Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My Leptin Reset Journey page 2

SLYNN86 is offline Junior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Week 3, Day 3

Woke up a few times last night- tried a time release melatonin last night for the first time, and i am TIRED this morning. Really sleepy. I ate a really BAB this morning because I know I wasn't eating enough yesterday as I felt super weak by 5pm and was starving for dinner. Ate a lot of gelatin last night because I was so hungry.

Leptin Resistance goals:[*]Breakfast w/ 50gm of protein- yes
    *]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- yes[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch -breakfast at 6:30, lunch at 12:30[*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner -din at 6[*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -yes
    *]no snacking - yes
    s[*]darkening the house at sunset - meh[*]exposure to morning sun- yes
    s[*]100% primal diet - yes
    s[*]<50g carb per day - yes[*]no PUFA's other than fCLO - yes
    s[*]teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading-

Caffeine- fast blast at 8 and 2
    Fake Sugar- none
    Exercise- 1.5 hours of kick boxing

B - had 1.5 lamb patties with a little cod, lots of coconut oil and a little avo- ate a lot this morning so I could get back on track of not being hungry every 5 hours.
    L - romaine with some chicken, packet of beef (minus 2 slices) avo and can of sardines, braggs and ghee- was REALLY hungry and won't eat again until after 6
    D - Had a packet of beef and some hemp seeds protein- wasn't too hungry

Results-felt very tired after I ate breakfast, and a little cranky too. Was in kind of a cranky mood today-on day 20 of my cycle, don't know if that's a pattern. Last month on day 23 of my cycle I had a panic attack and had to leave work. It seems to be that around say 20-24 of my cycle I get really cranky and very anxious/sleepy. Something to keep track of. I am currently doing a saliva test so I'm hoping to find answers there. I think again I did not eat enough for breakfast as it's 10:45 now and I am already hungry. Don't feel quite as slim today as I did yesterday. Also, it's not even 11 and I could easily go for a nap right now- I'm so sleepy. Why am I so sleepy lately?!

Ate a huge lunch- was just really hungry and apparently I did not eat enough of a BAB so I ate a BAL- will eat a smaller dinner with less fat. Dont know why I stayed so cranky all day, wish I wasn't, I think it's hormonal but I can't take anything for it yet because I'm doing all those hormone tests the next couple of weeks.

It's 4 and I'm still just really grumpy and tired- don't like feeling that way. I think this must be hormonal as this is exactly how I felt last month around this time of my period...grrr, my poor boyfriend
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 02-27-2013 at 09:12 AM.

Week 3, Day 4

Slept really well last night- took regular melatonin, tryptophan, magnesium, l theanine. BM are still really really off since Saturday's debacle with the pisco sour, am loading up on probiotics to amend that issue.

*]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- yes[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch -breakfast at 6:30, lunch at 12:30[*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner -din at 6[*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -yes
    *]no snacking - yes

Caffeine- fast blast at 8 and yerba mate at 1:30
    Fake Sugar- none
    Exercise- walk 2 miles

B - packet of grass fed beef, coconut oil, and 3 tbs collagen protein (didn't have any food in the house so this supplied 20g protein- and my tummy was feeling off and this is easily digestible)
    L - packet of beef and some ghee, some flackers (crazy day at work and didn't have time to get anything, that's my idea of fast food!)
    D - had 1.5 buffalo burger, lettuce, a pickle and 1tsp of MCT oil, really fillling and delish

Results- slept really well last night so did feel a little more refreshed today, but am very mindful of my emotional state because of being on day 22 of my cycle and that seems to be the trigger point for me over these last few months. Doubled up on anti anxiety vitamins/aminos last night to help mediate the issue, we will see how I feel today. Tummy is still off, BM awful this morning, frustrated but I'm sure it will start getting better soon.

Felt overall better today mood wise, which is good. Felt kind of heavy today, but my mood was better, although cranky at night time.
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 02-28-2013 at 11:55 AM.

Week 3, Day 5

Slept really well AGAIN last night- took time release melatonin, tryptophan, magnesium, l theanine. BM was improved this morning, not back to normal, but DEFINITELY improved. So that was good. Had a blood test for sex hormones and thyroid this morning, should be interesting to get those results back.

*]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- yes[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch -breakfast at 7:15, lunch at 1[*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner -din at 6[*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -yes
    *]no snacking - yes

Caffeine- fast blast at 9 and 2
    Fake Sugar-
    Exercise- t tapp 20 min

B - had 2 buffalo burger patties- very lean- with 1/2 small pickle and some coconut oil
    L - packet of tuna, little grass fed lean beef slices, ghee, few flackers, braggs, romaine
    D - had beef packet for din

Results- felt slim today, love when that happens. Digestion is getting back on track after my set back last weekend. Haven't binged in almost a month, really proud of that. Eating larger meals and more protein has made all the difference, I don't even want to overeat anymore. It's odd though that I switch from feeling really slim one day to huge the next, I don't get it. I'm going to be taking a food allergy test to rule out foods that might be causing inflammation, because I have a feeling that has a lot to do with it.
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 03-02-2013 at 09:26 AM.

Week 3, Day 6

Did not sleep a wink last night. Had to be in Oakland at 6 am and was nervous about the day so I was not able to sleep whatsoever.

*]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- yes[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch -breakfast at 5:30, lunch at 11:30[*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner -din at 6[*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -yes
    *]no snacking - yes

Caffeine- fast blast at 7 and 11
    Fake Sugar- packet of trident and a few eclipse pieces
    Exercise- none

B - ground lamb/lean beef/chicken mix with broccoli
    L - ground lamb/lean beef/chicken mix with broccoli
    D - ground lamb/lean beef/chicken mix with broccoli with tons of ghee

Results- felt bigger today, annoying, was at conference in oakland all day, super long day and was EXHAUSTED when i got home. Ate a lot of ghee the last couple of days, for some reason have needed more fats. I normally would have binged when i got home from a day like today because i didn't eat enough and was stressed and tired. but I didn't, so that was good.
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 03-02-2013 at 09:37 AM.

Week 4

Slept better last night- it was Friday night and i stayed in last night because of my crazy day yesterday. Woke up with a huge appetite- felt bu again this morning, typical saturday feelings, but ate a BAB to counteract these feelings in hope that it will even out.

Was out partying with old friends all day- drank too much but did have fun. Didn't over do it and stayed on the diet (minus the vodka waters)

*]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- yes[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch -breakfast at 8:15, lunch at [*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner -din at 6[*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -yes
    *]no snacking - yes

Caffeine- 1/3 of yerba tea, fast blast 8, yerba mate at 2
    Fake Sugar- none
    Exercise-

B - beef packet, some broccoli, little chicken and lots of ghee
    L - canned salmon and coconut oil
    D - a few pieces of sashimi

Results- felt bigger today, annoying, was at conference in oakland all day, super long day and was EXHAUSTED when i got home. Ate a lot of ghee the last couple of days, for some reason have needed more fats. I normally would have binged when i got home from a day like today because i didn't eat enough and was stressed and tired. but I didn't, so that was good.
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 03-03-2013 at 09:38 AM.

Week 4 Day 2

Did not sleep at all last night, woke up super hung over and feeling pretty awful. Ate a HUGE BAB- wanted to avoid b feelings later on in the day because i'm so hung over and didn't eat very much yesterday. Might have over done it.

*]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- yes[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch -breakfast at 8:15, lunch at[*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner -din at 6[*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -yes
    *]no snacking - yes

Caffeine- none
    Fake Sugar-non
    Exercise- walking

B - beef packet, coconut oil, almonds and a packet of chicken deli meat sliced, bliss mix (cashews. macadamias) and some coconut flour with stevia. Feeling super super full now, might have over done it a bit.
    L -
    D - Didn't have any appetite, ate four pieces of paleo bread (it was the only thing I had at the time!) and some coconut oil. Didn't eat lunch

Results- Was really down today. my roommate let me know today that she wants me to move out in 30 days, i'm overwhelmed at work and at my volunteer job, i'm super tired and frustrated and was crying today. Just felt really really down all day, and exhausted. Going on the road tomorrow so I'm making lots of food now
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 03-03-2013 at 08:15 PM.

Week 4 Day 3

Well feel like crap this morning- was so upset yesterday after all the drama, didn't sleep great. Didn't eat dinner, had a dream about frozen yogurt (so weird...) Anyways, big week ahead.

*]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- yes[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch -breakfast at 8:15, lunch at[*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner -din at 6[*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -yes
    *]no snacking - yes

Caffeine- fast blast at 9
    Fake Sugar-non
    Exercise-

B - beef and lamb with broccoli and coconut oil
    L - beef and lamb with broccol and ghee
    D - beef packet

Results-Felt anxious and sad today, had a tough day yesterday, didn't do very well in a meeting this afternoon, and am generally feeling kind of overwhelmed with everything that's going on. It's affected my digestion greatly.
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 03-05-2013 at 09:24 PM.

March 5- Week 4 Day 4

Didn't sleep well previous night- spent the night in Stockton for work and barely slept. Had to wake up at 5

*]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- yes[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch -breakfast at 5:15, lunch at[*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner -din at 6[*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -yes
    *]no snacking - yes

Caffeine- fast blast at 6 and 12
    Fake Sugar-
    Exercise-

B - beef packet and chicken breast
    L - 1/2 beef packet, chicken breast, some broccoli, couple raw crackers, some cashews and piece of paleo bread.
    D - coconut manna and chicken breast along with two pieces paleo bread (was super hungry)

Results-was SUPER hungry today. Woke up in a foul mood- too much uncertainty in my life right now leads to lots of bad digestion. Today I was at the ELT conference all day and didn't have a lot of food with me. When i got back to sf after driving all that time i really felt like the old me would have had a b attack, but i didn't, and i know how much progress i've made, i'm really proud of myself. Need lots of good sleep tonight
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 03-11-2013 at 02:43 PM.

So lots of my data was lost between computers, so I'm picking up back on March 11, Week 5 Day 3 Cycle day 3

*]Breakfast w/i 30m of rising- yes[*]5+ hrs between Breakfast and Lunch -breakfast at 5:15, lunch at[*]5+ hrs between Lunch and Dinner -din at 6[*]3.5+ hrs between Dinner and bedtime -yes
    *]no snacking - yes

Caffeine- fast blast at 8
    Fake Sugar- no
    Exercise- walking 2+ miles

B - beef/lamb loaf
    L - beef/lamb loaf
    D -

Results-Last week was really rough for me, and I put back on a lot of weight. I think not only the stress, the not working out at all, but also I added a lot of coconut oil and ghee, which I normally don't do. I think there was a lot of emotional eating, although I never broke any of the rules, didn't snack, didn't eat anything forbidden, didn't eat past 7, my eating wasn't happy. In fact, it was somewhat frenetic in it's nature. There is a lot going on in my life right now, and I am anxious as hell and have the highest inner tension I've had in as long as I can remember. Work is a real struggle right now for me, and I'm not sure how to fix it. I got kicked out of my apartment, and am subsequently moving in with my boyfriend, which is great but stressful. My body is NOT where it should be, not after 5 weeks of eating like I've been eating, I feel larger than ever and know my thyroid is totally to blame. I was also on my period, which we know has been driving me pretty nutty as of late. I just feel very out of control right now- of my living situation, my body, my mind, my health, and I feel hopeless and so confused. I found myself jealous of any person who wasn't me when I was on the bus this morning, which is so stupid because my life is wonderful. I feel just very heavy and overwhelmed right now and I just feel like crying. Yesterday was a really tough day for me as I was so tired and achy I broke down and started crying when my poor boyfriend and I were at breakfast (he was eating, I was watching and crying). I just don't know what to do to get this all under control but I need to ASAP. I'm just really worried that I can't hold on much longer to all the balls in the air. I feel like I'm doing everything I can but it's not enough, and I'm just very worried. Thank god I have such an amazing and loving partner, but losing it at meals like I did with him yesterday, constantly on the verge of tears everyday? What is going on?!? Seriously need to figure out why I feel the way I do. I have an entire team working with me and an appointment on Wednesday with my thyroid doctor, but I can't help but just feel very very alone in the whole thing. I need a miracle and I need one yesterday.
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 03-11-2013 at 03:28 PM.

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Week 5 Day 4 Cycle day 4

*]no snacking - yes[*]darkening the house at sunset - meh[*]exposure to morning sun- yes[*]100% primal diet - yes[*]<50g carb per day - yes[*]no PUFA's other than fCLO - yes[*]teaspoon of coconut oil if I start fading-

Caffeine- blue bottle coffee at 8
    Fake Sugar- no
    Exercise- walking 2+ miles

B - beef/lamb loaf
    L - beef/lamb loaf- was SUPER tired and dragging after lunch.
    D - two beef packets (ate what i had left over, was at new apartment) and then couple spoons of coconut flour with water and stevia at 630

Results- Had lots of almost crying spells yesterday and VERY low energy. Then I took some Grounded at around 3 and it helped mellow me out. Had a POH meeting at the end of the day that went well and my mood was greatly improved after taking the grounded. Although had a very hard time focusing at work and had a hard time getting anything done.
    This morning I was DRAGGING- barely could get out of bed, had to grab a coffee to start functioning. Felt GREAT after the coffee, really clear headed and energetic. I threw out my FastBlast yesterday, for caffeine I am only going to drink it BEFORE 11, and nothing after that. Moving into my brand new apartment with my love so I will finally start having a routine in my mornings and not feel like I have to be unseen and unheard in his apartment and my old one like the last two year (awful).

This year (2012-->today) has been extremely trying for me, and if I'm truly honest, things have been really rough since about 2010 with my health- mental and physical. I believe I am on the right path now, but know I have a long journey to go. I have been really negative recently about where I am in my body, what I look like right now, my struggles, whiney and feeling very unempowered, and this needs to change if I'm going to change the experience of being in my body. My friend and I had an amazing conversation on the phone this morning, she recently did an Iawashka (sp?) ceremony and a mantra kept going through her mind "your body needs you, your body needs you"- we have extremely similar health issues and this really rang true for me. I always view my body as something that has somehow betrayed me, like it's going against me somehow, but that isn't true. My body is only trying to heal, and I just have to get out of it's way

"Any guilt about food, shame about the body, or judgment about health are considered stressors by the brain and are immediately transduced into their electrochemical equivalents in the body. You could eat the healthiest meal on the planet, but if you’re thinking toxic thoughts the digestion of your food goes down and your fat storage metabolism goes up. Likewise, you could be eating a nutritionally challenged meal, but if your head and heart are in the right place, the nutritive power of your food will be increased"- Marc David

Actually started feeling really good around 10 this morning, feeling like I can do work, get things done, and felt happy and chipper- maybe this one cup of coffee thing is the way to go from here on out!

Was REALLLY exhausted after lunch, just super tired for whatever reason. I perked up a bit around 4 but was still very sluggish on my walk to and from the new place. Got a lot of walking in. Ate coconut flour about an hour after my meal, ths is the closest i've come to "snacking" in weeks, but I was still digesting and still very hungry, so i felt it was okay.
    Last edited by SLYNN86; 03-12-2013 at 10:02 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast