Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Frustrated with Cholesterol page 3

magicmerl is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Yeah, one thing to keep in mind is that their contractual performance objectives might score them badly if they don't achieve the 'outcome' of lowering your cholesterol.

So if they have a financial incentive to want your cholesterol low, expect them to push for it.
    Disclaimer: I eat 'meat and vegetables' ala Primal, although I don't agree with the carb curve. I like Perfect Health Diet and WAPF Lactofermentation a lot.

Griff's cholesterol primer
    5,000 Cal Fat <> 5,000 Cal Carbs
    Winterbike: What I eat every day is what other people eat to treat themselves.
    TQP: I find for me that nutrition is much more important than what I do in the gym.
    bloodorchid is always right

ulnauy is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by magicmerl View Post
    Yeah, one thing to keep in mind is that their contractual performance objectives might score them badly if they don't achieve the 'outcome' of lowering your cholesterol.

So if they have a financial incentive to want your cholesterol low, expect them to push for it.
    Yes, the so called QA/QI (quality assurance/quality improvement) movement in the US is a driving force behind statin usage. Not much of a surprise to find that pharmaceuticals are big backers of performance-based pay for physicians.

Cryptocode is offline Senior Member
    The Mayo Clinic and Kaiser (the Big HMO's) were Big supporters of Obamacare and Medicare, as was Big Pharma. You bet they care about pushing those drugs and having a great "Health Care Plan". I've learned that providing a "Health Care Plan" is a lot different providing "Health Care". They all have great Plans that address their contractual performance objectives with QA/QI.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123