Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I'm feeling rather stuck. page 2

Ash877 is offline Member
    Primal Fuel
    Up your calories. If your BMR is around 1400 and you are only eating 1300, your body is going to think it is starving. Also, if you want to build muscle, you need more protein. I would say around 135 g a day. Protein is the main building block for muscle.

I would say go up to at least 1800 calories. I am guessing at 1300 and only 75 grams of protein, your body is taking away from the muscle as fast as you are building it. So work on eating more, especially the protein, I think you will be surprised at the extra energy you gain from it.

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    Thanks everyone, I'll definitely start getting more protein and up my calories too. I want to finish Zcut before I change anything about my exercise routine because I have a tendency to flip flop between types of exercise a lot and I never really stick to anything long enough to see if its working. I'm sure that is adding to my problem, but I think I'll get my calories in check then work on adding some different type of exercise.

sbhikes is offline Senior Member
    Some people recommend keeping the majority of carbs you eat around the time of your workout. So before and/or after. Then the rest of the time stay fairly low carb. Not low carb as in go nuts on fat and try to be ketogenic. More like before and after workouts, you have your potatoes with your veggies and meat and the rest of the time you just have your veggies and meat.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Current squat: 180 x 2. Current Deadlift: 230 x 2

ErinF is offline Senior Member
    That sounds like a great idea, I really only want to eat carbs around workout time anyway so that would make it a bit easier to keep track of things. If I do things on a semi planned schedule I do a lot better than if I dont.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12