Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Carnival cruise page

Gimp56 is offline Junior Member

Carnival cruise

Shop Now
    With the news reports saying that people are fighting for food on the crippled cruiseship do you think that there is any paleo/primal's on the ship taking advantage of their ketosis and IF?

Rojo is offline Senior Member
    I'll never understand the appeal of a cruise. A hotel you can't leave and could sink. Awesome.

Gimp56 is offline Junior Member
    I agree, putting yourself in with 4000 other people in becoming a sheep being led from port to port has not appeal to me as well

I dunno, I heard Carnival cruise lines are the shit.

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    If there were any paleo/primal folks on a stuck ship (is this a news headline right now or something?), they are probably already using IF at their leisure anyway.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    I'd be fishin! There are all kinds of tasty critters swimming in the gulf.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    This is Carnival's Fourth Major Disaster in 1 year. You'd think people would book on a different Line. When you make decisions that poorly you deserve the results. (Not much sympathy here.)

Cruises are great, I love them. I'd never go on Carnival though. I bet they carry primal food for any paleo/primal types. They are typically able to provide any type of diet. But of course when the power goes out, the food goes bad. Think of all that grass-fed beef and wild fish gone to waste.

Zanna is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rojo View Post
    I'll never understand the appeal of a cruise. A hotel you can't leave and could sink. Awesome.
    Yup, me too. The thought of being herded with all those strangers freaks me out a bit. Now, my own boat would be just fine.

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Cryptocode View Post
    This is Carnival's Fourth Major Disaster in 1 year. You'd think people would book on a different Line. When you make decisions that poorly you deserve the results. (Not much sympathy here.)

Cruises are great, I love them. I'd never go on Carnival though. I bet they carry primal food for any paleo/primal types. They are typically able to provide any type of diet. But of course when the power goes out, the food goes bad. Think of all that grass-fed beef and wild fish gone to waste.
    If they had any common sense they would be preserving all the meat and fish on board. Even with no power there must still be ways to cook,dry or cure the food they have and I'm sure there is or was still some ice on the ship. The problem is 4000+ people expecting to be pampered are suddenly thrown into a survival situation. As for myself, I'd be grateful for the experience.

Diechipmunk is offline Junior Member
    I used to think the same thing until I went on one with my wife's family (years ago when we were still engaged). The food is generally very good, and you can eat healthy. You look at the brochure of port activities before you set sail and choose you days. Kayaking in a mangrove swamp one stop, hiking the rain forest and climbing a peak next to a waterfall the next. Catamaran sail to a snorkeling spot another day. It was a blast. That being said it costs a fortune to get a good cruise, usually equating to desirable locations and less passenger density. I'd love to go again, but I can do so much for less $$$ and have just as much, or more, fun.

The lines on the dock for the Carnival cruises were easy to spot from hundreds of yards away. It's the long line with the most collage age kids puking into the harbor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast