Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat girl on a farm. page 15

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Hey! That's a cool article. Well, I had more potatoes today. I've decided that even though they may slow weight loss a bit, I am still going to have them a couple times per week. I had them along with bacon and eggs. Yum yum my favorite foods! I'm not too worried about slowing weight loss down. I mean, for crying out loud, I've lost 40 lbs in 2.5 months. By all CW terms thats way too fast. I feel like if I keep going at this rate I'll wind up with major loose skin problems. Don't want that. So, I will eat potatoes and slow it down a bit. Granted I'd LIKE it to all come off at the rate of 15-18 lbs per month with no loose skin side effects, but I don't see that happening.

We'll see if the potatoes today make me bounce up again.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Alright. I am happy to report that the hash browns only made the scale reflect .2 lbs on the scale. Who knows if they were even it cause, or just the Up day in general. Just feeling really awesome about all of this today. I have fallen into such an awesome groove with the ADF, it just makes me want to smile. I encourage EVERYONE to try it out. Besides aiding in fat loss, I do honestly believe there are some awesome health benefits to it as the science suggests. Who doesn't love that?

Short day at work today, then I need to get the rest of my seedlings potted up. The squash and melons are huge and they need to be transplanted asap. I am nursing my tomato sprouts along. We got some really chilly weather over the last couple days, and they are getting a little droopy. The broccoli, Br. Sprouts, cabbage and kale, however, are doing awesome. This tedium of keeping sprouts alive is wearing on me. I'm constantly nervous that something is going to happen to cause them all to shrivel up and die, making all my work for not. Quit being so negative, I tell myself! It's all going to be ok, and the garden is going to be BIG and AWESOME this year!

On a side note, primal has NOT made me less sun sensitive. I was out an hour last weekend and I got burnt. I put on my sun hat, but it was too late. Spent the next three days being miserable because my face skin was such a wreck. I actually get a form of contact dermatitis when I get burnt. They say it's something called "photosynthesis sensitivity." I believe it. I hate wearing my sun hat on windy days. Never stays on and interrupts my groove.... BUT it's the only thing that keeps my skin safe.

I need to find some linen material so I can make some long sleeve shirts. The only thing as bad as having painful, itchy blistery bumps on my face is having them on my neck and arms. Gerargh.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I finally read your diary. I just wanted to say that my boyfriend is Asian and he's shorter than me, too.

Oh man! Thats so awesome! Chinese, japanese, korean? Does he cook amazing food for you?

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    He is half-Korean. His mother didn't teach him how to cook. His specialty is bacon and eggs. He also uses my rice cooker to cook rice, which he eats with sardines, kimchi, and seasoned seaweed snack shreds.

Omg so he's like Glenn from the walking dead!! Hahhaaha Thanks for sharing this with me. Makes me happy to know other women are ok with having shorter boyfriends. I cant get enough of his egg rolls. Om nom nomnom

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    A few years ago I bought online several sun-bonnets of the type the pioneers used to wear for a costume party. Now I'm weating them for gardening. They completely shade your face and the back of the neck. (They may look a little odd but are wonderfully functional.)

Alright folks, it's been forever since I have written in this dear ol' diary. Funny, every diary I have ever started always gets ditched sooner or later, HA!

I just wanted to update. After 17 weeks of primal I am down 50 freakin' pounds. I cannot believe in just another 45 lbs I'll be at my major long term goal. I'm sure it will take me longer than 17 weeks to shed those 45, though. I took pictures and I was very happy with what I saw. I cannot stress enough how much that helped my mental attitude. I was really fussing last night because I couldn't see a difference in the mirror. I was like, "50 pounds off and I look like I've lost... nothing... " No, the pictures do not lie. I feel like the next 45 will be a more dramatic change, however. I feel like now that I've gotten all that horrible fat off me that I've put on in the last three years, things will really start changing. I'm feeling pretty damn good right about now!

Things are really ramping up at Gladmorning. I am slowly but surely putting in the garden. The weather is being a little uncooperative, but I am managing to hack away at it. I bought a new cow. I am bringing her home this sunday. So, I will soon be swimming in fresh Jersey milk by the gallons. I have always wanted a Jersey, and I think I found the perfect one for our little farm. I have plans to fence in our front yard and turn some animals out. I am getting pretty sick of spending $4 a gallon to mow the damn yard! It's pointless to have all that grass out there just to cut it off twice per week. So, mostly the goats will be out there and occasionally the cow to get in some pasture rotation.

I will tell you a secret though. Last year I planted some rhubarb with the strict intention of making rhubarb pie this year. It's growing like crazy in this weather, and I am going to follow through with that intention.

Cryptocode.... I'm going to get some bonnets. I've been burnt 4 times already this year.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Great to hear from you, Hannah. I've been missing updates on your wonderful little farm. And the weight loss! Wow!

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Excellent update! Congratulations on the (weight) loss and can't wait to hear more about the farm and everything
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast