Thread: Carb Cycling (for lifters) page

haydenwest is offline Junior Member

Carb Cycling (for lifters)

From what I've come to understand, consuming higher amounts of carbs on heavy lifting days is beneficial for recovery/muscle growth, and on those days, fat should be consumed less than on rest days (ive heard that around 50g is sufficient). What I'm a bit confused on is the timing of when to eat/not eat the carbs and fat. Are you supposed to limit fat intake POST workout, in favor of more carbs, or are you supposed to eat higher carb/lower fat throughout the course of the entire day?

haydenwest is offline Junior Member
    Bump

jfreaksho is offline Senior Member
    Spend some time on Martin Berkhan's site "Leangains". I don't have the answers for you off the top of my head.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    I think even after all the research you do, it still comes down to N=1.

Drumroll is offline Senior Member
    PrimalCon New York
    Most people I know tend to stick their carbs in right after the workout. However, I am seeing more and more people not even worry about a post-workout carb load anymore. Just my experience, but I'm seeing fewer people at my gym immediately rushing for a sugar or starch fix after their lifting sessions.

Granted, I cannot monitor everyone's behaviors and I don't plan to, but this is just from my preliminary observations of the folks at my gym. Protein seems to be what these people are grabbing now, not carbs.