Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Valentine Day Dinner Plans? page

marthat is offline Senior Member

Valentine Day Dinner Plans?

Shop Now
    I'm planning a special, romantic dinner for hubby and myself tonight. We are avoiding going out for financial reasons (son's wedding coming up this summer), and we are somewhat limited by it being a worknight for him (I have the day off) and his kung fu class later this evening. So can't be too heavy.

So here's my plan: I've bought 6 Malapeque oysters to shuck and eat raw as appetizers. Then a bag of PEI mussels to steam in butter and white wine sauce. Usually this would be accompanied by lots of white bread for sauce-sopping, but I have found that eating the broth with a soup spoon is just as yummy. Nice salad with avocado and an oil and vinegar dressing. We're not dessert eaters, so there's no dessert planned. I have a 90% Lindt bar in reserve if I need a wee bite, but hubby won't care at all.

Who else has a special supper planned? Let's share ideas...

little vase is offline Senior Member
    That sounds absolutely scrumptious. And sexy!

We're having filet mignon wrapped in bacon, with sauteed shrooms, roasted charred brussels sprouts, and mashed sweet potatoes. For dessert, heavy whipped cream and chocolate dipped strawberries. Everything's primal. We don't usually have such elaborate meals but it's special!

seashells is offline Senior Member
    This is going to be a great thread, I can tell! Lots of romantic dinner ideas for any day! I'm doing lamb loins, sliced thinly over potato galettes and minted pease pudding. I baked a chocolate torte last night and the point is to eat lightly enough so we don't just roll into bed and commence the snoring.

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    I'm not seeing my fiance until tomorrow (boo!), but I'll be coating some raspberries in dark chocolate as a treat when I'm round at his place.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

pjgh is offline Senior Member
    Smoked salmon, caviar and aubergine & creme fraiche dip for starters.
    Salmon sous vide and Hollandaise with roasted roots for main.
    Raspberry souffle for pud.
    Choccies.

Perrier alongside; Laurent Perrier, naturally!

Goldie is offline Senior Member
    Hubby and I together will make a heart-shaped primal pizza for dinner (we seldom eat dairy, so this is a treat!)

What we will have for dessert is none of anyone's business.

I do the cooking, but last year Mrs. FW and I cooked a meal together, had a little bubbly, just lots of fun. She loved it. In fact, she wants to do the same menu this year: a fish stew, and chocolate souffle. (Souffles are not as challenging as most people think, and if you enjoy eggs, they're rockingly Primal.)

May pick up some oysters this weekend, been craving them!

marthat is offline Senior Member
    My dinner was a resounding success. The raw oysters were delicious (so says hubby - I'm a bit iffier on raw oysters). The mussels were also lovely, and the goat cheese and rice cracker appetizer was praised too.

Now I'm sitting here sipping on the remainder of the very good bottle of white wine used for the mussels. Ah, life is good!

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Pot roast, root vegetables, hazelnut torte with whipped cream.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    We split a gorgeous rib eye, roasted root veggies, little rice, pear salad with goat cheese, strawberries in cream.
    He gave me a beautiful bracelet, I gave him a Dewalt nail gun.
    The pups got dried duck hearts.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast