Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: How did you meet your significant other? page 8

Primal Fuel
    True story:

I was a detective and she was a deputy coroner. At a scene where the deceased had been down for at least three weeks in a hot apartment, we were kneeling on either side of the body, collecting pupae for analysis. (Entomology) Our gloved hands reached for the same pupae and touched. We both looked up over the rotting flesh and smiled at each other....it was magic!! A few days later she hand delivered the autopsy report to me and I asked her out.

Yes, we still have VERY interesting conversations, even after 11 years of marriage!
    Heaviest: 1-22-2012 = 203 lbs, of being skinny fat, beginning PB
    Current: = 182 lbs. 14% body fat.
    Goal: 175 lbs. was made in April 2013.

LauraSB is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncephalized View Post
    We are each other's first and only and like it that way.
    Yes, there is something magical about that. DH and I were 24 when we met, so it was too late for us, but after 26 years with one person, you realize the very limited value of that prior "experience".
    50yo, 5'3"
    SW-195
    CW-125, part calorie counting, part transition to primal
    GW- Goals are no longer weight-related

marthat is offline Senior Member
    We are each other's first and only and like it that way.
    Us too. And we survived 7 years of long distance romance. Don't feel like I missed out on anything!

smilingjustalittlebit is offline Senior Member
    Met my lady at a Crossfit class just over a year ago. She was using a step to get up to the pullup bar, which i kicked out of the way to give myself some room. Her first words to me were "did you kick my step?" I was instantly drawn to her, checked her out on facebook, chatted back and forth for a few days, went hillwalking one Sunday with her friends, she asked me out for coffee the following Saturday, then came to my house that night for a movie (The Other Guys, a deliberate test of her sense of humour), I lived in the country at the time and we shared our first kiss under the stars that night, 11th Feb 2012.

We now live together and are having our first child in July!
    Last edited by smilingjustalittlebit; 02-27-2013 at 04:24 AM.
    Do what you love and do it often. If you don't like something, change it. if you don't like your job, quit. If you don't have enough time, stop watching tv. If you are looking for the love of your life, stop, they will be waiting for you when you start doing the things you love. Stop over analyzing, life is simple. When you eat, appreciate every last bite. Some opportunities only come once, seize them.

https://www.facebook.com/ForgedFromFat

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    Us too. And we survived 7 years of long distance romance. Don't feel like I missed out on anything!
    Wow. I don't know if we would have made it 7 years apart. Damn. That must have been tough.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Kvalhion is offline Senior Member
    Match.com checking in! After a year of being divorced and losing 78 pounds going Primal, I decided to meet some new people and give the online dating thing a try for fun. Her profile was hilariously short - she didn't want to post a lot of information about herself online. I thought she was way too pretty for the likes of me so I just sent her a one line message saying that her short profile made me laugh.

We met and talked over a glass of wine for three hours, had our first kiss on the skyride at the county fair and have been dating going on two years now.
    5-24-10 ................ 5-24-11
    Weight: 281.......... Weight: 203

10-11-10
    Weight: 259
    Total Cholesterol: 243
    LDL: 188
    HDL: 40
    Trig: 96

2-18-11
    Weight: 228
    Total Cholesterol: 239
    LDL: 183 (calc), 138 (actual)
    HDL: 46
    Trig: 49

6-23-11
    Weight: 197.2
    Total Cholesterol: 225
    LDL: 161 (calc), 120 (actual)
    HDL: 56
    Trig: 38

marthat is offline Senior Member
    Wow. I don't know if we would have made it 7 years apart. Damn. That must have been tough.
    And it was through the late 70's and early 80's, long before instant messaging, email, celphones, texting, Skype, even cheap long distance! We wrote letters! And struggled through non-digital, non-optic long distance phone calls. After the first year or so, we were at two separate universities about 40 minutes drive apart and we made a point to see each other every weekend unless it was exam time. Sometimes the weekend ended at 10 a.m. Sunday morning so that we could each get back to our homework. We've been together a total of 34 years now, including the courtship - still amazes me to think of it!

namelesswonder is online now Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraSB View Post
    Yes, there is something magical about that. DH and I were 24 when we met, so it was too late for us, but after 26 years with one person, you realize the very limited value of that prior "experience".
    I have to say that my experience was the opposite. Prior experience was actually rather important part of our relationship. We knew each other in high school, but there is no way we would have dated any earlier than we did. We both needed to grow up a bit first, and in reference to physical "experience", well, that was very important in the building of our relationship. I realize not everyone places the same kind of value in physical intimacy, however.

[edit] Ignore this, I realize you aren't trying to slight anyone's experiences, I'm just not being very rational today.
    Last edited by namelesswonder; 02-27-2013 at 03:57 PM.
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by marthat View Post
    And it was through the late 70's and early 80's, long before instant messaging, email, celphones, texting, Skype, even cheap long distance! We wrote letters! And struggled through non-digital, non-optic long distance phone calls. After the first year or so, we were at two separate universities about 40 minutes drive apart and we made a point to see each other every weekend unless it was exam time. Sometimes the weekend ended at 10 a.m. Sunday morning so that we could each get back to our homework. We've been together a total of 34 years now, including the courtship - still amazes me to think of it!
    Oh, OK. That's not QUITE so bad. We were in MA and OR and only saw each other in person every 3-4 months on school breaks. Probably could have handled several years of being 40 minutes apart if we had to! Still sucks though.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

gregpoole is online now Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    Was at a comedy show with a bunch of friends when all of a sudden this girl comes over and sits on my lap and asks me to drive her to friends house after the show. I drove her to her friends place which was only a mile away from where I lived, we stay out i the car for 5 hours talking waiting for her friend to come home, we went out to the movies the next night and that was it. we have been together now for 32 years and still the love of my life.
    You are what you eat, so only eat the best!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast