Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you meet your significant other? page

YogaBare is offline Senior Member

How did you meet your significant other?

I hate chick flicks and rom coms... but I love a good love story

Any cool stories to share of how you met your partner? (You don't need to be still with them).
    Last edited by YogaBare; 02-13-2013 at 10:27 AM.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Ayla2010 is offline Senior Member
    ICQ chat, then we chatted on the phone for a while, then he came over to my house, and had dinner with my mother and step-father LOL. He stayed that night, and then we went away together for a week, and I kinda just moved in LOL.
    Its been nearly 11 years now

inesenite is offline Senior Member
    Met online, chatted for a couple of months, then met properly on a "blind date" in Paris. It was first visit to Paris for both of us - he came from Britain, myself - from Sweden, and 1 hr after he met me at the station with a red rose, we were up the sparkly Eiffel tower How cheesy is that?
    It was 7 years ago next week.

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    We went to the same high school. Shared some friends, but didn't speak much. I was too shy & depressed, he wasn't interested in socializing with anyone outside of established friends. We re-met just over 3 years ago over Thanksgiving break (I was in my senior year of college, he had just gotten out of the Army) & hit it off instantly. The first 6 months at least was us constantly finding things we have in common. It's slowed a bit, but hasn't really stopped. We were only seeing each other for a month before we decided to date "officially", since we'd both been in relationships just before (well kind of during) the time that we re-met. Then we accidentally fell in love.

Now we're engaged .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Curing IBS-C with Vitamin C and magnesium citrate.

naiadknight is online now Senior Member
    Which time?
    THe first time, I was dating someone else and we ended up sitting next to each other in a CAD class in college, thanks to alphabetical by last name seating. I mentioned hating Windows XP (This was before the horrors of Vista, 7, and 8) and we hit it off. We ended up spending most of the "lab time" talking and doing homework for other engineering classes. We went our separate ways after the semester, I figured I'd never see him again.
    The second time, I had recently gotten out of a abusive relationship and then tried to date a man I consider to be my brother. I wasn't interested in dating. We ended up in a statistics class together and I sat by him because he was the only face I recognized. We started doing the same thing as back in CAD class- go to class, hang out after class until it was time to split and go to another class. Then we started hanging out damn near constantly. At one point, after spending the last 50 hours together, shy of classes, we ended up watch a Robin Williams show I had. I ended up n his lap and we started making out. I said something to the effect of "I guess this means we're dating?" "Yep." That was 5.5 years ago, and we've now been married for 3 years and change.
    "No fate but what we make"- Sarah Connor, Terminator 2
    Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, steak in one hand, chocolate in the other, yelling "Holy F***, What a Ride!"
    My Primal Battle Tome

MissJecka is offline Senior Member
    We met freshman year of college while I was still dating my prom date from high school. Apparently he thought I was a bitch at first because when we'd be hanging out with our group of friends, I was usually ignoring the group and on the phone with my [now ex-]boyfriend. But, he liked the fact that I was an attractive female engineering student! Eventually I broke my ex's heart and started dating my new guy. Yeah, my 17 year old self probably was a bitch! Anyway, 9 and a half years later my ex still hates me and I'm still with my boyfriend.
    >> Current Stats: 90% Primal / 143 lbs / ~25% BF
    >> Goal (by 1 Jan 2014): 90% Primal / 135-ish pounds / 20-22% BF

>> Upcoming Fitness Feats: Tough Mudder, June 2013
    >> Check out my super-exciting journal by clicking these words.

Weight does NOT equal health -- ditch the scale, don't be a slave to it!

oh man... she was my boss at a place i worked about 10 years ago. i rather enjoyed having a hot boss. i remember telling a buddy of mine that i was "having a hard time not, um, *sleeping with* my boss." pretty funny stuff. she and i started hanging out a lot outside of work. one thing lead to another, and we started dating. it was against company policy, so i actually left and found another job. we've been together since then

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    It was the first lab day for my rescue diver class; she was in the year ahead of me and was there helping the instructors as part of her instructor course. She dove into the lagoon to demonstrate towing and rescue breathing -- she looked so natural in the water; as comfortable as I felt. Nobody else I had met in real life looked like I felt when swimming. She climbed the ladder out of the cool morning salt water and whipped her long wet curly mane back and forth...man, it hit me like she was an asteroid and my single life was a doomed species of dinosaur. I asked her out to dinner for valentines day 2 weeks later. That'll be 10years ago tomorrow.

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Aww... witness the cuteness!

Quote Originally Posted by specsAreGrok View Post
    she was an asteroid and my single life was a doomed species of dinosaur.
    This is the stuff Simpson's quotes are made of... (and I mean that as the highest possible compliment)
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

Beachgirl is offline Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    At a college basketball game. I knew what his name was and that was all. He was sitting there all alone so I went over and sat down with him. We hit it off and went for drinks and have been married for 40 years. He has never let me forget that "he was just sitting there and I started it all." LOL!

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast