Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Harpua's Journal- from fat and lazy to Super Dad page 9

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I don't know, I'm one of those people that really has lost interest in some of the foods that I used to love that now I know are bad for me.

When I see a tray of cookies or other treats that I used to overeat, I just think "Poison." Maybe I've been doing it long enough (a year now) that I've come to believe that it's true. I've fallen off the wagon, once or twice, and put back weight this past winter, but that was mostly alcohol (which has been way harder for me personally to cut back on).

I do try to avoid being in situations where food is the main event, dinner parties and such. It's not possible to avoid every situation like that, but I avoid them when I can. When I go to them I make little games of trying to find the best choice out of all the bad ones.

But the other day I was with my son and he wanted pizza, I had a salad but finished up a couple of small pieces he left, and it really didn't taste as good as I remembered. I was surprised because it used to be my favorite food.

It takes time, and maybe the cravings never fully go away and some people are just wishful thinking. But I have found that my tastes are changing, if slowly.

Best of luck!!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

Harpua is offline Member
    Thanks for the reply Dcarr

I just had pizza on Sunday. It wasn't very good pizza but I still enjoyed the hell out of it. Oddly enough, alcohol consumption has been my easiest vice to curb. I used to drink 5-7 days a week at least a few beers. On the weekends I would drink as much as I could. I'm down to not even drinking every weekend. Friday, I had a glass and a half of red wine. I think I had 1 beer the previous Friday.

I guess I over-exaggerated my issues on my last post. It has definitely gotten easier to not eat the junk. I still love it but I have a better understanding of what it does to me. I think I was just in a whiny kind of mood and maybe feeling a little sorry for myself. "woe is me! I can't eat pasta and chips and lose weight!" I was just being a bitch. I'm over it now.
    Last edited by Harpua; 08-06-2013 at 08:47 AM.
    M/35/5'10"
    SW: 325lbs
    Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

DCarr10760 is offline Senior Member
    Don't sweat it, everybody goes through it, sometimes over and over. The one thing to remember is that you don't have to be perfect, just good. The old 80/20. Mark just wrote a blog post about it.

Words to remember, as I'm meeting a bunch of friends tonight!
    Height: 5' 10"
    Starting Weight: 292
    Starting Primal Weight: 275
    Current weight: 230
    Goal weight: 172
    Body Fat 27.5

heatherp is offline Senior Member
    Oi Harpua... what gives with the no tracking?!??!

Heehee.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789