Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Fat girl on a farm. page 10

Gladmorning is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    Today, for the first time ever, I can say that I did NOT gain any freaking water weight for the first day of my period.

I can also tell you some other awesome things...

I went to the wedding I told ya'll about. I ate potatoes, cake, pizza and bbq sauce. I didn't gain an ounce. In fact, I woke up this morning .4 ounces lighter. This is amazing. Never before have I ever been able to go off plan and not gain at least 3 pounds of water weight. At the wedding, I also drank red wine and had a jack and coke. I didn't fee guilty about any of this, but I was pretty sure I would gain weight. Nope. This blows my FREAKING EVER LOVING MIND.

Also, I've been messing around with IF. It's a new challenge that keeps things interesting for me. Mostly I've been doing 17/7 16/8. I did finish one 24 hour fast, and it wasn't as awful as I thought it would be. It feels amazing to be in control of my hunger, and my body for once in my life. I had been stuck at the same weight for an entire week, and after three days of IF I was able to move down three pounds. I am going to attempt to stay off the scale until Saturday, and do another week of IF. Of course, my cycle can and will throw things off a bit, but I think it will be a fun experiment to see what happens.

I was always scared to try IF because I HATE the feeling of being hungry, but it's really a good thing for me, and it makes me feel empowered again. I suggest everyone try it! My next goal will be a 36 hour fast. Then 48 hours. Just to see if I can.
    The process is simple: Free your mind, and your ass will follow.

WaylandC is offline Senior Member
    Based on my experience, 48 hours can get rough I had a 42-ish hour fast that ended in headaches. The second time was better but I saw no need for me to do it again seeing as how it was just a challenge for myself. 36 is probably the longest I would go again. Just keep doing whatever works for you.

Traveller is offline Senior Member
    I can barely do six right now. When I get fully used to being Primal, I think I'll try it for longer though.

Traveller,

I've been Primal since Feb. 1st, and it's taken me this long to get to this point. Definitely give yourself time. I am 21 hours into a 24 hours fast and my stomach is definitely starting to gurgle, but nothing I can't handle.

Last fast, by the time I got around to eating, I wasn't really all that interested. If I didn't have to go to work, I probably wouldn't have. The food I made didn't even taste good at that moment. Interesting how that goes.

Folks, I have taken in an orphan lamb. She's just over a day old now, and doing really great. Very strong and hungry! She's sleeping on my lap right now, keeping me warm. For the next week, I'll be feeding her every three hours and once (at least) at night. Once she's a week old I can go down to feeding her every 4-6 hours. She will have a permanent place here on Gladmorning.

Mud Flinger is offline Senior Member
    For some strange reasons, I now have " Mary had a little lamb" playing in my head. You wouldn't happen to be a Mary now would you? Actually, it sounds so wonderful. It's chick season here and I have to run from the feed store each time I go as I'm not ready yet. Waiting until after spring vacation so my brother doesn't have chicks to deal with on top of the 3 sled dogs, cat and 19 chickens .

Mudflinger. I am not a Mary. I am a Hannah.

I want to get some new chickens this fall. So many options

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Oh, lucky you! Are you thinking layers or meat birds?

I love my six laying girls. They are so much fun to have around and the eggs are awesome! If this *#&$# snow would ever go away, they could get outside and range around again. They had one day of freedom, then the blasted white stuff came back, with a vengeance!!

Marthat-

I have 18 layers right now (Um, way too many, if you were wondering) I will get some meat birds this fall to butcher out like we did last year.

Alright folks,

Remember when I said I was going to attempt a 48 hour fast? Well, I did. I didn't make it all the way to 48, but I made it to 43. The first day I didn't think about it the first day, because I was so busy. I woke into day two feeling fine, but by 2pm, I knew I needed to eat. Mostly this way about being thoroughly in tune with my body signals. Do I need to eat? Or do I just WANT to eat? I decided to eat because my body really wasn't happy, and I didn't find it necessary to push myself the last 5 hours. This was an awesome experience. Liberating. Empowering. Makes me feel not afraid to be too busy to eat on a day.

Amazing things happened in my body. Thursday I weighed 286. Yesterday I weighed 283. OMG. I broke my fast with primal pizza (crust made of flax meal, milk, eggs, coconut flour and tapioca starch) So, quite a bit of carb. I figured I would wake up this morning bloated and heavier. Well... No. Actually, I woke up at 281.4 Holy crapola. What is going on with me? I think the fasting really helped break through the pause I was having between 285 and 286. I'll be interested to see what happens after a normal day of eating.

OH also, all of this loss is happening DURING my freaking cycle. This is a world of change for me.

namelesswonder is offline Moderator
    Nice work!
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast