Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

Thread: Fat girl on a farm. page 17

CarbDodger is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    you need to eat the rabbits obviously! joking aside your blog is brilliant and you are just so lovely

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    I've also used blood meal to deter rabbits. Dogs work great as well. Good luck with fencing. Rabbits are smart and can find a way in. Maybe an electric fence? It sure works well for keeping the critters away from my chickens!

narrowminded is offline Senior Member
    Hi Hannah,

I've love reading your journal, I'm a few months behind you and just coming up on my 1 month Primal journey. I really need to start one for myself. I can't wait to hear your continued updates. You are doing awesome and I love hearing about your farm as well. Keep up the great work!

Sue

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Any updates?

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Sorry folks!

I have bee way far away from the computer these days. Weight update- down 12 lbs since my last check in for a total loss of 68 lbs. woo hoo!
    I have purposely slowed down my weight loss. I just felt like things were changing too quickly.

Things are changing so quickly here on Gladmorning. We have more goats and chickens and LOVE. Sister and I are milking three goats and Mosey cow. We have milk cheese and yogurt customers and more coming in every day. This farm is just such a blessing. We have plans to grow this part of the business into a cheesemaking operation. We are working our way toward that goal every day. We have had MANY failed cheese experiments, but a few successes as well. My customers are lovely meditating hippies that just love everything and everyone and make my life better.

Hope everyone is doing well.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Hi, Hannah! I was just thinking about you yesterday, wondering how you and your lovely farm were doing. So wonderful to hear about your successes. Wish I was closer for the cheese!

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    I am so glad that I have found a farmer who will sell me fresh milk, it's the best. So you are providing a wonderful service for your customers and I wish you success with your cheesemaking. I would love to learn but fear wasting too much precious milk. Anyway, good luck.

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    The one VERY amazing thing about all this is the never ending supply of milk... until mid october when I have to dry her up in preparation to have her calf. But UNTIL THEN! Cheesemaking at out house always! Another good thing is, I have two very obliging dogs and a slew of chickens that gladly consume my failed cheese and whey.

I have settled into this bootleg way of life quite nicely. We do have plans to grow the business and get licensed someday, so if ya'll ever see "gladmorning" cheese brand, you'll know it me! That is a huge fluffy dream, though.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Glad to hear things are going so well on all fronts
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    How are things?

Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast