!

Ok, Ok. I'll give you my end of the month results. Now, I have no measurements for you, as my wicked little dog found and ate my measuring tape. So, all you (and I) get is weight. Now, the first week I did NOT weigh myself, because I tried telling myself I didn't care. So, I don't really know. But, I did weigh myself out of curiosity beginning of January, and I was 313. So, I am going from 310 as a nice even starting weight. This morning when I weighed... I was 292. So, from February 1st to February 28th, I have lost 18 pounds. I am pretty freakin' happy with this. My first major goal weight is 280, so now, that's only 12 pounds away! However, I'll throw a party when I get down to 250 which was my last known high school weight. Also, I have this thing with numbers, and even though it's not the half way point, it still feels like it is.

You may notice I am not talking in "if's" As in "if I get down to 250." I don't believe in "if" anymore. Now, it's all about "when." Because, it will happen. Right now, because I have so much to lose, it's easy. I know it will begin to get harder as time goes on. However, when it's starting to get harder, I will naturally be working harder in my day to day activities. I would love to think I could lose 10 pounds a month until goal weight, but I am realistic in knowing that I might lose those ten pounds the first couple months, but as it goes down, it becomes harder to take off, as we all know. But, I'm prepared for that.

I have actually promised myself, that when I make it down to 200 pounds, I will find enough money to hire a personal train to teach me how to REALLY lift. I'm like a little girl at the gym. I have no idea what I'm doing, so I get embarrassed, fake a phone call, and leave. HA! I know, right? So, that's my big reward. I'm going to buy myself a personal trainer so I can finally learn how to lift. Not going to lie. I've always been jealous of seeing men and women in the gym squatting, dead lifting or whatever they are doing- huge weights bigger than me. I wanna do that, of course, while maintaining my womanly figure. Vanity-wise, I don't particularly care for having man hands and giant veins pulsing out of my arms. That freaks me out- even on men. Just a confession.

OK! I'm done! I would love to hear about how everyone else's February went.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    I feel exactly the same about the gym. I don't know how to lift, would like to learn, but feel so self conscious about trying anything. A personal trainer is beyond my budget (also because I'd have to pay for the gym membership), but I'd like to have someone teach me proper form someday and tips on safely increasing weights.

Starting off as a fairly thin and weak person, I have found that the increased energy from getting my system in line with proper nutrition (and some help from supplements for my various issues) has been enough to increase my lean muscle mass just from regular activity. I don't go out of my way to be "active" very often. I'll go through a couple of weeks of regular bodyweight exercises, or kettlebell swings, and then I stop again for a while. I find it much easier, each time, to get back to the repetitions I was at before. I think you will find it much easier as you go on, both from fat loss and strengthening your lean body mass .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Incindiary is offline Member
    First of all, yay for your weight loss! And your good mood. Good moods can be so elusive sometimes. They are a reason to celebrate in and of themselves.

I've never lifted, but I am going to my first Cross Fit Ramp Up session tomorrow. I'm expecting good things.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Wow! 18 lbs and in a short month, too! What great results!

Why wait for the personal trainer? You could start lifting now. A good trainer will work with your strengths, even at your current weight and modify the program to keep you safe. Remember that you have the muscles to carry 310 lbs around and do farm labour - you are already stronger than most. Certainly stronger than me!

Nala is offline Junior Member
    Sounds like you are doing really well- congratulations! R.E. the gym, I started doing crossfit (only 1-2 times per week though) with a strength bias about 1.5 years ago, and for the first time, have been learning things like deadlift, squat, clean-and-jerk, etc. I was quite intimidated initially, but I find now that most of them, I really really like! For me, it is MUCH less boring to do a short and effective session of free weights than it used to be to do the longer sessions required to hit various muscle groups with the machines- and the movements are sufficiently complex that I find I can always strive to improve my form, as well as the amount of weight- but I did break a bone in my foot, dropping a weight on it, last year- so my experience agrees with the idea that free weights are more risky than the machines. Well, I learned that lesson!
    I wish you continuing success!

On the gym. I would go now if I could afford the extra $50 per month. I have no idea how much a personal trainer costs. I am trying to talk my way into full time at my job. My boss wants it to happen, but it has to go through the store manager, and he's weird. I'm not sure how he can turn me down, considering I offered to 4am-12pm tuesday through saturday. This is a sacrafice for me, but I put it on the table because it will allow me to have an exact and consistent milking schedule. Plus, I'll still have my two days off with Som. So, I'm offering to take the crappy hours to save my days with Som and to take the best care of my animals. It will take some getting used to, but I have confidence in myself.

Sooooo, last night I went down a youtube rabbit hole. I found a couple videos of women who has lost a LOT of weight. Both videos were about loose skin afterward. I got myself all riled up about it. I mean, I would feel pretty crappy about losing all this weight, only to deal with a lifetime of loose, sagging skin. I suppose I would deserve it, considering what I have let myself be my entire life. My poor skin has never covered a normal body. Always an over weight body. It probably wouldn't know WHAT to shrink down to. I'm not going to freak out about it for now, but it is something I hadn't even thought about until last night. If I thought I could afford surgery, I wouldn't give two poops. But, I can't, so, I do.

Check out Jon Gabriel. He lost hundreds of lbs without any loose skin. His approach is mostly mindset stuff, with some general nutritional recommendations. And he's a guy. But he's not as young as you are.

Anyways, worth a look.

The Gabriel Method – Weight Loss Without Dieting

Yeah, I've seen that guy! He looks great, although in that one topless picture he looks kinda like a cyborg! Lol! Not trying to be mean, it's just something about his facial expression and whatever make up they have on him.

He's got lots of Youtube videos. Looks like a real guy there. Know what you mean about too good to be true, though - LOL.

Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast