Thread: Enchiladas Suizas (Again) page

pjgh is offline Senior Member

Enchiladas Suizas (Again)

Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Shrove Tuesday, Fat Tuesday, Mardi Gras, Pancake Day ...

Whatever you call it, we just had it. We had a treat! Enchiladas Suizas.

Fusion food - Swiss Mexican. How cool?

Begin ... we need something for the filler. I made a beef mince and prawn stuffing with cauli rice. Back up! Minced beef and prawn? Yes! It works! Simply brown off some minced beef with chopped onion, garlic, chilli and ginger. Pour in some chopped tomato (not too much, say, half a carton to a pound of beef). Simmer on for a couple of hours. Pour in some small prawns which folks from the US might call shrimp.

Steam some cauli florets, crush with a fork and stir into the meat. This is the "rice".

Make up some manioc tortilla. Primal Soairse has the recipe on this forum, but it's something like a cup of manioc flour to four eggs to half a cup of grated parmesan. I hate parmesan, so used pecorino, a hard sheep cheese. This will make about 6-8 6" tortilla, so adjust accordingly.

Likewise, a pound on mince, a cup of prawns and a reasonable cauli will fill those 6-8.

Ready to get busy?

Stuff ... roll ...

... repeat ...

Now for the cheese sauce ...

Notice we don't need much. No need to go all neolithic and drown this great food in cheese; just a little will do just fine. I used a blend of mature and medium cheddar. Some. I don't measure, so don't know how much, so "some" will have to do as my explanation.

Cheese, grated, melted in single cream. No need for flour. No need for thickener. If you get the cheese to cream right, it works. Grated the cheese, then on a low heat add as little cream as you think you will get away with and only add more if you cannot get the cheese to melt without going hard them moment the pan is lifted off the stove.

Pour over ...

Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes at 180C (3...erm..60?F) ...

Serve ... eat ... enjoy!

Yes, inevitably, some of the filling falls out, so just heap it back up onto the plate.

I meant to say ... gotta love the dish! It's a neolithic artefact

geostump is online now Senior Member
    That actually looks too beautiful to eat!
    Georgette

Haha! Thank you, Georgette.