Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast

Thread: 45+ Ladies - Has it been harder for you to lose on PB? page 14

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    I havent listened to this yet, I have slow internet and with company here, 9 ppl with their gadgets going... so anyways, I have no idea what it says, but might find something of interest.

Stefani Ruper of Paleo for Women interviewed PHD.
    Three New Podcasts | Perfect Health Diet

Oh, found this also.

http://www.paleoforwomen.com/do-you-...low-carb-show/
    Last edited by gopintos; 02-16-2013 at 11:11 AM.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

Dancer is offline Junior Member
    As a 70 year old I applaud the elderly lady lifting weights. As you get older everything gets harder and she should be admired For making the effort. Being patronised by those younger is one of the worst things about getting to be in the latter part of your life.

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    ^^that is the most awesome illegal activity advertising ever^^
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    My first time reporting a post... Yay!!!

JudyCr is offline Senior Member
    Me too

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cori93437 View Post
    ^^that is the most awesome illegal activity advertising ever^^
    meh dohn meen toh taak peeeessssss buh woh is deeezz selling ???????

as in what the hell are tracks and dumps etc ???????
    Last edited by NZ primal Gwamma; 02-16-2013 at 06:53 PM.
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

cori93437 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NZ primal Gwamma View Post
    meh dohn meen toh taak peeeessssss buh woh is deeezz selling ???????

as in what the hell are tracks and dumps etc ???????
    Tracks and dumps...
    Dude is selling stolen credit card account info.
    Or at least claiming to be selling that information.
    Seriously.
    “You have your way. I have my way. As for the right way, the correct way, and the only way, it does not exist.”
    ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    And that's why I'm here eating HFLC Primal/Paleo.

Neckhammer is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sakura_girl View Post
    I think most people eat also plant-based foods, which mainly contain carbs and protein, in order to naturally balance out their meals. I couldn't personally eat like you days on end, but more power to you!
    Oh, that isn't all that I eat either. I was just pointing out that there are lots of animal choices that are quite high in fat. I personally chose these pieces of meat for that reason. I don't have to add fat to my meals cause I can cook these very fatty meats over a bed of veggies or even tators and just let them suck up all that animal fat. It's my preference and IMO likely to emulate how many a society put those fat calories to good use. I may only eat 100g of carbs/day on average, but that is just my own take on eating real food (i.e. Primal). I work out very hard for like a half hour max 3-4x/week and don't burn up a ton of glycogen though. I LOVE BUTTER....but I use my animal fats that are from cooking cause I also practice forms of self sufficiency and efficient uses of all parts of the animal.

Anyway, something I just noticed is this for the ladies and choco here....

100g/carbs = 400 calories This is 25% of a 1600 calorie diet. Close enough to choco's talk of a 3 way split for me to just say meh..... he is really railing against nothing. Coulda actually just said "follow the PB" and would have been making the same recs. Just repackaged it with his percentages and talk of a caloric deficit while the PB is put in terms of grams. Really its close enough for me.

Lift heavy things, move frequently at a slow pace, sprint once in a while. Keep to real foods and watch excess carbs. Your likely to end up eating under the primal carb curve *gasp*. Or in terms for the choco group that would be eating at about a three way split of macro's (probably slightly less carbs) while maintaining a caloric deficit.

gopintos is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Neckhammer View Post
    Oh, that isn't all that I eat either. I was just pointing out that there are lots of animal choices that are quite high in fat. I personally chose these pieces of meat for that reason. I don't have to add fat to my meals cause I can cook these very fatty meats over a bed of veggies or even tators and just let them suck up all that animal fat. It's my preference and IMO likely to emulate how many a society put those fat calories to good use. I may only eat 100g of carbs/day on average, but that is just my own take on eating real food (i.e. Primal). I work out very hard for like a half hour max 3-4x/week and don't burn up a ton of glycogen though. I LOVE BUTTER....but I use my animal fats that are from cooking cause I also practice forms of self sufficiency and efficient uses of all parts of the animal.

Anyway, something I just noticed is this for the ladies and choco here....

100g/carbs = 400 calories This is 25% of a 1600 calorie diet. Close enough to choco's talk of a 3 way split for me to just say meh..... he is really railing against nothing. Coulda actually just said "follow the PB" and would have been making the same recs. Just repackaged it with his percentages and talk of a caloric deficit while the PB is put in terms of grams. Really its close enough for me.

Lift heavy things, move frequently at a slow pace, sprint once in a while. Keep to real foods and watch excess carbs. Your likely to end up eating under the primal carb curve *gasp*. Or in terms for the choco group that would be eating at about a three way split of macro's (probably slightly less carbs) while maintaining a caloric deficit.
    I agree with most, however if it were as simple as saying, just follow PB, then we wouldn't need this forum at all. But when you follow it, and it doesnt work, then what. OP was asking, now what?

Maybe it is close enough to a 3 way split to you, but it wasn't in my mind - but I am not as smart as the rest here. I needed it tweaked from the normal PB. 50-60% fat is a long ways from 33% in my mind - or even the 40% PHD suggests. This is more about the FAT, than the carbs so every little percentage, or increments of 5 and 10% matter when you have specific goals like fat loss.

And I know PB is not low carb but it reads that way especially on the forum. It is like if you aren't HFLC you are doing it all wrong. So after reading all the threads of HFLC, & trying even higher than 60% fat, fat loss came screeching to a halt. So that 75-80% is a helluva long ways from the 33-40% recommended for women of a certain age for Fat Loss. Now we are talking twice as much fat as I needed. It was time to find something else and not feel like such a freak of PB nature because HFLC didnt work for me.

50-60% did work for me. About 4 -5 lbs per month. But I have learned that even lower fat works even better.

I am glad HFLC works for those it works for & I know there are reasons it works, this is not about that. There is a whole 'nother group where it might not work the same, or as well. Ppl say just eat primal. That is all good and fine but what is the sin in wanting to eat the same primal foods, but just in different macros by design and reach goal a little bit sooner.

This is nothing new for the "Choco Group". PHD wrote about it 2 years ago, and I am sure he was not the first, but it is lower than the normal paleo/pb/phd. And he is higher fat normally, just not for weight loss especially for women in this age group. (again not talking any other medical issues) I feel good about following PHD because I feel it has Mark's stamp of approval.
    Last edited by gopintos; 02-17-2013 at 10:40 AM.
    65lbs gone and counting!!

Fat 2 Fit - One Woman's Journey

JBailey is offline Senior Member
    I'm 46 and after trying various degrees of primal for almost a year, find that sucking down buttered coffee and adding coconut oil to everything just doesn't help. The basics of primal are a good starting point for me though, and if all I took away from PB was losing grains and sugar, I'm still much better off than before.

I find that adding back a few healthy carbs helps, as long as I don't let them creep up. If I am eating fairly clean most of the week, potatoes in some form twice a week or so help me drop a little weight. But the same amount of wheat product can set me back a lot. Same goes for beer.

I eat dairy in the form of cream in my coffee, kefir smoothies, butter for cooking, and cheese. Again, if I'm eating clean, dairy seems to help more than not.

I've fallen off the wagon over the past few months, but plan to start using fitday again, at least until I get back in tune with what I eat. A few weeks of keeping track and I tend to find my groove. The 3-way split ends up being pretty close, but best if my carbs are 75-100g.
    Seven Trees Farm - diversified subsistence farming on 1.25 acres.

Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 412131415 LastLast