InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    WOW, HANNAH!

That is so cool!

I bet you're super excited.

How's the new orphan baby goat doing?

I love goats. I go to the fair every year JUST to see the goats... and
    sometimes when their owners aren't looking..... if the goat lets me, I
    hold its little muzzle and kiss it a thousand times on the mouth.

Goat lips are so damn squishy and DRY.

So freaking cute, it almost makes me drool.

Kiss those goats for me,

Julie

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Julie!

Kissing goats is apart of my daily agenda. Especially these babies! Everyone here is doing just fantastic. Strong, eating well, and happy. Mamma goat is providing enough milk for her baby, the bottle lamb and my niece. Yes, we feed my niece the goat milk, and she is doing better on it than formula. She always had colic or some kind of gastrointestinal issues on formula. They have disappeared completely on the goat milk. A miracle.

This recent whoosh down to 281 seems to be for reals. I was down another.2 pounds to 281.2 My goal for the month was 280. When I was stuck at 285-286 I wasn't sure I was going to reach it, but here I am 1 measly pound away.

This will be a huge success!
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

Folks, I don't know what's going on with me this week, but it has been the most fantastic weight loss week of my life.

There are only two things that are different. IFing and lack of veggies. Now, listen to me, and believe me when I say, I love vegetables. I cannot give them up, and I won't. But, this week I have had a complete lack of hunger for them. So, I've been listening to that. I've done egg bread and bacon sandwiches. Chili with meat only. Chicken wings... bacon.... hunks of cheese, coconut flakes, primal pizza (which has quite a few carbs in it) things like that (OH! the pizza DID have spinach on it).

This morning, I reached a place in which I haven't been in at LEAST three years. Below 280 lbs. I weighed in this morning at 279.5. A pound and a half down from yesterday. I cannot believe, two months into this I'm losing weight this quickly. Seems a bit abnormal to me, but, I'm ok with it.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Congrats on the loss (haha what an odd thing to say)! Paleobird has some information on the Nutrition subforum about going carnivore. She only eats veggies as she desires, which is not very much.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Thanks, girl!

I have seen that thread floating around here, but I haven't looked into it. I went into this to really get into sync with what my body is asking for. So, I've been pretty much going with it. I was feeling a little guilty not eating greens every day, but I think I'm ok with it now. Today I have the hankerin' for a big ol' plate of broccoli and BUTTER! I'm also going to attempt roasting a chicken tonight. I've never roasted a whole chicken with much success. Any ideas, folks?

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    How heavy is the chicken? I usually have 4-5lb chickens. I rinse, pat-dry thoroughly, rub it in salt alllllll over. 350F for about an hour and 15 minutes, to 90 minutes, I think. I have had trouble getting it totally cooked lately >< but I'm pretty sure that timing is right. Just have to cut into a thigh or leg to see if it's done inside.

I love chicken with just salt. If you add enough, the skin gets SUPER crispy and salty and mmmmm so good. But I like salt .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Hey thanks!

This is one of my own chickens and he's weighing just under 6lbs. Ive heard 15 min for every pound at 350 degrees. I have him air drying in the fridge right now. Hopefully it'll turn out well. Im thinking of slathering half of it in bbq sauce. I freaking love bbq.

InSearchOfAbs is offline Senior Member
    Your weight loss is screaming because *I* posted in your journal.

See, it's really that simple: I Have Majikal Powers

Okay, fine, really.

Man, that is so cool. I can feel your exitement!

I know you feel like broccoli today, but if it's any consolation, I haven't
    touched a vegetable since January. *I* haven't had a craving for them
    whatsoever.

I've gone carnivore before, for months, so it's no big whoopdeedoo, and if I
    feel like a bucket of broccoli with butter, I'd eat it, but like you, I'm just going
    with what ye ol' bod has been wanting... and lately, that's fat.

In all my 44 years I've never done higher or even "high" fat (heck, they didn't call
    me the "fat nazi" in the 90's for nothing...), but holy frankenf*cks I feel good!

So you keep on doing what feels good to you too and congratulations on the steady
    trickle DOWNWARD. Yeah!

Also, mad props to giving your niece the goat milk. I did read somewhere that it was
    the closest thing to breastmilk... And, I've also felt that colic was just the wrong name
    for the right ailment: = REFLUX. Both my kids had it. I'm sure the fat in the goat milk
    is keeping that stomach acid busy and baby loves it.

Keep up with those goat kisses too.... Do they ever become annoyed with you when you're
    doing it?

My cat, well, all cats are unpredictable at ANY time, but, I can usually get about 20 kisses
    in a row in, and then she wants to kill me. Goats are probably more lenient... or maybe the
    want to pony up and kick you in the face? Dunno. All I know is that I can't WAIT for the fair.

What are the name of the goats with NO EARS? Well, they have them, but they just look like
    little tiny rosebuds or something. Aliens. Darling little fuzzy mouthed aliens.

All right, I'll clam it now. Just sent my 10yo off to 5th grade science camp and am trying to
    keep busy so I can stop worrying!

Invite me to that there farm and put me to work until Friday. Kthanxbai!

Joooooolie

Oh woman, you crack me up!

If you're causing my awesome whooshes, then keep comin' back now, ya hear?
    The alien goats are called LaManchas. I think they are horribly ugly. Cute when they are babies, but they do, in fact, look like aliens. My goats are lovers. Ruby especially. I could sit in her stall and scratch and kiss and love on her all day. Her baby boy is the same way. I am so happy to be keeping him.

So, we went to the mall today and ate out. I had a delicious chicken salad. I also *GASP* has a Guinness. Ok, folks. I couldn't freaking pass it up. It was Guinness on TAP! That doesn't happen a lot in Iowa. So, I indulged. I was rewarded with a headache for an hour afterward, but man did it taste sooooooo good.

Here is what I don't get. 31 pounds down. 2 inches off hips, waist and three off my bust. Not down a single pants size. Why? I mean, everything is fitting WAY loose, but I'm not down a pants size. Why? So weird. When I weighed this much three years ago I was in a smaller size. It's actually really bugging me. I mean, I shouldn't care. BUT I do.

So, moral of this story is.... Julie... I need your majikal powers to work on my pant size. Can you get on that please?

Oh, you're welcome here any time. We love visitors. But, be warned- I'll put you to work. In the garden, in the barn... somewhere.

Peace and Love to ya'll!
    Last edited by Gladmorning; 03-26-2013 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gladmorning View Post
    Mamma goat is providing enough milk for her baby, the bottle lamb and my niece. Yes, we feed my niece the goat milk, and she is doing better on it than formula. She always had colic or some kind of gastrointestinal issues on formula. They have disappeared completely on the goat milk. A miracle.
    Hi,
    We have an old family friend from Arkansas who survived infancy thanks to goats milk. His mom couldn't make milk, and cow's milk made him sick. He continues to drink goats milk to this day. He turned 103 (that's right) on March 5th.
    Congratulations on the big loss!
    "Just give me all the bacon and eggs you have. Wait, wait. I'm worried what you just heard was, 'Give me a lot of bacon and eggs.' What I said was, 'Give me all the bacon and eggs you have'. Do you understand?" - Ron Swanson

Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast