Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: How did you meet your significant other? page 7

MaryIM is offline Member
    Shop Now
    We met at a golf course ... the corporation we both worked for had a golf outing. My handicap was the worst and my (future) spouse's handicap was the best. So we were paired together. I remember when we met, shaking hands and looking up into his face (he's a foot taller) and thinking YES! That would be 28 years ago. We've been married for 27 years. He's still a great golfer and I suck. Although am currently taking lessons, I've progressed from horrible to terrible.
    I practice yoga (am a yogini) and am also a follower of Grok ... so my journal is Grokini Mary

My journal: http://www.marksdailyapple.com/forum/thread66249.html

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Amazing what happens when you stop making the same stupid things and take a chance on something you don't think you want. You sometimes get even better than what you thought you've been wanting all along.
    Good advice.
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

texas.grok is offline Senior Member
    I was working for the EMS as an EMT, she was on the Code 99 team (cardiac arrest) at the hospital. I brought in a Code and met her while I was pumping chest on the patient. Patient didn't survive, our relationship did.
    Randal
    AKA: Texas Grok

Quote Originally Posted by texas.grok View Post
    Facebook is to intelligence what a black hole is to light
    http://hardcoremind.com/

NZ primal Gwamma is offline Senior Member
    TG - that is so not romantic - but what the hell - sometimes good things come out of bad !!!!
    "never let the truth get in the way of a good story "

...small steps....

pogo0685 is offline Junior Member
    I met my husband at work, I avoided talking to him because I was such a bitch at the time. He said he was instantly in love with me but I didn't know because I was so afraid of being mean to him I just flat out ignored him, he said everyone we worked with knew he was infatuated with me but everyone told him that he didn't have a chance with me. One day I finally had to talk to him and from there we hit it off. I was in a horrible relationship at the time (that's why I was so bitchy, or that's what people tell me), he was moving every few months because he had a stalker ex girlfriend and was actually going to leave on April 1st to move to Florida to get away from her. After talking to him for a few weeks I kicked my boyfriend out, the next day he asked me out. Our first date was a local bands gig at a shitty little bar on St. Patrick's day. He moved in a month later (much to my mothers dismay). A year later his grandfather died so he moved away, came back 3 weeks later with a ring. We got married 6 months later. He was a city boy, me a county girl. Now we have 2 kids, lots of critters, and even a horse which he adores .

Lucy is offline Member
    I was a conference at a local University when I noticed this woman looking at me and I kept looking aroung because I thought for sure she must be looking at someone else! She came up to me and in a very sexy accent said, "I don't know anyone here." My response was, "Yes you do, you know me I'm Lucy." We spent the entire day going to classes together and I told my friends at the conference, "That's the woman I am spending the rest of my life with." That was 21 years ago and happier each and everyday.

Uncephalized is offline Senior Member
    I asked her to the prom our junior year of high school. We had our first kiss a week later after the cast party for the Wizard of Oz, in which I was playing the Tin Man. We got frozen yogurt. I still had silver face paint around my eyes. She wore tights. I still remember the way the fabric felt when I "casually" put my hand on her knee in the car. She surprised me with her vigorous tongue use (neither of us had much experience kissing). The three French exchange students in the back of the car made jabbering noises that were almost certainly some sort of mockery. Good thing I don't speak French.

We spent the next several weeks with as little space between our faces as is humanly possible.

Eight years later we are happily married, having survived a year long-distance at college before deciding we were done with that crap and moving back home to be together, as well as several years of persecution from my non-approving mother, who is much nicer nowadays.

We are each other's first and only and like it that way.
    Today I will: Eat food, not poison. Plan for success, not settle for failure. Live my real life, not a virtual one. Move and grow, not sit and die.

My Primal Journal

Wulf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by RitaRose View Post
    Amazing what happens when you stop making the same stupid things and take a chance on something you don't think you want. You sometimes get even better than what you thought you've been wanting all along.
    My husband is 1 inch shorter than I. I had success when I stopped being so picky about appearance and took a chance on a guy I would never have dated before.

Mike in Virginia is online now Senior Member
    We met on an internet dating site (plentyoffish, if ya wanna know). Exchanged a few emails, then phone numbers. After a few phone conversations, we set up a meeting for coffee. It lasted over two hours as we had an easy, comfortable, free-flowing conversation. We started dating, and things developed slowly but surely. We got engaged last October, and will be married March 16. Yeah, less than 3 weeks from now.

Great insight, RitaRose. Taking a chance sure paid off for me. I always tended to scoff at internet dating, but I ended up with the finest woman I've ever met.
    Live your life and love your life. It's the only one you get.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike in Virginia View Post
    We got engaged last October, and will be married March 16. Yeah, less than 3 weeks from now.
    So cool!!
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast