Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Harpua's Journal- from fat and lazy to Super Dad page 6

Harpua is offline Member
    Shop Now
    Thanks, everyone for the comments. It's nice to get feedback on here.

I'm really excited for my trip this weekend. I used to love hiking in my younger days. It's funny how you can just stop doing something that you like for years and not even realize it. I have been looking up NJ an PA trail maps all week and planning in my head all the adventures we're going to have.

I ate well yesterday. For dinner, i basically cleaned out my fridge of everything that was about to go bad and made a stir fry. Chicken, green beans, half a head of cauliflower, half a tomato, part of a red onion and part of a vidalia onion. I also had a borderline avocado that i sliced and threw on top. I made it really spicy w/ some red curry, chili powder, black pepper,jalapeno and garlic. I added about a tb of Polaner All Fruit apricot to give it a touch of sweetness. It was really good for a meal that i made up as I went.

I got a nice workout yesterday trying to get my grass trimmer to start. About 100 pulls each arm and then some shoulder work as I pressed it over my head and threw it across the yard several times. Guess I'll be going to Lowes for a new one since it definately isn't going to start now. Oops.
    M/35/5'10"
    SW: 325lbs
    Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Sugarbare88 is offline Member
    Wow, it's all or nothing with you huh? Doing great man, keep up the Groking!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
    So, i should get snipped before i go???
    BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

Hey grokerella, can you tolerate eggs? If so and you don't mind making your own mayo, you could make some killer egg or tuna fish salad as a quick lunch or snack. My 2 cents!

Quote Originally Posted by grokerella View Post
    I've been skipping a lot of meals too - sometimes because I'm not hungry and then other times just poor planning. The times with poor planning have been pretty bad lol I can feel myself dragging and by the time I get off work I'm ravenous! Had a few close calls just because I'm so hungry I'm not thinking about it. Definitely need to plan breakfasts and lunches ahead of time.

Man that cracked me up! What do you call that routine? The Hulk out?!

Thanks, everyone for the comments. It's nice to get feedback on here.

I'm really excited for my trip this weekend. I used to love hiking in my younger days. It's funny how you can just stop doing something that you like for years and not even realize it. I have been looking up NJ an PA trail maps all week and planning in my head all the adventures we're going to have.

I ate well yesterday. For dinner, i basically cleaned out my fridge of everything that was about to go bad and made a stir fry. Chicken, green beans, half a head of cauliflower, half a tomato, part of a red onion and part of a vidalia onion. I also had a borderline avocado that i sliced and threw on top. I made it really spicy w/ some red curry, chili powder, black pepper,jalapeno and garlic. I added about a tb of Polaner All Fruit apricot to give it a touch of sweetness. It was really good for a meal that i made up as I went.

I got a nice workout yesterday trying to get my grass trimmer to start. About 100 pulls each arm and then some shoulder work as I pressed it over my head and threw it across the yard several times. Guess I'll be going to Lowes for a new one since it definately isn't going to start now. Oops.

Harpua is offline Member
    I like The Hulk Out! It's better than the idiot workout, which my wife is going to call it.
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    Yesterday
    Breakfast: 3 eggs and 4 slices of bacon

Lunch: BAS w/ 2 hard boiled eggs and that imitation crab meat shit

Dinner: steak, half of sweet potato and creamed spinach

No real exercise to speak of, the day just kind of got away from me.
    M/35/5'10"

Yes, you may get the icy glare of "Come on! Really!", but you did get a new tool out the deal and created a new workout routine that will sweep through the forums like wildfire!

I like The Hulk Out! It's better than the idiot workout, which my wife is going to call it.

Harpua is offline Member
    The Hulk out might start sweeping the nation! It's expensive and you get very little results! Infomercial fame here I come!
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    Good day yesterday. I ate well and after work I took the baby for a good 3 mile walk. Bonus: a vender took me out to lunch at Bertucci's and i got a salad instead of pizza and pasta. I also didn't touch the bread and fantastic looking pesto dip.

Breakfast: protein shake and 2 hard boiled eggs

Lunch: Bertucci's Mediterranean salad w/chicken w/out croutons + cup sausage soup

Dinner: pan fried salmon, broccoli carrots half sweet potato
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    273.8! Finally cracked the 50lb barrier!

The last few years this has always been my stumbing block. I would get close and have a bad weekend and get totally discouraged. As a reward, I made myself a couple extra strips of bacon for breakfast and went in to work late so I could take the baby for a morning walk. I'm feeling great today! I think i'll start another thread congratulating myself.

No time to rest though, I still have a long way to my goal. It is fantastic though how much easier tying my shoes and bending over to pick something off the floor has become. My birthday is a little over a month away. I think I'm going to kick it into high gear just until then and try to get to 250 by my birthday. I've been doing the slow and steady approach until now,WHICH IS DEFINITELY THE REASON FOR MY SUCCESS. But, as just a short term goal this will give me the push i need to not get complacent. Sometimes, all of the complements can go to your head and start working against you.

51 lbs down Bitches!
    M/35/5'10"

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast