Thread: Adjusting food for female body building. page

Dotty Byrd is offline Junior Member

Adjusting food for female body building.

Primal Fuel
    Hi, I've been quite happy following Paleo for several months and lost 2 stone but my weight loss has stalled for a couple of months now although I have lost inches and become more muscular. I still have a stone of fat to lose though and it's not happening. I walk 4 miles a day with the dog, another 3-4 hours per week on various gym cardio and follow a typical split for body building 4 days a week. I have done this before but on a typical high protein low fat diet so I'm wondering if I need to cut the fat a bit. Typical days food - Scrambled eggs with coconut oil and cream and then 2 meals of fish or meat with veg both cooked with ghee or coconut oil. Occasional glass of wine. 4 coffees with goats milk and coconul oil. I cannot tolerate any protein shakes bars or other supplements. I'm 50 although I'm not sure that makes any difference. Any constructive help appreciated.
    Last edited by Dotty Byrd; 02-13-2013 at 09:35 AM.

paleodutch is offline Senior Member
    have you tried reducing the cardio a bit? on top of the body building it might be to much, check marks blog on over exercising

Dotty Byrd is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I'm aware that I don't eat enough for the exercise that I do but I don't feel hungry enough to eat more. The dog walking is only a brisk walk essential for well being so I thought I might need the cardio while I'm aiming to lose weight. I'll check out the over exercising blog. Thanks.