Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Carnival cruise page 2

Damiana is offline Senior Member
    Shop Now
    I'm pretty sure on a hot, filthy, stinking boat almost overflowing with sewage by now, that IF and ketosis is the last thing on their mind as they're running out of viable food
    F 28/5'4/100 lbs

"I'm not a psychopath, I'm a high-functioning sociopath; do your research."

JoanieL is offline Senior Member
    From here: http://www.nytimes.com/2013/02/15/us...ewanted=2&_r=0

Once they dock, passengers can choose to board a bus and head to Galveston or Houston, or spend the night in a New Orleans hotel and catch a private charter plane the next day, according to a statement put out by Carnival. The company said it would cover all travel-related expenses.

Passengers will also get a refund, $500 and credit for another cruise.
    Yeah, sign me up for another Carnival Cruise!
    "Right is right, even if no one is doing it; wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it." - St. Augustine

B*tch-lite

Starkanda is offline Junior Member
    I realize it's not ideal, and there are a lot of people we are talking about here, but I really don't get why they are all living in their own fermenting waste when they have the ocean right there...

Wildrose is offline Senior Member
    I realize it's not ideal, and there are a lot of people we are talking about here, but I really don't get why they are all living in their own fermenting waste when they have the ocean right there...
    I admit... I told mom, while I don't want to traumatize people with the view of my hairy ass, I'd be hangin' it over the side if the toilets weren't working. Ya gotta do what ya gotta do. But cruises stop in almost every port both to unload and reload, so it's no wonder this is turning into a nightmare.

As a side note, I'm booked in with Norweigen Cruise Lines and I managed to upgrade from an Inside to a Balcony for 40 dollars. Go me!

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    I was reading about this some... evidently these people having to eat cold food, and the waste issues (to which I say, use your ice bucket like an old fashioned chamber pot and walk it to the deck to discard it you idiots!), and a lot of the people are all crying and praying and acting in general as if they are going to die and the world is coming to an end...

WTF?

Are people really that stupid that they can't deal with a few days of eating cold sandwiches and disposing of their own body waste.

The part where I was stranded and had to deal with some stressful circumstances, whatever not that big a deal... dealing with those PEOPLE, basically would want to kill them!
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

j3nn is offline Senior Member
    I think I'd try to grab a lifeboat and take my chances. I couldn't bear to be surrounded by so many people who have zero survival or coping skills. It's like a storm power outage... Only you're on a biggggg boat. Do they walk around in sewage when the power goes out at home? Geez.

Much like domesticated animals. Not nearly as resourceful as their feral counterparts.
    | My (food) Blog | Follow me on Facebook | Pinterest | Twitter |

“It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men.” - Samuel Adams

Kris T is offline Senior Member
    Love cruises! Took a Carnival and it was a blast! We always take water and food with us. Used to be granola bars and stuff like that. Now I would take my own beef jerky and other primal things with me. Never know if you need them.

As for dumping waste over the side, I bet they couldn't. There are strict rules and fines for putting anything overboard. I will just be sure to take some Ziploc baggies next time....just in case.

Lots of bad shit can happen on any vacation, hell, at any time no matter where you are. No reason to stop taking adventures of all kinds to explore different things.
    44 F 5'5
    SW 205.4
    CW 180.4
    GW 150

blondiegreen is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildrose View Post
    As a side note, I'm booked in with Norweigen Cruise Lines and I managed to upgrade from an Inside to a Balcony for 40 dollars. Go me!
    A friend of our family is a captain for the Norwegian cruise ships. He is a great guy! it seems odd for him to have such a prominent job like that bc we live in the heart of the Canadian prairies, miles from any sea port. I believe his wife's family lives here in town so she'd have people nearby bc he's gone for 8-12 weeks at a time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12