Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Why can't I peel an egg?!?? page 3

yodiewan is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by jammies View Post
    Steaming, instead of boiling, is supposed to give consistently easy to peel eggs.
    +1

I have been steaming my eggs for the past several months instead of boiling and they peel so much more easily, even if the eggs are very fresh.

Graycat is offline Senior Member
    It's super easy. After boiling you transfer eggs into a container and fill with cold water while you drop them so the egg shell will crack all over. The water gets between the egg and shell through the cracks and then the peel just comes off.
    Of course, if all else fails, you can slice them in halves and separate with a spoon.

trevork is offline Junior Member

Boil a perfect egg every time..

Quote Originally Posted by healthy11 View Post
    No matter which way I hard-boil an egg I can never seem to peel them without a lot of the white coming off with the shell. I've tried adding salt or baking soda to the water. I have tried different cooking times. I've tried boiling and baking.

Has anyone found a way to successfully peel eggs? It drives me crazy!!!
    I found this over Christmas and it works every time:
    Half an inch of water in a pot - any pot, any size
    Bring to a boil with lid on
    Add eggs, hot, cold, 2, 3, 5 whatever
    Lid on, boil for 6.5 mins for a runny center. I do them for 7 and half mins for firm centers.
    Remove from water, run cold water over the eggs for 30 secs
    Peels easily and works every time!
    This works because it is a combination of boil and steam, and the water never goes off the boil when u addd the eggs.
    later!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Well, I am asked to bring deviled eggs to every family event because they look so gorgeous ( and sometimes I put lobster in them, but before the microwave cooker I would go thru dozens of eggs to get maybe 20 perfect ones. You have to experiment with your microwave power but after that it works like magic. I keep hard boiled eggs in the fridge all the time, rub on a little avocado or macadamia oil, sea salt & org pepper=delicious snack food.

workinprogress is offline Senior Member
    I make sure to crack the shell after cooking and then let them sit in some cold water. The water gets between the egg and the shell making it easier to peel.

Colleen2502 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by workinprogress View Post
    I make sure to crack the shell after cooking and then let them sit in some cold water. The water gets between the egg and the shell making it easier to peel.
    This is definitely the best way! I change the water in the pot to cold water, adding ice in summer when tap water is warmer, then take each egg out and crack on the side of the pot, then once all are cracked I proceed with wet hands to peel the egg, making sure to get underneath the skin part when first starting, this keeps the shell nicely together and it will then slide right off. Good luck!

healthy11 is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm going to try cracking them and letting the cold water in... great suggestion! Thanks for all of the replies!! I'll report back

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123