Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Leptin Reset Journey page

SLYNN86 is offline Junior Member

My Leptin Reset Journey

Primal Fuel
    I'm on this journey for a lot of reasons, I have celiac and hashimoto's, my weight has been increasing non stop over the last three years and it's really affecting my mental well-being. I've been paleo for over a year, gluten free since 2006 and dairy free since 2009, grain free since 2012. Despite all of these wonderful changes to my diet, my weight has crept up from 130 to 160 in the last three years, and while I think I'm doing a good job of eating and being healthy, clearly my body thinks otherwise. I'm 5'7 and while I look slender, 160 is about 30 lbs over where I'm comfortable, and while I might not get back down to there I want to get to at least 140 or 135 to where I feel good in my own clothes again. I know i do better with eating when I am accountable to what I'm really eating and doing everyday, so this is my way of keeping track and sharing my journey.

Week 1, Day 4

Leptin Resistance goals:[*]Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein- Yes[*]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- Within 1 hr[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch - Break at 7 lunch at 1[*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner - Dinner at 6[*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -[*]no snacking - yes[*]darkening the house at sunset - meh[*]exposure to morning sun- yes[*]100% primal diet - yes[*]<50g carb per day - yes[*]no PUFA's other than fCLO - yes[*]teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading-

Caffeine- was tired tired today, had a rough nights sleep, woke up a lot. Had two yerba mate teas and a green tea today, lots of caffeine, too much and was a little anxious at night because of it.
    Fake Sugar- two packs of trident were chewed today after dinner. Gross...need to work on this
    Exercise- walked two miles and did 20 min TTAPP

B - One slice of raw seed bread and can of sardines- 3 slices of lean beef
    L - romaine with some tuna and a sprinkle of hemp seed- was so not hungry after huge breakfast
    D - remained of salad with another can of sardines and 1/2 sunflower seed bread, added a little MCT oil in the salad

Results
    - felt overly full all day and was kind of grumpy at work. Very tired.
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 02-15-2013 at 08:45 AM.

Valentine's Day! Slept at home last night, only woke up a few times, but generally was rested. I did however, wake up with a HUGE appetite.

Week 1, Day 5

Leptin Resistance goals:[*]Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein- Yes[*]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- Within 30 min and continued into an hour when i ate more at work[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch - Break at 7 lunch at 1[*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner - Dinner at 6[*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -[*]no snacking - yes[*]darkening the house at sunset - meh[*]exposure to morning sun- yes[*]100% primal diet - yes[*]<50g carb per day - yes[*]no PUFA's other than fCLO - yes[*]teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading- should have had some at work!

Caffeine- got a Blue Bottle coffee with my co worker at 8:30- YUMMMY
    Fake Sugar- one packet of trident
    Exercise- did 20 min TTAPP- tried to go out on a walk and was exhausted!

B - Ravenous- ate a can of sardines on one sunflower seed cracker, some beef gelatin stevia and water thing i made last night (very little of it) a whole package of sliced lean roast beef and two small cups of hemp seeds- WHEW! SO HUNGRY TODAY IT'S SO WEIRD- yesterday I had no appetite but I ate three smaller meals anyways.
    L - Hungry again at 1! Amazing after everything I ate this morning. I had some more beef (1/2 package) and a can of sardines with a raw cracker
    D -Was RAVENOUS again at dinner- ate two small halibut pieces, two raw crackers , two thin slices lean roast beef and some gelatin

Results
    -had good energy today, feeling a little puffy however, scratchy throat and a little bloated. Felt great after coffee.

Really tired at 2pm- had to close my office door and take a 10 minute snooze break. Had some emergen-c and some adrenal stuff, didn't want to drink more caffeine.

Wa dizzy and sleepy and super hungry at 4

Felt kind of bloated/hungry/tired again around 4 but I won't eat again until after 5 so I'm just biding my time...
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 02-15-2013 at 07:38 AM.

Week 1, Day 6

Leptin Resistance goals:[*]Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein- Yes[*]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- Yes[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch - Break at 7 lunch at 1[*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner - Dinner at 5:30[*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -yes[*]no snacking - yes[*]darkening the house at sunset - meh[*]exposure to morning sun- yes[*]100% primal diet - yes[*]<50g carb per day - yes[*]no PUFA's other than fCLO - yes[*]teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading-

Caffeine- yerba mate tea and a green tea today
    Fake Sugar- two piecesof trident i found in my pocket at 8am
    Exercise- walked two miles and did 20 min TTAPP

B - 2 raw seed crackers and can of sardines- 3 slices of lean beef lunch meat (organic grass fed like always)
    L - romaine with tuna and little avo and one seed raw cracker
    D - small bit of white fish, lots of leanest grass fed ground beef, one seed cracker

Results
    woke up feeling good today, had energy, was hungry at the right times, clothes feel good. Still not weighing myself- YET. Slept well last night, was in a generally good mood all day- woo ahoo.

Had an amazing week at work, felt great today- best I've felt in a long time.

Was away for the weekend- visited my grandma and parents in LA from Sat-Monday. To catch you up on how the weekend went, I stuck to the protocol really well, namely I was able to eat 50 gm protein within 30 min everyday, and that made all the difference in the world. and while I did eat a lot at each meal, I didn't binge, I didn't snack, and I felt good. This is all really working well for me. I'm not thinking about food during the day and I'm staying full for 5-6 hours! Amazing! I've added a Paleo Bread which is just egg whites and coconut flour, 40 cal, 1 gram fat, as a replacement where I was eating raw seeds/raw crackers which are just too heavy for me. and it's made a huge difference in getting me to cut back on some of the nuts I've been over indulging in. Clothes feel good. I didn't work out but did one long hour long walk with my mom. Normally this would have been a total situation where I would have binged (vacation, long weekend, away from home, no schedule etc.), but I didn't. I haven't binged in almost three weeks. Huge success for me. I'm eating a lot more at meals and a lot more protein, which is making me not hungry and not think about food- who would have thought! I feel like the BAB is the "cure" for me, seriously. Can't wait to see how my weight has gone down.

Week 2, Day 2

Leptin Resistance goals:[*]Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein- Yes[*]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- Within 1 hr[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch - Break at 6:30 lunch at 12:15[*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner - Dinner at 6:30[*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -[*]no snacking - yes[*]darkening the house at sunset - meh[*]exposure to morning sun- yes[*]100% primal diet - yes[*]<50g carb per day - yes[*]no PUFA's other than fCLO - yes[*]teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading-

Caffeine- yerba mate tea and a green tea today
    Fake Sugar- NONE!
    Exercise- missed my workout because was working too late! But wasn't hungry until after 6- awesome

B - two slices of paleo no card bread (80cals 2gm fat) packet of tuna and avocado
    L - two small raw crackers, sardines and a little avo, five small flackers
    D - three slices paleo bread, two small pieces of cod with little coconut oil, little avo- amazing

Results
    - felt slim and great today. Will work up the courage to weigh myself a week from today! Felt good all day even though the end of my day was really stressful.
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 02-19-2013 at 07:05 PM.

Week 2, Day 3

Was at work for almost 11 hours yesterday and didn't get a workout in, not happy about that, but I felt good and I had no cravings all day. Woke up at 3am with a terrible ear ache- sometimes that happens when I use ear plugs too often (living in a big city requires it). Anyways, today is a pretty stressful and big day at work so I was up and at em and feeling anxious this morning. But after about 3pm my day is no big deal. I was crazy gassy all day today, especially at night. Which was weird because I didn't have any gum or anything fizzy. But I have been without my enzymes for a few days (waiting on the shipment) so that could be it. I also have been OD'ing on Wellness Formula to chase away an impending cold so I will stop that tomorrow to see if it helps at all.

Leptin Resistance goals:[*]Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein- Yes[*]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- Yes[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch - Break at 6:30 lunch at 12:15[*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner - Dinner at 6[*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -[*]no snacking - yes[*]darkening the house at sunset - meh[*]exposure to morning sun- yes[*]100% primal diet - yes[*]<50g carb per day - yes[*]no PUFA's other than fCLO - yes[*]teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading-

Caffeine- drip coffee from the plant at 11:45
    Fake Sugar- NONE!
    Exercise- too tired today.

B - two slices of paleo no card bread (80cals 2gm fat) packet of tuna and 1tbs MCT oil, a few pieces of leftover cod from last night
    L - two slices paleo b, can of sardines, flackers
    D - lots of leanest ground beef grass fed, one lisce paleo bread.

Results- was tired this morning- had a big call at 10 and by 11 i was EXHAUSTED- couldn't keep my eyes open tired. drip coffee helped a lot. took extra adrenal support as well. I did take a new melatonin last night, this might be what's messing me up...that and the terrible sleep i got last night.

was exhausted ALL day. Crazy tired, will go to bed really early today.
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 02-21-2013 at 12:38 PM.

Week 2, Day 4

Had a good night sleep last night, kind of- went to bed at 9 (I was SO exhausted when I got home from work I was in bed watching hulu from 6-8, freaking exhausted. Last night I woke up three times- at 11:46, then at 2am, then at 5am. I was able to go right back to bed, it was just interesting. I think I got okay sleep, but I was so tired this morning, needed caffeine help BADLY. I don't know why I was so tired, it was ridiculous. Didn't take melatonin last night, thought it might help today. It did kind of, but yeah I need to figure out why I'm so tired the last couple of days. I feel like I could go back to bed right now and sleep for a year, instead I'm at work...

Felt really heavy after lunch, and kind of all day. I think it's because I don't have my digestive enzymes or something. I didn't eat very much for lunch but I just feel SUPER slow and heavy now. Feels gross.

Still feel heavy and gross later on in the day, and I'm super tired. My throat is also hurting..uh oh.

Leptin Resistance goals:[*]Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein- Yes[*]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- Yes[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch - Break at 6:30 lunch at 12:45[*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner - Dinner at 5:15[*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -
    *]no snacking - yes[*]darkening the house at sunset - meh[*]exposure to morning sun- yes[*]100% primal diet - yes[*]<50g carb per day - yes[*]no PUFA's other than fCLO - yes[*]teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading-

Caffeine- had a green tea and then a steaz no cal energy drink at 12 (so. freaking.tired!)
    Fake Sugar-NONE
    Exercise- 2 mile walk - was super tired again (am i getting sicky?!)

B - two slices of paleo no card bread (80cals 2gm fat) two cans of sardines and 1 tbs MCT oil- I didn't eat enough yesterday morning so I wanted to load up, wasn't hungry until 1!
    L - romaine with tuna, little bit of avo, a few flackers and some braggs
    D - packet of grass fed beef and three slices paleo bread
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 02-22-2013 at 08:03 AM.

Week 2, Day 5
    Had a little melatonin last night and slept HARD. I only woke up once, but the alarm this morning was a shock- which means I was out cold. THANK GOD. I'm thinking my sleepiness and digestive issues is coming from my previous egg allergy, aka the paleo bread, so I'm going to give that up for a few days and see how I fair. Feel better this morning, a little more rested

Going out tonight to dinner at a gluten free place so I won' tbe eating until later, and I will be having some drinks so...yeah. At least my throat isn't sore this morning, I don't feel the impending sickiness anymore which is great.

Leptin Resistance goals:[*]Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein- Yes
    *]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- Yes[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch - Break at 7:15 lunch at [*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner - Dinner at 5:15[*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -
    *]no snacking - yes[*]darkening the house at sunset - meh[*]exposure to morning sun- ye
    s[*]100% primal diet - ye
    s[*]<50g carb per day - ye[*]no PUFA's other than fCLO - yes[*]teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading-

Caffeine- two yerba mate teas
    Fake Sugar-NONE
    Exercise- 2 mile walk -ttapp 20 min

B - Had my packet of grass fed lean beef (6gm fat, 240 cal), a couple of handfuls of raw almonds, a little avo and a little tuna- was HUNGRY when I woke up!!! Wanted to eat a big dinner to take away any potential bingey feelings I might get by going out tonight.
    L - romaine with tuna, little avo, chicken
    D - went to dinner at pena pacha mama, had wild salmon, kale chips

Results- had a lot of drinks- really fun night, but i got sick in the middle of the night, one of the drinks must have had something in it that made me sick.
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 02-23-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Week 2, Day 6
    was a litte tipsy last night, did not sleep well. woke up in the middle of the night and threw up a lot. woke up with a terrible tummy ache and pounding headache. I think i got sick from one of the drinks i had or something, really rough morning

Today was the first day in almost 3 weeks i didn't really follow the protocol. Came close to binge feelings, ate lots of roasted almonds and some paleo bread with coconut oil, but was able to stop when i wanted to which is good. Have a terrible headache, feel awful, something made me sick last night. Whenever i am hung over or don't feel well i immediately feel like binging, but today i was able to be mindful about it.

Leptin Resistance goals:[*]Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein- 34 gm
    *]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- 1 hr[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch - [*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner - [*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -
    *]no snacking - did snack- couldn't eat much more than some lean beef at breakfast so i ate a lot of nuts between breakfast and lunch, first time i've snacked in three weeks.[*]darkening the house at sunset - meh[*]exposure to morning sun- ye
    s[*]100% primal diet - yes but i ate roasted nuts which i really should not- they are my trigger foods.
    s[*]<50g carb per day - ye[*]no PUFA's other than fCLO - ate lots of roasted almonds- not good. didn't binge but had those feelings- took extra vitamin e to help counteract the oxidative stress[*]teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading-

Caffeine- none
    Fake Sugar- had two orbit packs
    Exercise- was actually in bed for the whole day- not feeling good.

B - Had my packet of grass fed lean beef but almost threw up again, feeling not good at all
    L - had roasted almonds - lots, and had more at 3 with two cans of makerel. the bingey feelings came back but i was able to withstand, ate a few handfuls of shelled pistachios too. Again wasn't a binge, but it felt very close. I started to get depressed about it again, those feelings always come immediately after
    D - ate a few pieces of white cod and a little lamb with a little coconut oil- wanted to skip dinner but knew that wasn't the right thing.

Results-was disappointed in the bingey feelings that came back, but i'm not counting it as one as i did top before anything got out of control
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 02-27-2013 at 01:49 PM.

Week 3, Day 1

Slept well last night- feeling much better today and relieved that i didn't go overboard yesterday. i did have some of my fast blast drink and it made me a little light headed- haven't had it in a long time.

Cleaned the apartment, felt good today, albeit slightly stuffed today, maybe carry over from all the nuts yesterday, but am going nut free for the next couple of days to balance out the over-nuttage i did yesterday. I think generally I do better without eating nuts, feel less heavy.

Leptin Resistance goals:[*]Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein- yes
    *]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- yes[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch -breafast at 8, lunch at 1[*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner - [*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -
    *]no snacking - yes[*]darkening the house at sunset - meh[*]exposure to morning sun- ye
    s[*]100% primal diet - yes
    s[*]<50g carb per day - ye[*]no PUFA's other than fCLO - yes[*]teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading-

Caffeine- fast blast at 10 and yerba mate tea with lunch at 2
    Fake Sugar- three pieces of trident, one pack or orbitz
    Exercise- did some lifting with my kettle ball

B - had some lamb and some white fish with tiny bit of avo
    L - grass fed beef pack with kelp noodles and tiny bit of avo (0 carbs made from kelp)
    D - had some ground lamb and a piece of cod, along with some of my beef gelatin with stevia for dessert.

Results-feeling better today although a little anxious for whatever reason
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 02-25-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Week 3, Day 2

Woke up at 1:30 last night wide awake. Was feeling anxious last night when I was watching a movie with Kevin and then anxious at night. I actually woke up with anxiety this morning, interestingly enough, about health stuff. I haven't woken up with that anxious feeling in a really long time, and it could be the gum I chewed right before I went to bed, not sure what it was, but I just had a general feeling of worry this morning that made getting up rather unpleasant.

Felt better as the day went on but tummy still a little iffy from the questionable drink on friday night. Felt slim today, I think the eggs i ws eating in the paleo bread was causing inflammation. Had another fast blast with lunch, going to not drink any caffeine whatsoever after 1:30 to see if my sleep improves.

Leptin Resistance goals:[*]Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein- yes
    *]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- yes[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch -breakfast at 6:30, lunch at 12:30[*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner -din at 6[*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -yes
    *]no snacking - ye
    s[*]darkening the house at sunset - meh[*]exposure to morning sun- ye
    s[*]100% primal diet - yes

Caffeine- fast blast at 10 and at half one at 1:30
    Fake Sugar- none
    Exercise- t tapp 20 min

B - had some lamb and some white fish with avo
    L - romaine with some chicken, avo and can or sardines, braggs
    D - was SO HUNGRY for dinner- did not eat enough at breakfast or lunch. Dinner i had one small piece of cod, a little avo, 1/3 of a lamb burger and packet of beef. Beef gelatin with stevia for dessert.

Results-felt very slim today which was nice- no idea if i've lost weight though but i'm hoping things are looking up. only 6 more weeks to go (ha)
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 02-25-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast