Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you meet your significant other? page 6

YogaBare is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Primal Pamme View Post
    "You know the song of my heart and sing it to me when I have forgotten it...." This is still true today.
    Beautiful. Not sure whether to smile or cry!
    "I think the basic anti-aging diet is also the best diet for prevention and treatment of diabetes, scleroderma, and the various "connective tissue diseases." This would emphasize high protein, low unsaturated fats, low iron, and high antioxidant consumption, with a moderate or low starch consumption.

In practice, this means that a major part of the diet should be milk, cheese, eggs, shellfish, fruits and coconut oil, with vitamin E and salt as the safest supplements."

- Ray Peat

whitebear is offline Senior Member
    Through mutual friends at a bar and over lots of alcohol. 7 years and one son later, still going strong.

BestBetter is offline Senior Member
    As a public school teacher, I have summers off from work, so one year I decided to spend 2 months in Poland. The plan was to take a few weeks of language class in Krakow, then travel solo through the countryside for a few more weeks relying on my newly acquired Polish skills.

While in the language class, I became instant BFF with this guy from Italy who was also taking Polish classes in preparation for his upcoming move to Krakow. At the end of his 2 weeks in Krakow, he signed a lease on an apartment, and returned to Italy for a month to pack and tie up loose ends.

On the surface he seemed to be my polar opposite, but we were soulmates from the first conversation. When we parted ways after our language class ended, we emailed eachother about 20 times a day, and I extended my trip to visit him in Italy for 2 weeks.

When I returned to the States, I was heartbroken at the thought of never seeing him again...and then I got a message that when he showed up to his new apartment in Krakow, there was a huge gaping hole in the ceiling from some construction work, and it was uninhabitable. We took this as a sign, and I convinced him to come to NY instead of finding another apartment there.

He arrived on a 3 month tourist visa, it was heaven, and towards the end of his trip, we had to choose between:
    1) him returning to Europe and never seeing each other again
    2) getting married

So we got married.

UniqueTII is offline Senior Member
    I like to race cars on the weekends, mostly autocross (basically a low speed time trial) and some drag racing. I was at one of my usual autocross venues with my 2011 Subaru STI and she came to watch/ride with a mutual friend. My friend's wife asked me if she (gf) could ride with me on one of my runs. I had a passenger lined up for my first run, but I told her she could ride later.

As I staged for my first run, the guy who was supposed to ride along was nowhere to be found. I called my friend and had him send her down. We actually introduced ourselves as she was getting into my car and putting a helmet on. The first thing she said to me (other than maybe her name) was "I don't normally get into cars with strange men."

The lap with her was, at the time, the fastest lap I had ever put down at that track. We chatted the rest of the day and went out for our first date (which began my sushi addiction) the following Friday.
    I wish I liked to eat liver.

Terry H is offline Senior Member
    First saw heR at a large conference in India- I an american and she a german-but we never spoke. According to tradition, women were seated on one side and men on the other, with about 7,000 people in attendance. We both happened to attend a conference in Michigan a little later and were formally introduced. Many letters and phone bills later, I flew to Germany and as per tradition asked her father for her hand. After working thru the INS fiasco she resigned her position, flew to the U.S.,and lived at my parents house for a week till we married.
    Last edited by Terry H; 02-19-2013 at 08:35 AM.

Penady is offline Senior Member
    I moved into the apartment across the hall from his. It was a small, garden-style apartment...old with very narrow hallways. My couch couldn't fit through my door. I knocked on his door to see if we could angle it in through his door and push it into my apartment. Who would have thought that the man answering the door would turn out to be the love of my live?

EagleRiverDee is offline Senior Member
    Penady- what a great story!
    High Weight: 225
    Weight at start of Primal: 189
    Current Weight: 174
    Goal Weight: 130

Primal Start Date: 11/26/2012

Primal123 is offline Senior Member
    Met our first day of college as friends. He was a womanizing jerk but we were friends for years both moved around a bit. about 9 years after meeting we both moved to the same city within a few weeks of each other. We started hanging out and fell in love. Got married after several years and have been married 14 years.

My parents love story has always intrigued me. In the 1940's they were both engaged to other people. My father was friends with my mother's oldest brother. The three couples went out for an evening and my mother says as soon as she saw my father her first thought was "that is the man I am going to marry." They both ended their engagements and started dating. They dated through WWII and the Korean conflict. He came home from the war and they were married. When she died at age 80 they were together for about 55 years if I recall correctly.

jaczor is offline Member
    Maybe there's still hope for me after all, great stories guuys/gals.

RitaRose is offline Senior Member
    Primal Blueprint Expert Certification
    We were matched on eHarnony, Valentines Day 3 years ago. We emailed a few times, talked on the phone for 3 hours and met 3 days later, talking for 7 hours straight. Moved in together 4 months later and I don't see us ever being apart.

Amazing what happens when you stop making the same stupid things and take a chance on something you don't think you want. You sometimes get even better than what you thought you've been wanting all along.
    My sorely neglected blog - http://ThatWriterBroad.com

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast