I'm on day 6 now of my primal experience. Up until last night everything was going exceptionally well. Last night: CRAZY CRAVINGS. I wanted pecan pie, I wanted to pour sugar right into my mouth from the sugar pourer. I wanted SUGAR.
To combat it, I first tried a fruit smoothie (pineapple, banana, strawberries, a tiny bit of yogurt). It worked for about 10 minutes. I'm not at home, and my host had a Almond Joy chocolate bar, which if nothing else is minimal on grains. Heavy on sugar. Helped for about 20 minutes. And then my body just went nuts, and i was pacing up and down and couldn't THINK. So I had a handful of pretzels my host had kicking around.
BAD idea. My stomach started paining me almost immediately, it was awful. That lasted a good 1/2 hour.
But I was STILL getting the crazy sugar thing.
I made bacon, and it stopped.

So, my guess is that the craving was related to grains? I know they convert into sugar quickly. A couple of friends who have gone primal suspect this is the case. Opinions? And what do you think I should do the next time this happens? (Bacon will not always be at hand, sadly!)