Thread: Primal baby breakfast page

Bisous is offline Senior Member

Primal baby breakfast

Primal Fuel
    My one year old drank all of her whole milk and ate all of her orange and chicken. She's left the smattering of purely-os (organic cheerios) behind on her tray. That's my girl....

rabbidchicken69 is offline Senior Member
    my one year olds primal baby breakfast day consisted of half a bananna three quarters of an egg scrambled in some butter and about ten oz. of breast milk. Too bad for grok his wife didn't have a breast pump.

kimmie is offline Senior Member
    My husband is in charge of breakfast for our two year old because I'm already at work by the time he gets up. Normally he makes him eggs scrambled in butter and a piece of bacon. Sometime he'll have ham instead or fruit and yogurt. It's rare for him to get anything with grains unless he's somewhere like the grandparents house.

spearchick is offline Member
    I love this thread...please post more of your baby meals! My daughter just turned a year old and she's doing a good job eating meat and veggies...the fruit she's on and off with (sometimes she LOVE strawberries and sometimes not so much). It's funny...last night I told my husband I think she actually prefers the REAL stuff as opposed to the packaged "toddler" meals that you can buy at the grocery store. She had chicken and veggies on her plate last night and then I added some of those pasta pick ups ( I know...just started PB, so we are getting there!)...she ate like 2 of the pasta things and ALL of the chicken and veggies!

Question - since she is a year old now, can I start giving her eggs?

We introduced eggs at one year based on our pediatrician's recommendation (and since none of us have any history of egg allergy).

I posted our breakfast ideas above but here are some other things he normally eats in a day:

Lunch
    Meat and veggie soup (ie. chicken, chicken broth and a ton of veggies or beef, beef broth and a ton of veggies) - we usually make a huge batch, puree (he still prefers his soups smooth) and freeze in ice cube trays. For lunch, just plop a few in a bowl and microwave.
    Leftover meat from the night before + veggie or fruit

Snacks
    Olives
    Almonds (he's obsessed with them)
    Cheese
    Yogurt
    Fruit
    Raw veggies with dip (usually a homemade salad dressing)

Dinner
    Whatever we're eating which is normally a grilled meat plus grilled veggies. His favs are chicken or steak and grilled asparagus.

He doesn't eat totally primal, although he pretty much does when he's at home because that's how I eat (and dh for the most part too). At preschool or when he's visiting the grandparents, I just ask that they not feed him a bunch of junk food but don't insist that they understand and try to follow the primal way of eating. Today the grandparents came by and picked him up and took him to Chuck E. Cheese. They didn't feed him there but instead packed bowls of apples, almonds and cheese sticks to take with them so he could eat before and after. I wasn't even here to help them select those things and they managed to make some decent choices

rabbidchicken69 is offline Senior Member
    @spearchick

don't feel too bad just chalk it up to the %20 my daughter is eating some spaghetti right now for lunch, she doesn't eat that stuff everyday though mind you, most days it's fruits or berries accompied by meat my gf found some diced apples that are packed in white grape juice that are in the toddler foods section my daughter loves that stuff. but most days she eats fresh fruits like banannas and she loves blueberries and strawberries and fresh apples if i cut them in little pieces. But another one of her favs is when i make brussel sprouts after i have fried them in some grease and they have cooled down i will pull the outer leaves off.

Question - since she is a year old now, can I start giving her eggs?[/QUOTE]

Bisous is offline Senior Member
    Primal baby lunch - organic ground turkey and swiss chard and whole milk (organic with algae DHA - same stuff the fish eat to get high in omega3). She weaned herself at 10 months, so I did mix her milk with the ghastly powdered formula for a while, but no longer. GOBBLED it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Bisous View Post
    Primal baby lunch - organic ground turkey and swiss chard and whole milk (organic with algae DHA - same stuff the fish eat to get high in omega3). She weaned herself at 10 months, so I did mix her milk with the ghastly powdered formula for a while, but no longer. GOBBLED it up.
    How did you prepare/serve the chard? Did you season the turkey? My chard is coming in the garden now but my son hasn't had any yet. That sounds like a good meal for him so I might try to mimic your prep.