Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Paleo/Primal in the UK! page 4

Aussie16 is offline Member

Some Questions

Shop Now
    Ok so I posted these questions on the UK/ROI group page but haven't had any response so thought I'd try my luck here. Also have managed to get my internet connection working on the laptop (living on a farm temporarily right now) so thought I'd take advantage of it!

Anyway first up any raw milk drinkers out there? If so have you ever ordered online from Hook and Son? I found their website as was curious to try.

Also train tickets to London... are they always expensive? Wanted to go this weekend but they were super expensive just for a day trip!

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    All depends which time of day you want to travel, and which day too for that matter. But, generally, train prices in the UK are absolutely horrendous. Have you considered going by bus?

Oh dear! That's not good to hear! I thought travel in Europe was supposed to be cheap :|

Train takes 1.5 hours but bus 2+ hours from what I've been told! Don't know if I want to sit on a bus for that long. Hmmm takes the fun out of a spontaneous trip if you have to book in advance!

CavemanJoe is offline Senior Member
    Haha, well I would ALWAYS advise booking tickets in advance as 'on the day' is so much more expensive. I agree, though - so much more fun waking up and deciding to go some place to visit on the spur of the moment. Perhaps one day I'll win the lotto and wont have to worry about these things!

A word on going on the bus. National Express buses are not so bad. They are not luxury obviously but it's about the same as 2nd class on the train.

You can get a single ticket to London for 12 assuming you leave early in the morning at 07:10, journey takes 3h40m. A return ticket is usually double or just under the price of a single.

Oh wow almost 4hours by bus! Don't know I could handle that! Shame parking in London is so horrible! Oh well will have to look into it and yes spontaneous trips are the best

john101 is offline Banned

My Intro.

Hello to all. I am John from UK.I am 22 years old. My hobbies are reading and playing games. Mostly i love to play cricket and like to read digest. Now a days i am doing my studies and also a doing a part time job in London. I hope i will enjoy here with all of you. Thanks.

Yenni is offline Junior Member
    I studied in UK for a year, so I can only offer an immigrant's view, but two things I'd like to say:

* Going to London I'd opt for a train booked well in advance and away from busy times like CavemanJoe said. Buses are often late, especially the local ones. My biggest delay was a 2 h 15 min trip stretching to 3.5 h because the driver got into an argument with a mouthy guy and refused to drive on before the cops came to resolve the issue. After that I avoided local buses as best I could. Btw if you take a bus, make sure you have exact change, because the drivers (again local buses) typically didn't have money to give back from even a small bill.

* I highly recommend Aunt Bessie's Mashed Carrot & Swede (frozen) and Iceland's Swede and Carrot Mash. So delicious and the only ingredients are carrot, swede, butter, salt and pepper. Unlike Asda's and Tesco's own mashes, neither contains potato. I miss them so much. They also made it easier to eat with "normal" people, because mash is an easy replacement for all things potato that the others chose on their plates.

Tribal Rob is offline Senior Member
    UK bus drivers are a simple breed and don't understand the concept of paper money, even if a ticket is 4.50 give them a fiver and they go all stange like you are looking at their pint funny, or trying to spill their bird.
    You know all those pictures of Adam and Eve where they have belly button? Think about it..................... take as long as you need........................

PrimalMumUK is offline Junior Member
    Yep, we're about an hour away from Bristol

Loobyloo is offline Junior Member
    I'm in Scotland too

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast