Thread: Hi from Dubai! page

wildandfree is offline Junior Member

Cool Hi from Dubai!

Primal Fuel
    Hey what's up I read The Primal Blueprint a while back and loved it, went through periodic depression and moved countries (I'm British) and am now committing to moving towards an (at least 80%) primal lifestyle.

I love the vibe of this forum so I hope I can get involved, start a journal and try to support others in their quests for greater health, happiness and fulfilment!

itchy166 is offline Senior Member
    Welcome to the forums. Good luck with your Primal journey.
    "It's a great life, if you don't weaken.". John Buchan

katiepotato is offline Member
    Hi Wildandfree - another Primal Brit in Dubai here, there don't seem to be many of us around! Have been following PB since June 2012 and loving it, have lost 14kgs (about 30lbs) and am so much fitter, healthier and more energetic. It's the right time of year to be out there enjoying the sunshine now too :-)

Welcome and good luck, if I can help with any local Primal tips let me know

wildandfree is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by katiepotato View Post
    Hi Wildandfree - another Primal Brit in Dubai here, there don't seem to be many of us around! Have been following PB since June 2012 and loving it, have lost 14kgs (about 30lbs) and am so much fitter, healthier and more energetic. It's the right time of year to be out there enjoying the sunshine now too :-)

Welcome and good luck, if I can help with any local Primal tips let me know
    14kgs in 8 months? That's very impressive - do you workout in a gym or follow the bodyweight stuff prescribed in the book?

katiepotato is offline Member
    PrimalCon New York
    A bit of both - I work out with my DH and we include body weight exercises as well as barbells. After years of being a Body Pump devotee I decided to give heavier lifting a go via 5x5, and needed the structure of a gym for that. I also play netball and try to get a paddleboarding session in every other weekend or so.

The food has been the major source of change though - as other posters say, abs are made in the kitchen! (Not that I have visible abs yet, but I'm working on it....)