Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 143

Thread: 45+ Ladies - Has it been harder for you to lose on PB? page 10

  1. #91
    Xeno's Avatar
    Xeno is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Jamestown, NC
    Posts
    9
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by Pebbles67 View Post
    Congratulations Louisa655, You are the first person in my 3 years on MDA to ever make me cry. I am the OP of the Eat More Fat threads. You know nothing of my life and the challenges I have faced. For the record I work out as hard at my gym as you do in your cross fit box. I have been faithful to the tenets of the Primal life. I happen to have a binge eating disorder that has interfered with fully realizing my goals

    I have never attacked anyone on these forums and was very upset that Choco was jumped on for imparting information based on his research and what has worked for him. A lot of what he says works for me too. I am doing the same thing in the EMF threads-sharing knowledge based on my research and n=1 experience. Maybe because I am still fat, no one should listen to me.

    I know that I should not have responded to this post because I have now made myself a target and possibly brought unwanted attention to the EMF thread. Unfortunately, I was taught to stand up to bullies.
    My fiancee and I have been reading the forums here (her more than me really) and decided to do the EMF thing. In the past month (2 weeks of which we have really tried to get more fat in our diet) she has lost 10lbs and I have lost nearly 20. Also, neither of us work out. It really does work... we feel fuller on less food... thus we don't binge eat.
    Louisa or whatever her name is... doesn't know what it is like to have a eating disorder and is completely ignorant. Brush that biatch off and do what works for you.

  2. #92
    ChocoTaco369's Avatar
    ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Narberth, PA
    Posts
    5,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeno View Post
    My fiancee and I have been reading the forums here (her more than me really) and decided to do the EMF thing. In the past month (2 weeks of which we have really tried to get more fat in our diet) she has lost 10lbs and I have lost nearly 20. Also, neither of us work out. It really does work... we feel fuller on less food... thus we don't binge eat.
    Louisa or whatever her name is... doesn't know what it is like to have a eating disorder and is completely ignorant. Brush that biatch off and do what works for you.
    Let me ask you this: are you eating more fat - isolated oils and high fat foods like nuts, bacon and chocolate - or are you eating more meat and vegetables?
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

  3. #93
    sbhikes's Avatar
    sbhikes is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Santa Barbara
    Posts
    9,946
    Louisa does tend to be pretty judgmental. When I was younger I didn't believe all the older women who said "just you wait until you are 40." Well, I turned 40 a while back and wow, they were right: my arms are too short (can't see for shit) and cardio doesn't work anymore.

    As for my advice on lifting, the SS book says add 10lbs every session. I think 5 for lower body is plenty for a woman and 2.5 or even 1 is plenty for upper-body lifts. It only works if you add more weight every session so you have to do whatever it takes, even if it's only 1lb more it's still more.

    It's totally the fountain of youth. You can judge my appearance all you want, but I feel energized, vital, young, strong, happy, joyful, awake and alive. I feel younger than I did when I was a teenager. At my age, I do what makes me feel good. I let my looks take care of themselves. People are way more attracted to and nicer toward people who radiate happiness and a vibrant aliveness.
    Female, 5'3", 49, Starting weight: 163lbs. Current weight: 135 (more or less).
    Starting squat: 45lbs. Heaviest squat: 180 x 2. Heaviest Deadlift: 230 x 2

  4. #94
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by ChocoTaco369 View Post
    Let me ask you this: are you eating more fat - isolated oils and high fat foods like nuts, bacon and chocolate - or are you eating more meat and vegetables?
    Chaco, just give it a rest, OK? It works for a lot of people. Why is that so hard for you to accept? You keep insisting on painting anyone eating a HFLC diet as swilling bottles of olive oil. That is just not happening anywhere other than your imagination. Puuhleeze.

  5. #95
    Nivanthe's Avatar
    Nivanthe is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    475
    I feel like the forum has become predominantly HFLC, and that going over 50g carbs is a kind of primal blasphemy -- with the exception of the Potato threads.

    In my opinion, Choco* is trying to bring it back to simply eating whole foods. There's so much micromanaging and it seems to infect every thread, confusing newcomers -- and let's face it, everyone can stay to stay off the forums for the first few months, but lots are desperate enough to tweak things they shouldn't have to and get an information overload.

    *Random, but since i've joined, I've always wondered if that A in Chaco is added to annoy him more, or if it's a subconscious combo of Choco + Taco ... like "brunch".

  6. #96
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    That is just not happening anywhere other than your imagination. Puuhleeze.
    Ah, I thought I must be imagining the folks taking shots of tasteless oil and adding butter, coconut oil, and other such things to their coffee. Whew.


    And yes, it does work for a lot of people, and I am not knocking it or them. Yet, let's not pretend that there are not some (many) adding oil/butter/etc to things just for macros-sake.

  7. #97
    Paleobird's Avatar
    Paleobird Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by canio6 View Post
    Ah, I thought I must be imagining the folks taking shots of tasteless oil and adding butter, coconut oil, and other such things to their coffee. Whew.


    And yes, it does work for a lot of people, and I am not knocking it or them. Yet, let's not pretend that there are not some (many) adding oil/butter/etc to things just for macros-sake.
    The people doing oil shots are doing the Shangri-La thing on some idea that it will adjust your "setpoint". IMO, that is not a great way to do it but whatever floats yer boat. I totally agree with Chaco's OFT stated mantra of "eat real foods". Who doesn't? And I have also spoken out to say that BP coffee may be great for sherpas working long hard hours in sub freezing temps but for desk jockeys, it might not be a good idea if overdone.

    My point was that Chaco keeps creating this strawman of some oil guzzling ideology to rail against when many HFLC folks such as me do eat real foods.

  8. #98
    canio6's Avatar
    canio6 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    My point was that Chaco keeps creating this strawman of some oil guzzling ideology to rail against when many HFLC folks such as me do eat real foods.
    I understand completly. My point was that the added oil tendencies of some are easy to use as a detraction from HFLC. Not that this makes what they are doing wrong. It just doesn't float my boat. Thankfully n=1 is alive and well

  9. #99
    ChocoTaco369's Avatar
    ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Narberth, PA
    Posts
    5,627
    Quote Originally Posted by Paleobird View Post
    Chaco, just give it a rest, OK? It works for a lot of people. Why is that so hard for you to accept? You keep insisting on painting anyone eating a HFLC diet as swilling bottles of olive oil. That is just not happening anywhere other than your imagination. Puuhleeze.
    It doesn't work for the reasons why people think it works, so it matters. Sometimes, it's not enough to just do something. Sometimes, people want to know why it works. I assume that's why people come to the forums - they're not satisfied with the finite information in the book and they want to dig deeper.

    I don't think you understand what a high fat diet is. A truly high fat diet - 60-70% calories from fat - isn't exactly natural. You can't do that without supplementing with oils and higher fat processed foods (shredded coconut, coconut milk, nut butters, etc). If you actually just eat without thinking, you'll probably fall in the 40% range. Is 40% calories from fat high fat? Maybe compared to AHA guidelines, but IMO it's pretty moderate.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

  10. #100
    ChocoTaco369's Avatar
    ChocoTaco369 is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Narberth, PA
    Posts
    5,627
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Quote Originally Posted by Nivanthe View Post
    *Random, but since i've joined, I've always wondered if that A in Chaco is added to annoy him more, or if it's a subconscious combo of Choco + Taco ... like "brunch".
    I probably have this same username spread over 20 different forums over the past 15 years and without fail there are always lots of people that throw that "a" in there. I don't know where it comes from. There must be a common form of dyslexia or something that is very widespread. I barely even notice anymore.

    The funny thing is I've never had a Choco Taco in my life. I've always wanted to try one...maybe I should just give in.
    Don't put your trust in anyone on this forum, including me. You are the key to your own success.

Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •