Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Harpua's Journal- from fat and lazy to Super Dad page 5

Harpua is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Sugarbare88 View Post
    Won't have a choice buddy, view is tre romantic!!
    So, i should get snipped before i go???
    M/35/5'10"
    SW: 325lbs
    Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Harpua is offline Member
    Busy night. Wife had a work thing to do so I had the baby after work. We went food shopping and then took a nice long walk. By the time we were done she was hungry so I got her Fed and then we played for a little while before bedtime. I forgot to eat dinner and by now it was after 9 so I figured I just wouldn't eat. Nope,got really hungry. I chopped up a beet,some Portabello's and some onion. I sauteed them w/ olive oil and a little butter, pepper,garlic and thyme. Pretty good, although
    that little bit has made me even hungrier but I'm done for today.probably pound some water to kill the cravings.
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    Haven't eaten much today. I made my coconut/almond milk, whey protien shake for breakfast. I had planned on getting a couple of hard boiled eggs from WaWa on my way to work but was running too late. Then at lunch, I decided to shoot across the bridge to Philly to pick up a necklace at Tiffany's for my wife for mother's day. Got into the city, found a parking spot, walked 2 blocks to the store, all was going smooth. Until, a big accident on the Ben Franklin bridge on the way home. Instead of taking me 15 minutes to get back it took closer to 45. No lunch stop for Harpua. Now back at work, the only thing edible in the vending machine is a bag of almonds. They're not bad, a little too salty. So my eating for today is a shake and a bag of almonds. Luckily I don't have any junk in the house cause when i get home it's on!
    M/35/5'10"

grokerella is offline Junior Member
    I've been skipping a lot of meals too - sometimes because I'm not hungry and then other times just poor planning. The times with poor planning have been pretty bad lol I can feel myself dragging and by the time I get off work I'm ravenous! Had a few close calls just because I'm so hungry I'm not thinking about it. Definitely need to plan breakfasts and lunches ahead of time.
    SW: 257.something
    CW: 248.4

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

Harpua is offline Member
    I hear you. Packing lunches has been the main part of my success. Over the last 2 weeks though, I have been slipping. Another thing i didn't do this week was make hard boiled (steamed) eggs. I have been consistently making 2 dozen eggs on Sunday night that I eat all week. If i don't have time for breakfast I grab 2 and eat them when I get into my office. Also, whenever I find myself craving something or in a situation like today when I'm starving,i crack an egg (or 2) when I walk in the door and squirt some sriracha on it. Good to go until dinner.
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    276 this morning! I really wanted to hit that 50 lb mark today. 275 has been my nemesis for a long time time now and I'm ready to see it in the rearview.

Dinner last night:
    roast chicken w/ cauli, broc and carrots, Also sauteed spinach and beet greens.

shake for breakfast this morning w/ a cup of coffee
    Last edited by Harpua; 05-10-2013 at 09:11 AM.
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    A bit of a rough weekend. Went to a baseball game Saturday night and a mothers day bbq yesterday. Definitely didn't eat as bad as I could have but, some french fries, beer,chicken fingers and carrot cake slipped through my defense shield. I freaking love carrot cake and have managed to avoid it for months. Yesterday it was on my mom's counter all day calling me and after a few hours i caved..

Back at it today. Just a protein shake so far. I'm about to heat up some chicken and veggies for lunch.

On the exercise front:
    I bought a hiking baby carrier this weekend (REI Piggyback). I took the baby for a trial walk around the neighborhood and she loved it! We will be doing our first hike this Saturday. We're going to head out to Wharton State forest and hit 1 or 2 of the trails around Batsto village. Should be a good test to see how we both handle it. There are a couple different sized loops so we'll see how we are doing and can vary the length of the trip accordingly.
    M/35/5'10"

grokerella is offline Junior Member
    Congrats on the 276! I was pretty bad this weekend too, but we can't be perfect all the time. The important thing is to get back on it!
    SW: 257.something
    CW: 248.4

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

heatherp is offline Senior Member
    Hey Harpua,

Congrats on your baby girl! I hope she's doing well. i'm no expert, but dont beat yourself up about not exercising, getting the food part right, esp after so many years of less-than-ideal choices is a big change (on top of parenthood, I'm guessing). You'll already be doing good things for your body!

teach2183 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
    I bought a hiking baby carrier this weekend (REI Piggyback). I took the baby for a trial walk around the neighborhood and she loved it! We will be doing our first hike this Saturday. We're going to head out to Wharton State forest and hit 1 or 2 of the trails around Batsto village. Should be a good test to see how we both handle it. There are a couple different sized loops so we'll see how we are doing and can vary the length of the trip accordingly.
    My DS loved his carrier. DH was on strike last winter and DS was over 18 months old. But it was cold, so I stuck him in and covered him with a blanket - he fell asleep! I definitely felt it in my legs the next day carrying around that extra 20lbs all day.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast