Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: How did you meet your significant other? page 2

specsAreGrok is offline Senior Member
    Primal Fuel
    Quote Originally Posted by YogaBare View Post
    This is the stuff Simpson's quotes are made of... (and I mean that as the highest possible compliment)
    Thanks, when i proposed to her I printed out a book of poems I had written for her. I might have to whip up a new one to add to it tomorrow using that quote.

meeshar is offline Senior Member
    We went to the same high school, worked at a couple of the same jobs, but weren't super close friends. I moved away for a few years after HS but life happened and I ended up moving back to my hometown. Some old friends came by to hang out and he was with them, then later he showed up by himself. We were "friends with benefits" for nearly a year, open to seeing other people, but neither of us did. He joined the Air Force, and I drove 10 hours to see him after basic training. While there was no ring, he said "I missed you so much. My grandpa used to say that you don't marry someone you can live with, you marry someone you can't live without. And I don't think I can live without you." Our 10th wedding anniversary is next month.

judyodonnell is offline Junior Member
    He came around to my house for a business meeting, and sat on my spectacles and crushed the glass.. Hugh Grant had nothing on mine!

Th course of true love ran blind...

Judy

Quote Originally Posted by namelesswonder View Post
    Now we're engaged .
    So what you're saying is... he's your fiance!

Kochin is offline Senior Member
    Met him online. I'd started an argument and the gallant Viking came in my defense. We got friendly and talked and, the more we talked, the more we suspected we were supposed to be the same person, but our soul was split before it entered Earth.
    Depending on what aspect of our personalities you look at, we're either near-identical or perfectly complementary. At first I thought I was just plain lucky to have found him, but now I think it was inevitable that we'd eventually meet.
    --
    Perfection is entirely individual. Any philosophy or pursuit that encourages individuality has merit in that it frees people. Any that encourages shackles only has merit in that it shows you how wrong and desperate the human mind can get in its pursuit of truth.

--
    I get blunter and more narcissistic by the day.
    I'd apologize, but...

namelesswonder is online now Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Finnegans Wake View Post
    So what you're saying is... he's your fiance!
    That's fianc, thank you very much .
    Journal on depression/anxiety
    Currently trying to figure out WTF to eat (for IBS-C).

canio6 is offline Senior Member
    We'd been friends for years. She was widowed, I was divorced, one thing led to another.
    somehow I manage to leave my intelligence and decorum at the door wherever I go. I doubt your journal will be an exception to that - not on the rug

What the F&#* is a decorum? - Mr. Anthony

nuraan is offline Senior Member
    I was bridesmaid for my cousin and she asked him to give me a lift home after the wedding. He got my number from her and we started meeting up as friends for about two years before we got married ... this year I'll be married to my best friend for 20 years

Zeera is offline Senior Member
    Through our best friends. My best friend works at a gym and started dating a weight lifter there. Soon enough it came up in one of their conversations that each of their best friends happened to be single and that we seemed to have a ton in common. They came up with a plan to get us to meet, where my friend invited me to make the hour drive to visit for the weekend and her boyfriend invited his best friend to come down for the weekend as well. We met and really hit it off. Its uncanny how many things we ended up having in common. We coincidentally happened to live near each other so that worked out really well, and we've been together ever since.

osgoka01 is offline Junior Member
    Local coffee shop with great espresso... I was standing in line, and for whatever reason turned around to look behind me. There was a beautiful building of a man, with this movie star blonde hair & a lovely wool sweater (love guys in sweaters). Our eyes locked for what seemed toooo long a time... as I turned back to order my coffee, he stepped up next to me and asked if he could get mine for me.

We ended up going for a walk around a local park and gabbed for about an hour. It turned out we had mutual friends yadayada... He asked me for my phone # and well, here we are today!

Yes it was a scene right out of a movie. Yes he really does look like a celebrity. Yes he whisphers to me in French when I can't sleep. Yes he is perfectly happy to cook a gourmet meal all day Saturday to feed me and my lady friends. Is he perfect? Yes, I think he just might be.

Sigh.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast