Thread: Primal Journal page

wildandfree is offline Junior Member

Talking Primal Journal

Primal Fuel
    OK am trying to keep a journal on here in the hope that it will keep me motivated and, even better, encourage others.

Daily seems like overkill so I'm gonna try to make a weekly update part of my saturday rituals.

Right now am on week 2 but f***ed up big last week, drinking about 5-6 beers one night and indulging frequently, so will try to track binges from here on to stay on top of it better.

Right now am at 225 lbs with 40-45 to lose - first milestone is to lose 1/2 of that amount (i.e. 22lbs) by the start of May 2013.

At the moment a typical day is:
    • [a super shake (2 scoops whey, 1/2 banana, handful of spinach, 4-5 almonds) and espresso for breakfast]
      [a BEAT salad (tomato, avocado, bacon and eggs with olive oil and lemon juice) for lunch]
      [1 oz nuts, dark chocolate and 4-5 dates mid-afternoon]
      [dinner typically chili, steak and veg or the ocassional meal out with my S.O. (shish tawouq chicken kebabs with hommous, vegetables and a small grain side - trying to cut this out, even after workouts)]

For workouts, I am on week 2 of Chris Lopez' TT Kettlebell Revolution and really enjoying it - getting better and stronger with each workout - highly recommended, with (usually daily) casual walks thrown in - barefoot on the beach, nike frees or chuck taylors on the concrete.

Much love and grok on!

wildandfree is offline Junior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Oh, almost forgot, daily 20 mins meditation and foam rolling a couple of times per week has been great for clearing my mind and relieving muscle tension, too, even if it doesn't count as exercise!