Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Harpua's Journal- from fat and lazy to Super Dad page 8

heatherp is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY HARPUA!!

Sounds like you've done some awesome thinking and re-calibration of your expectations... it's wicked. The old cliche applies about it being a journey not a destination... and I'm sure your wee girl loves having a more active Dad.

Here's to a successful year ahead for you, and enjoy the HomeBrew conference (in a new way now you are so mature and wise- heehee).

Harpua is offline Member
    Thank you, Heather

I appreciate your feedback. You have an excellent way of looking at things! I enjoyed the conference but only went on Thursday. I saw some friends, had some laughs, and drank some very good beer(too much very good beer)! I just decided to skip Fri. and Sat. It's not only my drinking attitude that's changed, I really just don't enjoy being around huge groups of people anymore. I ended up relaxing by myself on Friday since my wife already had plans with the baby and her mother. Saturday meant a trip to the farmers market (picked up all kinds of goodies!) and some other shopping(boo). We had a nice long hike on Sunday and got to our car about 30 seconds before 2 hours of rain started. I basically ran the last 1/2 mile w/ the baby in my arms! good times!
    M/35/5'10"
    SW: 325lbs
    Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Harpua is offline Member
    Messed up my achilles pretty bad. i guess it happened on my adventure on Sunday. I started to notice it monday around mid morning. By yesterday the pain got really bad, i can't really put any weight on my right foot without pain shooting up the back of my leg. Maybe I'll go get some x-rays done or something??
    M/35/5'10"

heatherp is offline Senior Member
    Ach, that's rubbish news- I've had long term Achilles issues so can def sympathize!

It might be early for x-rays- seeing a physio might make more sense initially, I'm sure they'll refer for for Xray if needed. Get them to check out your biomechanics for a cause rather than just treating the symptoms. (I learned late that fallen arches and tight post-tib muscle was the cause of the chronic Achilles pain, no one had picked up on that previously!).

Harpua is offline Member
    I decided to wait it out and see if it would get better. I stopped limping by Sunday and today there is just a little annoying feeling in it. Should be good to go in a couple more days. One of the things I don't like about the NJ pine barrens is it's mostly flat. In this case that will work out well for me to test it this weekend. I figure I'll do a small loop to feel it out and go from there. I really want to start sprinting a couple of days a week. If all goes well this weekend maybe I'll start next week.
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    I haven't weighed myself in a couple of weeks and w/ 4th of July and this achilles issue I was expecting at least a moderate weight gain. Nope, 264 this morning. That's actually about 4 lbs down in 2 weeks. Pretty good considering I haven't exercised at all and I went to a handful of BBQ's this past weekend.

I'm still a little gimpy with this achilles issue. I've set up an appointment for Monday w/ my Dr. I mowed the lawn last night and by the time I was done I had a nice limp going again. Then this morning it was pretty bad going up and down the stairs getting ready for work.
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    I have to get back to writing this thing consistently. Achilles is good, health is good, diet is good. Went to Don Pablo's today for lunch and splurged a little bit, though. Other than that, it's all good.

It's been hot as balls here this past week. I've been putting off mowing the lawn but I'm going to do it today after work. I have a birthday party to go to on Saturday but I'm going to try and sneak in a hike before the storms blow in on Sunday.
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    Good weekend. I got some chores around the house done, so I feel good about that. I ate some of my nephew's birthday cake on Saturday and had some ice cream on Sunday. Other than that I ate well. Peaches are in season around here and since they are my favorite fruit I've been eating the shit out of them. Probably pushing my carbs past where I would like, but they'll be gone in a few weeks so I don't feel guilty about it. Think I'm going to start tracking my food again.

Monday,7-29
    B:2 small peaches, 2 hard boiled eggs w/ hot sauce poured on them

L: BAS w/ imitation crab meat red wine vinegar and olive oil

D: chicken parm: chicken breast, homemade tomato sauce, zucchini noodles, provolone and Parmesan cheese

Throughout the day I had about 4-5 cups black coffee and 2 glasses of Wegman's naturally brewed green tea.
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    Tues, 7-30
    B: 2 peaches 2 hard boiled eggs, 24oz coffee

L: went to WaWa and got their cup of pepperoni and jack cheese and their container of cubed mango, 24oz coffee

D: cheeseburger(80/20 ground+egg+diced poblano,beet,carrot,onion,sun dried tomato,garlic+spices+meunster cheese) mashed cauliflower(roasted w/ some carrot and onion some coconut oil and blended with 2TB butter) half avocado, green tea

No real exercise to speak of. I got home from work kind of late. By the time I finished w/ dinner I only had a little time to play with the baby before putting her to bed. In the process of rocking her to sleep, I dosed off and any chance of exercising went night-night as well.
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    I had some eggs, cheese and some fruit for breakfast/lunch yesterday. I thought I had thawed out a couple of chicken breasts for dinner but they were still frozen when I got home. I decided instead to eat about 20 buffalo wings from the local pizza place. Oh well. They flour their wings and I have no idea what kind of oil they cook them in. They were really good though.

It's funny, I read from people on here all of the time about how they don't like the stuff they used to eat or how they don't miss it. I still love all of the bad shit. It still tastes awesome to me. I've been at this pretty good since February with only an occasional slip up but the cravings have never gone away. I don't know if people just like to tell themselves they don't miss it, they truly believe their own bullshit, or it's not bullshit and I'm just different. I avoid my old habits by not keeping junk in the house and willpower when I'm out. It's not any easier today then it was 7 months ago when I started. I feel better than I have in years though and I'm really starting to look better as well. That's really what this is all about. It would be great though if I could go to a party and not stare at the bowls of chips and pasta salads the entire time. Well, at least until the table is cleared and the desserts come out. Then I stare at them until it's time to go home or I cave. Sometimes I feel like a crackhead locked in a room full of crack and trying not to smoke it.
    M/35/5'10"

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast