Thread: Hello from Scotland

Hello from Scotland

Shop Now
    Started by reading Mark's book a few weeks ago then decided to dive into this primal living lark. Its going well so far. Weight is dropping off and there are side benefits. I get sore joints now and again (decades of kung fu are to blame), but since switching diet these have ceased, also my acid reflux is but a distant memory. The worst part so far has been eating out. I work away from home a couple of nights per week and menus are severly restricted when you take out the grains. Its worth sticking with it though, if I keep losing weight I can start rock climbing again

Quote Originally Posted by Calidris View Post
    The worst part so far has been eating out.
    I have found restaurants to be quite helpful when I ask to say substitute some mushrooms instead of potatoes, or something along those lines. I even had one place that replaced bread with onions fried in butter as a side order to go with my main meal of steak and spinach.
    Why use a sledge hammer to crack a nut when a steam roller is even more effective, and, is fun to drive.

You just gotta know where to go out to eat...
    I dont find it that hard & even when we go somewhere that's "not so primal friendly" its usually not that hard to get them to leave off the bun etc.

well unless your frequenting McD;s and the like... im not even sure the lettuce is really lettuce there
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/

<splutters> frequenting McD's?!? Outside with you Sir! I have been asking restaurants to swop items and they have been good. Last night instead of chips with my steak I had salad. It was just when looking through the menu and thinking 'cant have this, cant have that' a lot. Nigel - I'll try asking for mushrooms next time!
    Cheers.

Learn More
    Quote Originally Posted by Calidris View Post
    <splutters> frequenting McD's?!? Outside with you Sir!
    Well there's some taste bud deficient weirdos out there so you never know.. & thats "Madam" tah you!

Thinking that if you ask nicely they might even combine plates for you, so if you see a couple different Primal dishes but there all seperate plates, ask if you can get X from plate A and Z from plate B...... also check the sides.. sometimes there's some nice stuff in there, Coleslaw is good with steak,,, actually.. steak is good with steak....
    Every time I hear the dirty word 'exercise', I wash my mouth out with chocolate.

http://primaldog.blogspot.co.uk/