Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Harpua's Journal- from fat and lazy to Super Dad page 4

Harpua is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    I experimented w/ zucchini noodles last night. Freaking Awesome! They seem to have a texture like a lo mein noodle more than pasta. These are going to be showing up a lot on my dinner plate.
    M/35/5'10"
    SW: 325lbs
    Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Harpua is offline Member
    285 this morning. That's 40 lbs down! Rolling right along.

Last night's dinner was awesome! I was home while there was still daylight so I grilled a couple of rib-eye steaks. For sides, I made some mashed cauliflower and grated a sweet potato and made home fries. I used a TB of whole milk yogurt w/ the cauli which really made it creamy and more like potatoes. Lunch was a salad w/ a can of sardines mixed in.
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    I've had a good week. Ate well, did a ton of walking and dropped a few lbs.

I leave tomorrow for a 3 day trip w/ my wife for our anniversary. We'll be spending the weekend in Rehoboth, DE at a little B&B a couple of blocks from the beach. I would rather stay in a hotel where I don't have to interact with strangers, but she seems to like going to these places. I shouldn't have too many diet issues with all of the seafood places down there. The women who runs the inn apparently is a gluten free cook so breakfast won't even be that bad. The weather isn't supposed to be super nice, but low 60's is fine w/ me. It should be a fun trip. This will be the longest stretch my wife has been away from the baby which might be interesting.
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    Been a while since I checked in. Eating well and getting some exercise. I've been working a lot lately so my food has started to get kind of boring and redundant. I'm going to add a couple of new recipes this week.
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    time to get back to updating this journal. i've been slipping a little bit lately and I have put on a couple of pounds. most of the week i'm good but i've had several weekends in a row with things to do including booze and junk. Also, little things like adding flavored cream to my coffee have been creeping in. I'm just getting a little lax and that's a slippery slope i don't want to go down. Also, my morning walks have become less frequent and by the time i get home, make dinner, and get the baby to sleep it's usually after 9 and I'm exhausted. These are excuses I've used in the past and I'm done using them now.

Today, I'm rededicating myself. No walk this morning but i will be going after dinner.

Breakfast: 2 hard boiled eggs, 14 oz coconut milk, 1/2 cup whole milk, one scoop chocolate whey protein powder

Lunch: BAS w/ chicken 1 hard boiled egg

Dinner:???? some kind of protein w/ some veggies

Only about a month until swimming season aka embarrasing fat ass in a bathing suit season. For any Game of Thrones,ASOIAF fans. The words of house Harpua:

SUMMER IS COMING!
    M/35/5'10"

grokerella is offline Junior Member
    Hey Harpua, I just wanted to stop by and say hi. I especially loved your post about going to the beach in San Diego, amazing how we can be our own worst enemies! Keep up the good work!
    SW: 257.something
    CW: 248.4

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.”
    ― Winston Churchill

Sugarbare88 is offline Member
    Just finished reading your journal, very inspirational! We started at about the same weight, but you are losing alot faster than I! Keep on keeping on man! I was in San D for 10 years and did not want to leave ever, if you get an opportunity to go back, go and check out the La Jolla cliffs with the wifey! All I can say is baby number two!! Haha!
    BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

Harpua is offline Member
    Thanks, Grokerella and Sugarbare! funny thing about the SD story is that it was almost as hard to write it as it was to do it. La Jolla is definately on my list when I get back but i don't know about baby #2! yikes!
    M/35/5'10"

Sugarbare88 is offline Member
    Won't have a choice buddy, view is tre romantic!!

Quote Originally Posted by Harpua View Post
    Thanks, Grokerella and Sugarbare! funny thing about the SD story is that it was almost as hard to write it as it was to do it. La Jolla is definately on my list when I get back but i don't know about baby #2! yikes!
    BaconFist Master of Pork-Fu!!

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread83531.html

Harpua is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Last night's dinner:

Steak w/ brussel sprouts onions and bacon. I fried the bacon then added the split brussel sprouts, onion and a little butter into the left over bacon grease. After they were done I crumbled the bacon back into the mix. Really good! i nailed the steak too! perfectly grilled to a rare-med rare.

Breakfast:
    3 eggs scrambled w/ sriracha 24oz WaWa 100%columbian coffee w/ 2 packs splenda

Snack:
    got hungry so I'm having a snack. 2 hard boiled eggs 1 slice of ham that a co-worker made.

Lunch:
    left over roast beef w/ left over brussel sprouts
    M/35/5'10"

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast