Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat girl on a farm. page 14

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Lucky you with Raw Milk. Today is my day to use the Weston A. Price Foundation's help to find some near me. If not, maybe I can find some goat milk. I hope. Our new next-door neighbor has chickens that run free. Maybe she sells eggs. But I'd still rather someone else did the work (LOL).

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    So God made a Farmer

My chickens run free unless there is snow. I think we're all done (please?) with snow this year so they'll free range 7 days a week. It will be especially easy when I can get the yard fenced in so I don't have to worry about my dog killing them. Damn terriers.

Still no calf today. GOSH DARNIT!

Today is Up day. Oh goody! I had to work at 6am today. I got up at 4 so I could make breakfast. Made about an oz of sausage, one egg and about 50grams of potato. Ate about half of it. I never eat in the morning. Hardly ever before noon. That little bit of food hit my stomach like a rock. Eek. Had a handful of pecans at work. Came home and made home fries (158g potato) 2 slices of bacon 1.5 oz of sausage and I ate it ALL. I never eat big meals like that, but boy was it good. I didn't really even feel hungry when I was making, but I just wanted to eat, and that was what my body wanted. Oh yum oh Yum.

It is so wonderful out today. Yay spring!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Well, I have injured myself twice in the last two days. Yesterday, I hyper extended my left wrist while unloading utility poles from the truck. OUCH! Felt like someone was grinding a searing iron into my wrist. Wore a brace all day today. Then, while I was setting up the temp table for all my sprouts, I dropped a whole sheet of 1/2 in plywood on my toes. I think I either fractured or broke my right big toe. It hurts so much. Walking is awful. GAH! I guess this is what happens when I get out and begin working again after the winter.

Today was my down day on ADF. It sucked, too. Honestly, this is the first one that was bad. Very, very hungry today. Hopefully it will pay off on the scales tomorrow.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Man, Hannah, sorry to hear that.

And hurting ones self is never done in a fun and
    exciting way, say... "Yeah, I tweaked my wrist - I'm a rodeo clown" or
    "I broke my toe when I roundhouse kicked some dude at a bar to get him
    away from my friend. I'm a great cock-blocker."

It's either something lame, like, reaching for the soap in the shower, or just
    plain ol' utilitarian like daily tasks.

Doesn't make it hurt any less though.

Hope you're 100% lickety split. Being hurt is ZERO fun....especially in time for
    the weekend! Grrrr!

Julie

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    I don't know if you've broken toes before, but you should see a doctor. Need to make sure it heals straight so you aren't plagued with pain for the rest of your life! My vast knowledge on the subject comes from my fiancÚ, who has broken all of his fingers and toes at one point or another in his life.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

All his fingers and toes? I thought *I* was accident prone. Ok, So I don't think it's broken. The pain is subsiding sitting still, but still hurts to walk, and if I accidentally flex it bring me to tears. Hopefully just a fracture or a deep bruise. Still pisses me off! ROAR!

So, I've been craving breakfast food like crazy these days. Today was up day. I had 2 eggs and an ounce of sausage this morning. Just now I had two eggs, 280 grams of potato (yeah, yeah, whatever) 88 grams of sausage and two bacon slices.

It amazes me how when I'm only really eating once per day (not by choice, just how it's working out when I work) How much I can eat in one sitting. I used to be a "several small meals" type of person. Eat 5 bites and *BAM* full. I am happier, and more satisfied basically eating one big meal near the end of my up days. I'll have a little snack or a mini breakfast in the morning, plus milk and coffee. Worked out to be about 1500 calories for the day today. About 200 yesterday. Essentially, 900 calories per day over two days. That's a serious deficit, and here I feel like I just PIGGED. It's good tomorrow is down day. Going to be very busy.

Taking some animals to a sale, then coming home and building a fence around my garden. I will NOT lose plants to those little rabbit bastards.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    Goophers are out in force this year, burrowing everywhere and eating everything. They've killed 3 young trees we planted. So we've hired a premier gopher-killer and he's making progress.

I feel your pain. We have moles running rampant this year. Gr!

Well, after my potato fest for two up days, I bounced between 278-280 for a couple days. this morning, there was a whoosh. Yesterday I was 277.8. This morning the scale said (about 8 times because I didnt believe it) 274.4. Over night.

Here's my theory on whooshes. This has happened to me several times now, and it usually occurs a week or so after a bad day or a carb fest (like the potatoes recently) My theory is, I am losing fat the whole time, but I have added water weight. After a sting of very good days, the water weight lets go overnight revealing the fat Ive lost during the time in between. Does that make any sense to anyone else, or am I talking out of my ass?

Annieh is offline Senior Member
    Congrats on the whoosh, whether your theory is correct or no.

marthat is offline Senior Member
    You're pretty much bang on.

Of Whooshes and Squishy Fat | BodyRecomposition - The Home of Lyle McDonald

Great work!

Wish I was garden building - we're in the middle of a serious ice storm! No school buses, high winds, power outages - where the hell is spring!!!

Page 14 of 18 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast