Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Harpua's Journal- from fat and lazy to Super Dad page 2

Harpua is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    yup, Iron Hill. I love that place. I used to go there a lot more often but i cut myself down to about once a month. The cheeseburger salad wasn't too bad, primally wise. The dessert is a different story. The Belgian porter on nitro was incredible. If i wasn't there for lunch I would have had a few more of those.
    M/35/5'10"
    SW: 325lbs
    Paleo start: 2/6/2013 @303lbs

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools

Harpua is offline Member
    Alright, finally got a workout in last night.I did about 10 minutes on the treadmill to warm up and then went into the body weight routine i posted earlier. Damn, that was rough on my thighs! between the squats and the lunges, my legs were killing me.

Eating wise, i have been doing really well. I made a really good sweet potato and acorn squash soup on Sunday. Last night was a chicken curry over spaghetti squash. Breakfasts and lunches have consisted of eggs protein shakes and salads with left over protein mixed in. Lunch today will be left over from last night. I have a pork butt going in the crock pot for dinner tonight. I stuffed in with garlic cloves and made a rub/marinade of brown mustard, yellow mustard, salt, pepper, basil, oregano and rosemary. The trick is to cut back the fat flap and get the garlic and rub inside there. then cook it fat side up so all the juices run down into the meat. I can't wait to get home and have at it. I think I'm going to do some creamed spinach and broccoli with it.

If the rain holds off, I'm going to try and get outside for a walk after work. If not, it will be the boring ass treadmill.
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    Last night's roast pork was awesome! I sauteed some spinach w/ garlic and picked up a really sharp provolone. I put the shredded pork over the spinach and mixed in chunks of the provolone. For those of you in the Philly area, it was just like a Tony Luke's Pork Italiano but without the roll. I also did some broccoli w/ it but nothing fancy there. I didn't exercise last night but I made a few extra trips up and down the stairs just to do something.

Breakfast today involved a protein shake on my way to work and 2 hard boiled eggs after i got into the office.
    Lunch was a BAS with some leftover pork thrown on top.
    Dinner will be chili over some cauliflower "rice"

I'm planning on doing my body weight workout tonight as well.
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    Last night i made a simple chili w/ 80/20 ground beef, red,orange and green bell pepper,jalapenos,red onion, garlic and a can of crushed tomatoes. it was pretty good. I also got in my body weight exercises which makes twice this week. The baby has started teething so my sleep has been crap, but that should pass eventually. i had some extra time this morning so I skipped my usual protein shake. Instead, i made a 3 egg omelette w/ spinach and a little cheese(less than a handful of shredded jack) with 4 strips of bacon.
    Lunch was my usual salad and some roasted pork.
    I try to weigh myself only on Friday mornings but i stepped on the scale this morning. Up a little over a pound 294.4. I know not to freak out but it still sucks! I hate seeing weight gain of any kind but knowing how my body fluctuates I can easily be down 3-4 lbs by tomorrow morning.
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    Great weekend! I was 292.6 on Friday morning and 292.0 today. Not bad.

I ate great all weekend. Saturday I had a piece of cake at my Mother-in-law's birthday party. A very small piece, but it was something I needed to do. I have to prove to myself that I can eat something like that and not fall apart. Turns out, it was the motivation I needed to keep me from getting out of hand yesterday. My parents made a big pasta dinner. Instead of eating there, I made a steak dinner for me and the wife and we went over after. My mom had been baking with all of the grand kids earlier in the day and there was no shortage of treats. Chocolate chip cookies, brownies, little chocolate brownie lollipops, sponge cake, all out on the table for the taking. Had I not eaten that piece of cake the night before, I would of allowed myself a cookie, then I would have had to try one of those lollipop things, and I would of probably said,"screw it, it's a cheat day" and gorged myself on everything, Including the leftover pasta! I truly feel like a crack-head sometimes when it comes to food. Instead, every time I walked past the table, I reminded myself about the pound cake.

On another good note, my new immersion blender came in on Saturday. I was getting so sick of cleaning my blender or food processor. This is going to be a great addition to my kitchen. I made 2 smoothies yesterday right in their cups. Sucker tore threw the ice without a problem and the clean up was about 20 seconds. I think I'll puree some cauliflower or squash tonight
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    I just realized the weight. That's 11 pounds in just under a month!

If i can keep this pace I'll at least be respectable at the beach this summer!
    M/35/5'10"

Azure is offline Junior Member
    11 lbs is awesome! You're doing great. What brand of immersion blender did you get?

Harpua is offline Member
    Thanks!

I got the Cuisinart CSB-76. It has mostly positive reviews but a few complaints about a plastic piece. Most of my kitchen is filled w/ Cuisinart products and I don't have any problems with any of them so I went with what I know.

Amazon.com: Cuisinart CSB-76BC SmartStick 200-Watt Immersion Hand Blender, Brushed Chrome: Kitchen & Dining
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    Dinner last night was salmon with some broccoli,carrots and cauliflower.

I was really craving a shamrock shake yesterday, it seemed everyone at my work had one. Luckily, I managed to find a paleo recipe somewhere. Unfortunately, I can't remember where, so i can't give them credit. 1 can coconut milk,1 cup ice, 1 avacado, 3 T honey, 1tsp vanilla extract, 1/2tsp mint extract, I think? i know it was those ingredients, but i'm not exactly sure on the qty's. Anyway, it was pretty freaking awesome! Because I'm trying to lose weight rather quickly at this time, it won't be something I make often. But when I get closer to my goal weight and start stepping up my exercise, I can see this becoming a regular treat in my lineup. Bonus, my wife loved it!
    M/35/5'10"

Harpua is offline Member
    290 as of this morning!

I didn't exercise at all this week, but I was very strict with my diet. I'm also trying to be more conscious of my portion sizes. One other thing I tried this week was not drinking my morning shake until after I got into work. I'm not exactly doing an IF but I'm shorting the time span between my meals. I usually don't get to eat dinner until after 7 but i would drink my shake around 6:30am. Now it's closer to 9am when I drink my shake.
    M/35/5'10"

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast