Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: 45+ Ladies - Has it been harder for you to lose on PB? page 8

Pebbles67 is online now Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Louisa655 View Post
    In my personal view, one of the problems on the MDA site is the 'fat women/men' who have made it their job to lord over others and share their experiences. I use the Eat More Fat string on MDA. My God....these perio-meno women are overweight, have been members for years, and espouse knowledge like it was the drinking fountain in Rome. How about getting your fat asses off the computer -- get thee self to a gym or cross fit, and spend less time espousing what you think you know to the rest of us who are do'ers. I think it is more challenging for senior women to lose the weight, and gain an enviable shape -- but it's not impossible. Adopt the primal rules -- sleep, exercise, reduce stress, EAT LESS overall and stop spending hours on these forums by starting your own strings of 'favourite primal pizza and home made bread'.

I'm just about bored of these forums because I'm tired of the same old, overweight women espousing their excuses on why they are not successful: I'm a binger; I love chocolate too much; I drink too much; I had 3 birthday parties this weekend and on and on the excuses go.

If you want to be thin, lean, fit and healthy -- just do it and get off these forums and go walk. It's frustrating and sad to see so many people think that their success lies in the 'group hug's on the forum.

Okay --- go ahead -- burn me now. I don't care --- just grabbing my bag to get out to my cross fit class. Carry on!
    Congratulations Louisa655, You are the first person in my 3 years on MDA to ever make me cry. I am the OP of the Eat More Fat threads. You know nothing of my life and the challenges I have faced. For the record I work out as hard at my gym as you do in your cross fit box. I have been faithful to the tenets of the Primal life. I happen to have a binge eating disorder that has interfered with fully realizing my goals

I have never attacked anyone on these forums and was very upset that Choco was jumped on for imparting information based on his research and what has worked for him. A lot of what he says works for me too. I am doing the same thing in the EMF threads-sharing knowledge based on my research and n=1 experience. Maybe because I am still fat, no one should listen to me.

I know that I should not have responded to this post because I have now made myself a target and possibly brought unwanted attention to the EMF thread. Unfortunately, I was taught to stand up to bullies.
    Paula Primal since 9/24/2010
    "Our greatest foes, and whom we must chiefly combat, are within." Miguel de Cervantes

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
    MFP username: MDAPebbles67

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    I have never attacked anyone on these forums and was very upset that Choco was jumped on for imparting information based on his research
    Yal I dont know why anyone has to attack anyone. Information was shared. Take it or leave it, but no reason to get nasty about it.

We are all on our own journeys. Primal can mean different things to different people. I dont know why it seems to be lumped into categories, like those High Fat people or those High carb people. And I venture to say that a "high carb" primal is NOTHING compared to SAD. My carbs are all good carbs. Nothing processed, so I feel good about what I am eating.

I feel that if we can tweak or experiment in order to find our way, kudos to us. I know some ppl say, just eat. And yes I agree, but I also have specific goals and if I can tweak the macros a little one way or the other and reach those goals quicker, then why not.

Anyways, this thread was of interest to me, because it sounded like OP was having trouble losing weight & I got the impression due to the higher fat nature of Primal. There are plenty of threads that talk about High Fat, which isn't my program at the moment, so this thread appealed to me. It took a nose dive very quickly, not sure why and it looks like those comments have since been removed, but the information provided herein is great. If something else is working for a person then great, disregard it.
    Last edited by gopintos; 02-14-2013 at 10:27 AM.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

drjoyous is offline Senior Member
    Congratulations on your success so far, Pebbles67! And keep standing up to bullies!

loves walking is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post

I have never attacked anyone on these forums and was very upset that Choco was jumped on for imparting information based on his research and what has worked for him. A lot of what he says works for me too.
    Pebbles: Thanks for saying this I felt the same way. And congrats on all that you have done. You have come a long ways........

Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry H View Post
    Great post Chocotaco. It'll be more fun if Paleobird wd. drop by this thread. I can just imagine thepotential calorie-burning then.
    I actually totally agree with Chaco about calories. I just find it hilarious that he acts like he invented calorie counting when he fought me tooth and nail about it on my calorie counting thread back in the day. But I'm glad he figured it out.

Also no argument that dropping the excess fat can help keep the calories down. It worked for me. (Also on the calorie counting threads).

I think lifting weights is wonderful exercise and that senior lifting lady is awesome.

But, of course, I'm with cori that the carb/fat levels are an individual thing and that HFLC does serve a medicinal purpose to someone trying to get their hunger signaling mechanism sorted out and functioning right.

And Louisa, way to be a douche, girl. I post on the EMF thread. I have lost all 65lbs that I needed to and climb mountains. Does that make me enough of a "do'er" for you?

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    I'm seeing some recommendations for "starting strength", and while I generally like the program its not for everyone (for example osteoperosis and dead lifts/squats do not do well together). It is a bit tougher to learn to perform some of the lifts and there is definitely more risk of injury if not performed correctly. Most of us (yes I us...) have some old injuries or other issues we need to work around. Machines are perfectly acceptable for building strength. You can stick to the compound joint movements on machines just as well as on free weights.

A couple of good books on this are Body by Science and Congruent Exercise
    The former is a program of lifting while the latter is more about biomechanics of joints and making strength training easier (read safer) on them.

I alternate deadlifts and weighted body movements like chins and dips one day with a BBS routine later in the week. But I did BBS alone for quite some time and when I came back to the free weights was still stronger. Muscle is muscle.

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gopintos View Post

I use to go for an hour trail ride and pack food like I was going to be out in the wilderness for two weeks. Now, I never give "snacks" a second thought. I don't wake up thinking about breakfast, or during the middle of the night like I did before. I don't get grouchy or cranky if I get hungry. DH and I can hop on the Harley and just go, and not worry about when/how we are going to eat.

I don't know that that would have happened the same on the CW way of dieting.
    This really spoke to me. I was so the same way about taking snacks with me, lol.. Like I would never see food again.
    It really is wonderful to have the feeling of control over food instead of the other way around.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    This thread is hilarious. I just finished reading all the EMF threads, and my jeans are falling off my hips. But I guess I'm doing it wrong and should be hammering the protein and carbs while restricting fat intake, because I guess post-menopausal women must need CW. I will make a note of that if I get fat again.

14emom is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eKatherine View Post
    This thread is hilarious. I just finished reading all the EMF threads, and my jeans are falling off my hips. But I guess I'm doing it wrong and should be hammering the protein and carbs while restricting fat intake, because I guess post-menopausal women must need CW. I will make a note of that if I get fat again.
    Did you really read this whole thread? Because if you did, you wouldn't respond in the way that you did, no one claimed what you said in this thread (that you're doing something wrong if you eat really high fat.) If you can eat a high percentage of fat, and get the results you are getting, that is awesome! That just doesn't work for all. The common theme in this thread is that primal has many different variations. Some higher in fat than others. And who said anything about CW? Maybe you're just joking, it's hard to tell when you're reading what someone is thinking and not hearing it. But you sound a little sarcastic.

eKatherine is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by 14emom View Post
    Did you really read this whole thread? Because if you did, you wouldn't respond in the way that you did, no one claimed what you said in this thread (that you're doing something wrong if you eat really high fat.) If you can eat a high percentage of fat, and get the results you are getting, that is awesome! That just doesn't work for all. The common theme in this thread is that primal has many different variations. Some higher in fat than others. And who said anything about CW? Maybe you're just joking, it's hard to tell when you're reading what someone is thinking and not hearing it. But you sound a little sarcastic.
    Perhaps it has to do with what I read more than once in this thread, that post-menopausal women who are eating high fat are slathering it on in addition to everything else they have been eating, while sitting on their fat asses on their couches. I know what works for me, and I have read I should never ever do those things.

Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast