Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat girl on a farm. page 3

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Love your journal and your farming experience. I am not farm raised like you, but I have acquired a little flock of 6 laying hens in the past year and am LOVING my first foray into the farming experience. What a wonderful chance you have to reconnect with the land and raise your own food! The sooner you can figure out how to make it into a paying lifestyle/career, the sooner you can leave the bakery behind.

Thanks for all the pics. It is so nice to meet folks online. And I love your critters - you are truly a beautiful and lucky girl!

catdance62 is offline Senior Member
    I liked your goat pics--are they Saanens? I raise dairy goats; LaMancha/Nubian hybrids, but I am fixin to get out of the goat business and stick with just sheep. They are easier and you can run them like cattle, pretty much.
    Anyways, I am enjoying your story! keep it up!

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    You betcha, catdance. I just love my goats. They are a bright spot in my life. They making dealing with the cow bareable. I am bringing in two nigerians in may. I am opposite from you. When I was little we raised sheep. It was miserable. If I ever see a sheep on my farm again it'll be a day too soon, save for a feeder to butcher at the end of the summer.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Weigh in

Well, I told ya'll I wasn't going to weigh until Wednesday, but, I lied. What are ya gunna do? Cry about it? I was pretty certain my weight was going to be up. Actually I just tell myself that so I won't be disappointed when it is. But, it wasn't I have lost an official 10 pounds since 2/7/13. I started this on 2/1/13, but as I said I didn't weigh myself. I'm still not 100% that it's not all water weigh. This is coming off way too easily to be fat. Even so, I guess the forbidden apple I had last night didn't screw me up. Woo hoo! Let me tell ya'll, it was some kind of apple. A big, juicy, plump braeburn apple. YUM.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    Whether water or fat, it all takes up space in your jeans, so it all counts! Nothing wrong with a big juicy apple. Especially one that was enjoyed as much as you have described. Sounds like whatever you are doing is working so enjoy yourself this weekend!

honeybuns is offline Senior Member
    Gladmorning, I am a farm girl as well and I do know what a workout that way of life is! It takes a special kind of person to live that life, one who takes pride in a job well done and gets satisfaction from being able to do the hard work and love it. I miss being on a farm. I loved getting the winter hay and firewood in, picking up manure and turning the compost, filling the larder..........can I live vicariously through you?!
    Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt.

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mud Flinger View Post
    Don't stress about not being hungry. Just eat good real foods when hungry and you will not fail. You may be used to sugar cravings based hunger and now are adjusting to better, more nutritious food. Your body may start just dumping excess weight as a result. If you feel well and can do all that your farm requires then go with it!
    Yes this

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    Great loss!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    I eat an organic apple about every other day with walnut or macadamia nut butter smeared on each slice.. So good.

Warmbear is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Heya. Welcome home M' Lady. I like your pics, I hope to keep goats someday if I can get away from the city and get some land. You are a pretty lady btw your BF is a lucky lucky bastard.

First off I always ask if you have read the book? I find a lot of people start off with what they learn from the forums and dont really understand the basis of our lifestyle.

Secondly have you read the book "It starts with food" it is a great explanation of how our hormones work.

I suspect your lack of appetite is hormonal in nature. The when to eat, when I am full, when I am satisfied hormones can be so screwed up that your brain just does not know which way is up. I believe this is my biggest issue so fixing it is my hobby right now.

You won't loose weight in a healthy way starving your body, this is well known so even if you are not hungry you need to eat a healthy amount of food at regular intervals so that your body can get used to regular feedings and know when to expect them.

Dont forget this lifestyle is about healthy eating not weight loss. First get your hormones firing in the right sequence at the right time, make sure your body becomes used to enough healthy food so that it can stop being stressed about food, get your headology in the right place and then you can worry about loosing weight but by then I suspect it will have happened naturally.

Stop weighing yourself, start taking monthly photos of yourself in the same pose and light and outfit and take measurements at the same time. As you live the life, practice the headology and eat the good stuff you can watch the pics change. I have not lost weight since Nov 2012 but I am down 2 pant sizes and my arms and chest are some'at bigger.

good luck and again welcome.
    Primal since April 2012 Male 6' 3" SW 345lbs CW 240lbs GW 220lbs and when I get there I am getting a utlikilt. This one http://www.utilikilts.com/company/pr...ilts/workmans/ actually.

Join me at www.paleoplanet.net, where all the cavemen hang out.

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast